Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I can't believe it!

Posted by Lori E. on 5/05/01 at 00:31 (046661)

I had my first pain level 1 day today! I admit I didn't do much today, just studied for my swedish final next week. I went out to the store for a 5 min. trip today, driving about 1 mi. My feet felt so good I painted my toenails today too!
But the amazing thing is I haven't had a day in all of 21 mon. that I really had such a good foot day.
Strangely enough, it coincides with my 12 week anniversary of my 2nd trip to see the Wizard.
I just wanted to post some good news for a change! I also just realized that I also only wore my Tatami birks with the D-sole inserts, not the $$$$$ Mephisto shoes I bought a last month. But I did wear those yesterday, and had a 2 pain level day. So they aren't a totally useless waste of money.
Just wanted to update you all on my good news!

Re: I can't believe it!

Julie on 5/05/01 at 03:22 (046666)

Congratulations, Lori. That IS good news, and thanks for sharing it.

Re: I can't believe it! - Congratulations!

Cynthia D on 5/05/01 at 07:48 (046674)

That's great news, Lori. Didn't it feel great no to think about your feet constantly? So do you think that having two zaps is really what did it? Were your feet stiff in the morning or were they that way from the early morning? How were your feet after zap #1 and how did you reach the decision to have zap #2? Nosy, aren't I? I hope you have many more days like yesterday!

Lori E. on 5/05/01 at 19:48 (046726)

Cynthia,
My feet were stiff in the morning, but they didn't really hurt, more just a bit sore. I think that making the second trip really did help move my progress along.
I decided on visit #2 to the Wizard after my progress stalled out. I have been tracking my pain level in a pain journal. That way I can see my progress from day to day, week to week and even month to month. It is nice to have something that is somewhat objective to look at to see that I am actually making progress. Or as in the case of going visit #2, not making progress.
I am having a little higher pain level today about a 2-3 level, but I went to the store to get birthday presents and went to my friends' birthday gathering today, so I expected to have a bit more pain than yesterday, just because I did more stuff today.

Re: What is the Wizard?

Wendy G on 5/06/01 at 05:05 (046749)

Hi Lori! i was thrilled to hear of your near pain free day. I am fairly new here as far as posting but have been reading the posts for months. I've heard others mention the 'Wizard' and was wondering what is it? I hope you have many more good days!

Re: Wendy --- Just a nickname for Dr. Zuckerman of Woodbury, NJ, who is the main podiatrist supporting this message board. eom

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 09:45 (046767)

Re: Wendy --- Just a nickname for Dr. Zuckerman of Woodbury, NJ, who is the main podiatrist supporting this message board. eom

WendyG on 5/06/01 at 19:58 (046829)

OOOOKKKKKK.....while we're on the subject of the Wizard, does Dr Z take the military insurance, Champus or Tricare Prime? Does anyone know? Cause guess what?? I live in New Jersey!!!

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 20:46 (046837)

Wendy --- You can either:

1. Ask him on the 'Ask the Doctors' message board

2. E-mail him at: footcare@home.com

3. Call his office at: 856-848-3338

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/07/01 at 02:28 (046846)

WE always help out the military. Just give the office a call. You can if you would like give me some additional information at footcare@home.com

Re: I can't believe it! Grattis!

Clara on 5/07/01 at 02:43 (046848)

Hi Lori!
Nice to hear that you are feeling better now.
Lycka till med din tentamen i svenska!
Hälsningar
Clara

john h on 5/07/01 at 10:18 (046887)

wendy g: you may view a picture of the Wizzard himself by accessing the pictures button on top of this board.

Re: Steve could you elaborate for me please?

Kim B. on 5/07/01 at 10:20 (046889)

Hi Steve, I'm a little confused Can you tell me what you are refering to in this part of your post?

(re: Dr. Z.:) '...who is the main podiatrist supporting this message board.'

