Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do Birkenstocks hurt at first?

Posted by Anne R. on 5/05/01 at hrmin (046703)

I have had PF for about 8 months. After reading postings, I got some Birkenstocks, but they seem to make my heel pain worse. I/ve only been trying them for a week or two. Is it common for the pain to be worse at first with Birkenstocks and should I keep trying or try something else?

Re: Do Birkenstocks hurt at first?

Mary Lou on 5/08/01 at hrmin (047073)

I got my first pair of Birkenstocks about two weeks ago. I've been fight PF for about a year and a half. The Birks really hurt at first but now I've been able to walk again! Birks take longer to break in than other shoes and in the process you use different muscles because your foot is positioned differently. I wouldn't trade my Birks for anything now.

Re: Do Birkenstocks hurt at first?

Mary Lou on 5/08/01 at hrmin (047073)

I got my first pair of Birkenstocks about two weeks ago. I've been fight PF for about a year and a half. The Birks really hurt at first but now I've been able to walk again! Birks take longer to break in than other shoes and in the process you use different muscles because your foot is positioned differently. I wouldn't trade my Birks for anything now.