Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I will bite the bullet and try calling

Posted by Tammie on 5/03/01 at 11:31 (046488)

Well ,
I dont know if this stuff is normal or not and the way I look at it is I could do pretty well and all of the sudden I cannot walk and have to revert to crutches which I absoulutly hate I guess I will have to call. I tryed icing for the last couple days,no change and no swelling really. My foot has a hot area inside thru wear the arch to back heel it feels like it is burning on inside but can not see any reddness or swelling . Maybe again normal heeling but will try the call, Maybe can run it by there nurse as she seem to be nice enough, I just dont want to be a neroutic person lol,It could be normal heeling pain but I have a hunch it may be related to the new orthotic. Maybe to much to soon kinda thing. affecting my whole foot ,as I go from a flatfoot and pf and stuff to all the sudden surgery and wearing a orthotic which I have never had before. My hubby says I am to afraid of Dr.s lol he says call u fool they are there for that. And we pay them good so call , he called home as he was worried as he knows me and I do not baby myself and when he seen the crutches and I was a crab, he knows to that something is going on. Thanks for being patient with me as I know u will be glad to get rid of me soon just think only till june 4 then I will go back to work and will be to tired to bother u good people lol. Ok off i am to make a call gee I wish I could go to the denist instead . And for info I am not fond of going there either lol.

Re: I will bite the bullet and try calling

Donna SL on 5/03/01 at 13:25 (046500)

Hi Tammie,

I don't know if this helps, but remember you hired this doctor, and he works for you!! You shouldn't ever feel bad about calling him, and demanding answers to your questions by talking directly to him not the nurse. Your hubby is right. Your are paying him good money, and I would tell him that if he gives you any problems. He wouldn't be making a living without patients like you.

Donna

Pauline on 5/03/01 at 13:26 (046501)

Tammie,
Your husband has given you good advice. No need to bite any bullet. Just
call. You need answers and your Doctor should have the answers for you.
Call and ask all the questions you want answers to. If he seems rushed over the phone, make an appointment and go in to see him.

One good trick, position yourself or your husband in front of the door.
Doctors are very reluctant to leave if you are standing in this location with unanswered questions.

Re: Ok called

Tammie on 5/03/01 at 13:44 (046505)

well I called, and talked with nurse who said wait dr. here but eating let me see what she thinks. Seems to think may very well be orthodics, I guess I misunderstood about them to . Said I need to break in the surgery foot like the good one and to stoppppp take them off and ice foot and elevate and put walking boot back on and restart after some rest, one hour at a time . Dont think she was to thrilled with me. Said if pain not better by monday or anything more developes call and they will see me then/ She seemed a bit perturbed with me . Well I was like a kid to stuttering and I could have swore they told me to wear orthodic on surgery foot all the time . I guess I was wrong. She said whenever u have pain like this to stop wahtever and rest it and evaluate what is causing it. I felt really stupid thank u very much . I dont know all of this . I am a common person who has never delt with this kinda stuff. Oh well the orthodic is out and the boot is back on. We will see ! Thanks for all advice I AM SO SORRY I am a pain! I really do appreciate all of the support tho. Oh yeah she asked me if I knew what pain meant Lol I said well I think , she said ok now it means S -T-O-P and rest it . Ok so it is new to me . Never did that before unless I could not do anything about it. a new lesson is learned. This child has now moved a step up in the knowledge of dealing with a pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/03/01 at 18:41 (046531)

I have two door in my treatment rooms just in case the one door is blocked, I have other to go out with. So Pauline I can get away .

P.Ann on 5/03/01 at 20:08 (046544)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........I needed a laugh, thanks!

BrianG on 5/04/01 at 11:14 (046595)

Hi Tammie,

I'm glad you called and I hope removing the orthotic will give you some relief. The doctors office should not be upset your calling. Not everyone heals with no complications. I think I might just mention this to the doc. Ask him WHY they are making you unfomfertable when you call. He is not god, he has to come down to earth. Good luck, and rest up.

BCG

PS I think I told you I was in touch with m doc a couple times a week, for the frst 3 or 4 weeks. He probably wasn't too happy I was not healing, but he dealt with it like a professional.

Donna SL on 5/03/01 at 13:25 (046500)

Hi Tammie,

I don't know if this helps, but remember you hired this doctor, and he works for you!! You shouldn't ever feel bad about calling him, and demanding answers to your questions by talking directly to him not the nurse. Your hubby is right. Your are paying him good money, and I would tell him that if he gives you any problems. He wouldn't be making a living without patients like you.

Donna

Pauline on 5/03/01 at 13:26 (046501)

Tammie,
Your husband has given you good advice. No need to bite any bullet. Just
call. You need answers and your Doctor should have the answers for you.
Call and ask all the questions you want answers to. If he seems rushed over the phone, make an appointment and go in to see him.

One good trick, position yourself or your husband in front of the door.
Doctors are very reluctant to leave if you are standing in this location with unanswered questions.

Tammie on 5/03/01 at 13:44 (046505)

well I called, and talked with nurse who said wait dr. here but eating let me see what she thinks. Seems to think may very well be orthodics, I guess I misunderstood about them to . Said I need to break in the surgery foot like the good one and to stoppppp take them off and ice foot and elevate and put walking boot back on and restart after some rest, one hour at a time . Dont think she was to thrilled with me. Said if pain not better by monday or anything more developes call and they will see me then/ She seemed a bit perturbed with me . Well I was like a kid to stuttering and I could have swore they told me to wear orthodic on surgery foot all the time . I guess I was wrong. She said whenever u have pain like this to stop wahtever and rest it and evaluate what is causing it. I felt really stupid thank u very much . I dont know all of this . I am a common person who has never delt with this kinda stuff. Oh well the orthodic is out and the boot is back on. We will see ! Thanks for all advice I AM SO SORRY I am a pain! I really do appreciate all of the support tho. Oh yeah she asked me if I knew what pain meant Lol I said well I think , she said ok now it means S -T-O-P and rest it . Ok so it is new to me . Never did that before unless I could not do anything about it. a new lesson is learned. This child has now moved a step up in the knowledge of dealing with a pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/03/01 at 18:41 (046531)

I have two door in my treatment rooms just in case the one door is blocked, I have other to go out with. So Pauline I can get away .

P.Ann on 5/03/01 at 20:08 (046544)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........I needed a laugh, thanks!

BrianG on 5/04/01 at 11:14 (046595)

Hi Tammie,

I'm glad you called and I hope removing the orthotic will give you some relief. The doctors office should not be upset your calling. Not everyone heals with no complications. I think I might just mention this to the doc. Ask him WHY they are making you unfomfertable when you call. He is not god, he has to come down to earth. Good luck, and rest up.

BCG

PS I think I told you I was in touch with m doc a couple times a week, for the frst 3 or 4 weeks. He probably wasn't too happy I was not healing, but he dealt with it like a professional.