Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Val where are u are u OK?

Posted by Tammie on 5/03/01 at 08:11 (046465)

Dear Val,
I have not heard from u for a bit and have not seen your posts. I hope u are well, and just busy,I know that your hubby recently graduated from school so maybe you both are spending some quality time together! Or he is having the pleasentries of looking for that wonderful job, in any case I was worried about you and so was Laurie. Please let us know how u are doing when u can !!! U are in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Re: Val where are u are u OK?

Laurie R on 5/03/01 at 13:44 (046506)

Thank 's Tammie ,I am too wondering how Val is.... I hope everything is well with ys Val..When you have time let us know. I was also wondering if your doctor made you go back to work and that is why we have not heard from you. All my best to both of you ..Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/04/01 at 22:09 (046649)

Hi Laurie, Hi Tammie...

I am sorry that I have not been posting. I am starting to feel like I don't have anything to say anymore. The progress I was experiencing seems to be disappearing again... I was hoping that this was just a small relapse in pain, but it seems to be getting worse again. My ankles are ok for now, but my heels are screaming and my arches are killing me! I am so sick of this. I'm sorry... this is why I haven't wanted to say anything.
I feel like I am being swallowed by this depression again. I don't know if I overdid it or if I just need to do more exercises or what. The week following the end of my PT was almost like heaven... felt better and better. But now, I am sliding backwards again.

I am trying hard to look at the progress I have made since starting my medical leave. No, I haven't gone back to work yet. I have been trying to 'ease back into' a normal life, but it has backfired on me I think. I know that I can't ease back into 8 hours a day. I really really miss my job sometimes. I miss feeling important. I am in limbo right now, and it's trying my patience. ... I'm sorry to complain.

Thanks for caring ... I have hit another speed bump in the road to recovery... Just trying to keep going...

Take it easy. Thanks again... wish I had something better to say.
Val.

Julie on 5/05/01 at 03:20 (046665)

Val, hang in there. What you're feeling now is so normal - I know how you feel because I've been there; we all have. You have something (PF) that seems so simple, and you think 'this isn't going to take long'. and then you slowly realize that it's a long haul. Missing feeling important must be very difficult for you - but one way to get around that is to stick with the board and carry on with the good work you started a while ago, of helping and encouraging and informing others.

Even if you have 'nothing to say' about yourself, you have plenty to offer to new people now that you're an old hand yourself. So don't drift off, stay with us.

All the best

Julie

Steve P on 5/05/01 at 19:49 (046727)

Hi Val --- I think you were considering ESWT recently. Maybe you want to look into it again. ????

best..........Steve

Re: Val where are u are u OK?/Oh yes Val U are very Important and Needed!!!

Tammie on 5/05/01 at 20:56 (046734)

Oh Val!!!!
I miss u so much! You are a great person and I am so sorry u are having a bad time! I understand and I feel bad for u!!! But please keep coming to the board, People need u and your kind words, U helped me !!!!!!!!!!!! You reached out to me and I needed a good friend. There are so many people who need your help and encoragement. Sometimes helping others is good therapy for ourselves. I understand about work, I went in yesterday to just visit and sit with some of my patients,I enjoyed it but felt as if I should be there working lol but those hallways looked mighty long!!! And I could not handle to much walking myself. My co workers have been kind as they call and ask me when I am coming back ! But always remind me to come back heeled as they need my feet to ! Well I hope u feel better and dont run from us we need u!!! Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssss Tammy

Re: Your Pal Val

valerie k s on 5/05/01 at 22:36 (046744)

Hey Val, I was looking on the foot surgery board and low and behold found yoyou over here. I also want you to know that your words of encouragement wwere helpful to me. I am now 31 days post op. I have been using a walker
as I found it a whole lot easier than the crutches. I must tell you that
the pain I had before surgery is GONE. The only pain I have now is from
the incision, but that gets better everyday. I have tried to walk with
out the walker kind of on the side of my foot, but its too much too soon.
I hope you find some relief someday soon for your pain. Keep in touch.

Valerie K S

Julie on 5/06/01 at 02:46 (046748)

Tammie you're right: helping others is _always_ good therapy for ourselves. Actually, I had you in mind when I encouraged Val to keep coming to the board for others' sake, and I'm so glad you've told her how much she helped you. And I hope it helps her to feel important again!

And Val, isn't this at least as good as supervising what's going on on the shop floor?

Re: I'm not going anywhere... I'm just thinking

Valerie S on 5/06/01 at 18:48 (046826)

Hi.
Thanks for all your encouragement. I am not going anywhere. I still read the boards. Just don't feel like saying much right now, trying to figure out why my feet hurt so bad. ...
...Oh yeah, I have PF.
hahaha
Sorry to be such a bummer. I know I'll get over this hump... this too, shall pass. Just wish it would pass quicker!

I have to call my pod tomorrow with an update. I can't go back to work, and I really hope he can support me on this. The thought of calling gives me enough stress to make me want to go back to work, just to relax (I know what to expect there...) ... just kidding. hee hee hee.

Oh well. Good luck to me.

Good luck to everyone. ... Take it easy, and thanks for caring. It helps me a lot to know we're all in this together.
I'm so lucky.
Have a great day!
Val.