Are you speaking of financial support or in terms of the time he puts in at the board? Just curious.

Kim B.

Lori E. on 5/07/01 at 16:18 (046942)

Hej Clara,
Tack för den snälla orden. Jag ska scriva mitt slutprov i morgon.
Jag hoppas du är bra!
Hälsningar,
Lori

Re: Steve could you elaborate for me please? Sure!

Steve P on 5/07/01 at 18:37 (046962)

Hi Kim -- I just meant Dr. Z has the greatest participation on the board in terms of answering questions. This is not to minimize in any way the work of the other podiatrists here; they are all are greatly appreciated.

Steve

Re: I can't believe it! Jag håller tummarna!!

Clara on 5/08/01 at 02:01 (046996)

Hej igen Lori!
Tack själv! Jag mår bättre och ska börja arbeta igen så smått.
Går på akupunktur och det är fantastiskt bra tycker jag. Det hjälper.
Lycka till med svenska-skrivningen, jag håller tummarna!! Det kommer säkert att gå bra.
Hälsningar

Clara
/din vän från Sverige!

To all friends out there on the board: We are talking swedish and that´s easier for me :) but I want to tell you all that I´m feeling much better now, the acu is FANTASTIC for me!!! And this board (you folks!) have helped me a lot, too. I look at the board every day. Soon I will be working again, i hope. I really love my work. I have had PF for 3 months now and I now understand that this will take LONG before I´m totally 'cured'. But - it will not last forever, that is a relief!!
Take care
Clara

DeniseA on 5/08/01 at 22:32 (047107)

Yes Kim, that's what he meant. You did it, you figured it all out. I'm so proud of you. He actually does pay for this board. All of it. In fact, he pays everyone on this board except for you to post. Then he pays people to have PF so they will post here about being treated by him. He is a genius you know.

I think the next thing he's thinking about doing is buying the internet. He's in secret meetings with the inventer, Al Gore, right now. Once he buys the internet he will own all of the possible links to heelspurs.com and the world will be his! All his!

You have broken the code Kim!

Ok, everyone I'm sorry for that. I'm just really tired, it's late, and for once I would like to come on here and see Kim actually being nice and respectful to this man who has never done or said anything disrespectful to anyone on here. For crying out loud, enough is enough.

If this is my first foul, I'll take it. I shouldn't need the others.

DeniseA on 5/09/01 at 20:15 (047250)

Hi WendyG,

I checked with Doc and he said the office does accept that insurance. What branch of the military? My dad was a sailor and my soon to be brother in law is a marine. I'm just an appreciative civilian.

Denise

Re: I can't believe it!

Julie on 5/05/01 at 03:22 (046666)

Congratulations, Lori. That IS good news, and thanks for sharing it.

Cynthia D on 5/05/01 at 07:48 (046674)

That's great news, Lori. Didn't it feel great no to think about your feet constantly? So do you think that having two zaps is really what did it? Were your feet stiff in the morning or were they that way from the early morning? How were your feet after zap #1 and how did you reach the decision to have zap #2? Nosy, aren't I? I hope you have many more days like yesterday!

Lori E. on 5/05/01 at 19:48 (046726)

Cynthia,
My feet were stiff in the morning, but they didn't really hurt, more just a bit sore. I think that making the second trip really did help move my progress along.
I decided on visit #2 to the Wizard after my progress stalled out. I have been tracking my pain level in a pain journal. That way I can see my progress from day to day, week to week and even month to month. It is nice to have something that is somewhat objective to look at to see that I am actually making progress. Or as in the case of going visit #2, not making progress.
I am having a little higher pain level today about a 2-3 level, but I went to the store to get birthday presents and went to my friends' birthday gathering today, so I expected to have a bit more pain than yesterday, just because I did more stuff today.

Wendy G on 5/06/01 at 05:05 (046749)

Hi Lori! i was thrilled to hear of your near pain free day. I am fairly new here as far as posting but have been reading the posts for months. I've heard others mention the 'Wizard' and was wondering what is it? I hope you have many more good days!

