Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post opTTS pain

Posted by claudia m on 5/04/01 at 11:30 (046603)

Has anyone had pain on the top of their foot? I started doing the exercises the therapist gave me to do , which is flex, writing abc's with my big toe and rotating my ankle. I am having pain from my toes across the top of my foot and in the ankle joint. Is this normal? I can hardly bend my foot at all. I just had my TTS surgery april4th. I wore a boot for 3 weeks and I am in a regular shoe now with full weight bearing. Would appreciate any help .

Re: post opTTS pain

Scott2 on 5/04/01 at 17:54 (046638)

Claudia,

I had surgery for tts and plantar fascia release on Feb 16. Stiffness is going to be there so stretch, stretch, stretch, and do those exercises.

As for the pain, I get it in weird places now as the nerve is recovering in addition to the plantar fascia. My MRI and X-Rays showed some mysterious injury from my past which I cannot identify or recall and I get weird feelings there sometimes, but I do not know if that is from the surgery or the past injury. Sorry I could not be more specific.

I guess what I am trying to say is you can expect lots of weird feelings on your foot. I get them in places now that I did not get before surgery.

susie c on 5/05/01 at hrmin (046694)

I just had the tts surgery 1 week today and my foot is so sore. How did you feel during the weeks following the procedure?
I get my stiches out in 7 more days and then i was told maybe light pressure befor standing again. How was your recovery? Susie

claudia m on 5/05/01 at 18:19 (046715)

Susie,I think I had a wonderful pod. I had a 4' scar but only saw 2 stitches. He had it all stitched on the inside. I was very sore though following the surgery. I stayed off it except to go to the restroom, and I proped my foot up on a recliner to eat, pretty much for the 3 weeks I had my boot on.I am still very stiff and sore but nothing like before the surgery when I ccould hardly walk at all, and never without limping. I ahve so many different areas that I really have strange sensations in now, I only hope and pray it gets well soon. My pod says to let my foot be my guide and I can do anything it will let me do. Do you have on a boot? If so when are you supposed to get it off. I did use a walker and a 4 leg cane for the first 3 weeks and I think that helped my pain a lot. I cannot even imagine walking without them the first 3 weeks. Maybe that would help you some with the pain. Dr. did not say I needed them I just did and Ii believe it helped. Plese keep in touch susie and let me know how you get along. I'm not sure how to write to you on this board unless I come back to this same message so if you know will you let me know. Or you can send me your e mail adress and we will keep in touch.

scott2 on 5/05/01 at 18:30 (046716)

Scott, Thank you for responding. I think it did help a lot. I do have strange sensations everywhere in my foot an even my leg. I started therapy and Tuesday I get on the treadmill in water for my foot. Right now my foot does not want to bend at all to even walk , I am so very sooore. Have you been able to go back to work yet? I really need to, but know that my foot won't let me.Do you have a standing up job or sitting down job? Please keep in touch.

Claudia m on 5/06/01 at 12:25 (046784)

Scott, I have no idea how I got mixed up on this board but I did, so you will know I did respond to your message it is just in the wrong place and it shows that you wrote it. Sorry to many pain pills.

Susie on 5/06/01 at 16:15 (046808)

Claudia, My Dr has my foot and leg to the knee in a splint from my toes to the knee and then wrapped with ace bandages.
This will stay on untll the stiches come out next fri or mon. From there I have no idea what is next. I am on crutches now but not moving around very much. When I put the leg down it throbs and I get all those sensations!!! I cant even amagine putting
any presure on the foot. email if you would like scalla@bellatlantic.net . I am taking vicadane when needed. OFTEN!!!! looking forward to your reply. Susie

claudia m on 5/06/01 at 20:01 (046830)

That splint sounds like it would be very uncomfortable. My boot , I could tsake it off as long as I was sitting or laying down and not putting any weight on my foot. So I guess I was lucky. I sure do sympathize with you I know it hurts so bad. I will email you soon Susie. Hang in there.

Scott2 on 5/04/01 at 17:54 (046638)

Claudia,

I had surgery for tts and plantar fascia release on Feb 16. Stiffness is going to be there so stretch, stretch, stretch, and do those exercises.

As for the pain, I get it in weird places now as the nerve is recovering in addition to the plantar fascia. My MRI and X-Rays showed some mysterious injury from my past which I cannot identify or recall and I get weird feelings there sometimes, but I do not know if that is from the surgery or the past injury. Sorry I could not be more specific.

I guess what I am trying to say is you can expect lots of weird feelings on your foot. I get them in places now that I did not get before surgery.

susie c on 5/05/01 at hrmin (046694)

I just had the tts surgery 1 week today and my foot is so sore. How did you feel during the weeks following the procedure?
I get my stiches out in 7 more days and then i was told maybe light pressure befor standing again. How was your recovery? Susie

claudia m on 5/05/01 at 18:19 (046715)

Susie,I think I had a wonderful pod. I had a 4' scar but only saw 2 stitches. He had it all stitched on the inside. I was very sore though following the surgery. I stayed off it except to go to the restroom, and I proped my foot up on a recliner to eat, pretty much for the 3 weeks I had my boot on.I am still very stiff and sore but nothing like before the surgery when I ccould hardly walk at all, and never without limping. I ahve so many different areas that I really have strange sensations in now, I only hope and pray it gets well soon. My pod says to let my foot be my guide and I can do anything it will let me do. Do you have on a boot? If so when are you supposed to get it off. I did use a walker and a 4 leg cane for the first 3 weeks and I think that helped my pain a lot. I cannot even imagine walking without them the first 3 weeks. Maybe that would help you some with the pain. Dr. did not say I needed them I just did and Ii believe it helped. Plese keep in touch susie and let me know how you get along. I'm not sure how to write to you on this board unless I come back to this same message so if you know will you let me know. Or you can send me your e mail adress and we will keep in touch.

scott2 on 5/05/01 at 18:30 (046716)

Scott, Thank you for responding. I think it did help a lot. I do have strange sensations everywhere in my foot an even my leg. I started therapy and Tuesday I get on the treadmill in water for my foot. Right now my foot does not want to bend at all to even walk , I am so very sooore. Have you been able to go back to work yet? I really need to, but know that my foot won't let me.Do you have a standing up job or sitting down job? Please keep in touch.

Claudia m on 5/06/01 at 12:25 (046784)

Scott, I have no idea how I got mixed up on this board but I did, so you will know I did respond to your message it is just in the wrong place and it shows that you wrote it. Sorry to many pain pills.

Susie on 5/06/01 at 16:15 (046808)

Claudia, My Dr has my foot and leg to the knee in a splint from my toes to the knee and then wrapped with ace bandages.
This will stay on untll the stiches come out next fri or mon. From there I have no idea what is next. I am on crutches now but not moving around very much. When I put the leg down it throbs and I get all those sensations!!! I cant even amagine putting
any presure on the foot. email if you would like scalla@bellatlantic.net . I am taking vicadane when needed. OFTEN!!!! looking forward to your reply. Susie

claudia m on 5/06/01 at 20:01 (046830)

That splint sounds like it would be very uncomfortable. My boot , I could tsake it off as long as I was sitting or laying down and not putting any weight on my foot. So I guess I was lucky. I sure do sympathize with you I know it hurts so bad. I will email you soon Susie. Hang in there.