Cynthia D on 5/07/01 at 11:33 (046900)

Val, I was also thinking about you. Sorry you had a relapse. This horrible condition is so unpredictable! I just take the good days with pleasure, because a sneaky bad day always seems to be on the horizon. I just thank God I can walk around the house again, and little bit outside of the house. But isn't it amazing that a parking lot can look so HUGE, or even a hallway? Feel better.

Laurie R on 5/03/01 at 13:44 (046506)

Thank 's Tammie ,I am too wondering how Val is.... I hope everything is well with ys Val..When you have time let us know. I was also wondering if your doctor made you go back to work and that is why we have not heard from you. All my best to both of you ..Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/04/01 at 22:09 (046649)

Hi Laurie, Hi Tammie...

I am sorry that I have not been posting. I am starting to feel like I don't have anything to say anymore. The progress I was experiencing seems to be disappearing again... I was hoping that this was just a small relapse in pain, but it seems to be getting worse again. My ankles are ok for now, but my heels are screaming and my arches are killing me! I am so sick of this. I'm sorry... this is why I haven't wanted to say anything.
I feel like I am being swallowed by this depression again. I don't know if I overdid it or if I just need to do more exercises or what. The week following the end of my PT was almost like heaven... felt better and better. But now, I am sliding backwards again.

I am trying hard to look at the progress I have made since starting my medical leave. No, I haven't gone back to work yet. I have been trying to 'ease back into' a normal life, but it has backfired on me I think. I know that I can't ease back into 8 hours a day. I really really miss my job sometimes. I miss feeling important. I am in limbo right now, and it's trying my patience. ... I'm sorry to complain.

Thanks for caring ... I have hit another speed bump in the road to recovery... Just trying to keep going...

Take it easy. Thanks again... wish I had something better to say.
Val.

Julie on 5/05/01 at 03:20 (046665)

Val, hang in there. What you're feeling now is so normal - I know how you feel because I've been there; we all have. You have something (PF) that seems so simple, and you think 'this isn't going to take long'. and then you slowly realize that it's a long haul. Missing feeling important must be very difficult for you - but one way to get around that is to stick with the board and carry on with the good work you started a while ago, of helping and encouraging and informing others.

Even if you have 'nothing to say' about yourself, you have plenty to offer to new people now that you're an old hand yourself. So don't drift off, stay with us.

All the best

Julie

Steve P on 5/05/01 at 19:49 (046727)

Hi Val --- I think you were considering ESWT recently. Maybe you want to look into it again. ????

best..........Steve

Tammie on 5/05/01 at 20:56 (046734)

Oh Val!!!!
I miss u so much! You are a great person and I am so sorry u are having a bad time! I understand and I feel bad for u!!! But please keep coming to the board, People need u and your kind words, U helped me !!!!!!!!!!!! You reached out to me and I needed a good friend. There are so many people who need your help and encoragement. Sometimes helping others is good therapy for ourselves. I understand about work, I went in yesterday to just visit and sit with some of my patients,I enjoyed it but felt as if I should be there working lol but those hallways looked mighty long!!! And I could not handle to much walking myself. My co workers have been kind as they call and ask me when I am coming back ! But always remind me to come back heeled as they need my feet to ! Well I hope u feel better and dont run from us we need u!!! Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssss Tammy

Re: Your Pal Val

valerie k s on 5/05/01 at 22:36 (046744)

Hey Val, I was looking on the foot surgery board and low and behold found yoyou over here. I also want you to know that your words of encouragement wwere helpful to me. I am now 31 days post op. I have been using a walker
as I found it a whole lot easier than the crutches. I must tell you that
the pain I had before surgery is GONE. The only pain I have now is from
the incision, but that gets better everyday. I have tried to walk with
out the walker kind of on the side of my foot, but its too much too soon.
I hope you find some relief someday soon for your pain. Keep in touch.

Valerie K S

Julie on 5/06/01 at 02:46 (046748)

Tammie you're right: helping others is _always_ good therapy for ourselves. Actually, I had you in mind when I encouraged Val to keep coming to the board for others' sake, and I'm so glad you've told her how much she helped you. And I hope it helps her to feel important again!

And Val, isn't this at least as good as supervising what's going on on the shop floor?

Valerie S on 5/06/01 at 18:48 (046826)

Hi.
Thanks for all your encouragement. I am not going anywhere. I still read the boards. Just don't feel like saying much right now, trying to figure out why my feet hurt so bad. ...
...Oh yeah, I have PF.
hahaha
Sorry to be such a bummer. I know I'll get over this hump... this too, shall pass. Just wish it would pass quicker!

I have to call my pod tomorrow with an update. I can't go back to work, and I really hope he can support me on this. The thought of calling gives me enough stress to make me want to go back to work, just to relax (I know what to expect there...) ... just kidding. hee hee hee.

Oh well. Good luck to me.

Good luck to everyone. ... Take it easy, and thanks for caring. It helps me a lot to know we're all in this together.
I'm so lucky.
Have a great day!
Val.

Cynthia D on 5/07/01 at 11:33 (046900)

Val, I was also thinking about you. Sorry you had a relapse. This horrible condition is so unpredictable! I just take the good days with pleasure, because a sneaky bad day always seems to be on the horizon. I just thank God I can walk around the house again, and little bit outside of the house. But isn't it amazing that a parking lot can look so HUGE, or even a hallway? Feel better.