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 09:45 (046767)

WendyG on 5/06/01 at 19:58 (046829)

OOOOKKKKKK.....while we're on the subject of the Wizard, does Dr Z take the military insurance, Champus or Tricare Prime? Does anyone know? Cause guess what?? I live in New Jersey!!!

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 20:46 (046837)

Wendy --- You can either:

1. Ask him on the 'Ask the Doctors' message board

2. E-mail him at: footcare@home.com

3. Call his office at: 856-848-3338

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/07/01 at 02:28 (046846)

WE always help out the military. Just give the office a call. You can if you would like give me some additional information at footcare@home.com

Clara on 5/07/01 at 02:43 (046848)

Hi Lori!
Nice to hear that you are feeling better now.
Lycka till med din tentamen i svenska!
Hälsningar
Clara

john h on 5/07/01 at 10:18 (046887)

wendy g: you may view a picture of the Wizzard himself by accessing the pictures button on top of this board.

Kim B. on 5/07/01 at 10:20 (046889)

Hi Steve, I'm a little confused Can you tell me what you are refering to in this part of your post?

(re: Dr. Z.:) '...who is the main podiatrist supporting this message board.'

Are you speaking of financial support or in terms of the time he puts in at the board? Just curious.

Kim B.

Lori E. on 5/07/01 at 16:18 (046942)

Hej Clara,
Tack för den snälla orden. Jag ska scriva mitt slutprov i morgon.
Jag hoppas du är bra!
Hälsningar,
Lori

Re: Steve could you elaborate for me please? Sure!

Steve P on 5/07/01 at 18:37 (046962)

Hi Kim -- I just meant Dr. Z has the greatest participation on the board in terms of answering questions. This is not to minimize in any way the work of the other podiatrists here; they are all are greatly appreciated.

Steve

Re: I can't believe it! Jag håller tummarna!!

Clara on 5/08/01 at 02:01 (046996)

Hej igen Lori!
Tack själv! Jag mår bättre och ska börja arbeta igen så smått.
Går på akupunktur och det är fantastiskt bra tycker jag. Det hjälper.
Lycka till med svenska-skrivningen, jag håller tummarna!! Det kommer säkert att gå bra.
Hälsningar

Clara
/din vän från Sverige!

To all friends out there on the board: We are talking swedish and that´s easier for me :) but I want to tell you all that I´m feeling much better now, the acu is FANTASTIC for me!!! And this board (you folks!) have helped me a lot, too. I look at the board every day. Soon I will be working again, i hope. I really love my work. I have had PF for 3 months now and I now understand that this will take LONG before I´m totally 'cured'. But - it will not last forever, that is a relief!!
Take care
Clara

DeniseA on 5/08/01 at 22:32 (047107)

Yes Kim, that's what he meant. You did it, you figured it all out. I'm so proud of you. He actually does pay for this board. All of it. In fact, he pays everyone on this board except for you to post. Then he pays people to have PF so they will post here about being treated by him. He is a genius you know.

I think the next thing he's thinking about doing is buying the internet. He's in secret meetings with the inventer, Al Gore, right now. Once he buys the internet he will own all of the possible links to heelspurs.com and the world will be his! All his!

You have broken the code Kim!

Ok, everyone I'm sorry for that. I'm just really tired, it's late, and for once I would like to come on here and see Kim actually being nice and respectful to this man who has never done or said anything disrespectful to anyone on here. For crying out loud, enough is enough.

If this is my first foul, I'll take it. I shouldn't need the others.

DeniseA on 5/09/01 at 20:15 (047250)

Hi WendyG,

I checked with Doc and he said the office does accept that insurance. What branch of the military? My dad was a sailor and my soon to be brother in law is a marine. I'm just an appreciative civilian.

Denise