Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron?

Posted by Shaira on 5/04/01 at hrmin (046575)

Hi, I haven't been around here for a while, but I'm reading the National Enquirer right now and it talks about the OssaTron, saying it relieves pf in about 85% of the cases.

Quoting from the article: 'To use the OssaTron, the patient places the heel on a balloon-like part of the machine and a series of targeted shock waves are emitted for about 30 minutes. 'These waves break kup unhealthy tissue and allow new blood vessels to grow into the area,' noted Dr. Wheelock.'

There is a website as well, http://www.healthtronics.com

I went there and I didn't see any dr's in the San Francisco area where I live..:( because though I am better I still HAVE painful pf....

Also, has anyone tried this?

Re: Ossatron?

Pauline on 5/04/01 at 09:04 (046578)

There certainly are people who post regularly that have been treated with the OssaTron including Scott the board keeper. I'm sure they will be glad to share their information with you. If you haven't, take the time to read Scotts book on Plantar Fasciitis. You will learn lots about your condition if that is what you have.

Also if you go back to the Healthronics web page. Read down the page
to a sentence that begins: 'If you believe you may be a canadidate...
click here' This will bring you to another page where you will be able to look for a location near your home. They are not in every city so there may be some travel involved. Have car---will travel = Possible cure.
Best of luck.

Steve P on 5/04/01 at 11:15 (046597)

Yes.....check out the ESWT portion of this message board for more info. You can do searches for past info.

Pauline on 5/04/01 at 09:04 (046578)

There certainly are people who post regularly that have been treated with the OssaTron including Scott the board keeper. I'm sure they will be glad to share their information with you. If you haven't, take the time to read Scotts book on Plantar Fasciitis. You will learn lots about your condition if that is what you have.

Also if you go back to the Healthronics web page. Read down the page
to a sentence that begins: 'If you believe you may be a canadidate...
click here' This will bring you to another page where you will be able to look for a location near your home. They are not in every city so there may be some travel involved. Have car---will travel = Possible cure.
Best of luck.

Steve P on 5/04/01 at 11:15 (046597)

Yes.....check out the ESWT portion of this message board for more info. You can do searches for past info.