Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by BelleL on 5/05/01 at hrmin (046738)

I've been diagnosed with Tarsal Tunnel--Posterior tibial tendon.
I want to know if this can be relieved with therapy as opposed to surgery. I have tried ice and ibuprophen when gives temporary relief.
Any advice from anyone who has suffered this will be appreciated.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

wendyn on 5/06/01 at 22:35 (046844)

Hi Belle. There are a log of other things to try before surgery. There is a FAQ link at the top of the TTS message board page - you may want to give it a read.

There are lots of other things that can be done besides ice and IB - how long have you had it?

BelleL on 5/07/01 at hrmin (046924)

Thanks for answering. I had an MRI done this morning to confirm my condition. I haven't heard the results yet. I have been suffering with this since February. It just came on quite suddenly. I read the FAQs and am willing to try anything before surgery. I had knee surgery in 1999 and am still suffering from that. it was on the other leg, and so I am hobbling from one leg to the other.
Thanks again,
BL

wendyn on 5/06/01 at 22:35 (046844)

Hi Belle. There are a log of other things to try before surgery. There is a FAQ link at the top of the TTS message board page - you may want to give it a read.

There are lots of other things that can be done besides ice and IB - how long have you had it?

BelleL on 5/07/01 at hrmin (046924)

Thanks for answering. I had an MRI done this morning to confirm my condition. I haven't heard the results yet. I have been suffering with this since February. It just came on quite suddenly. I read the FAQs and am willing to try anything before surgery. I had knee surgery in 1999 and am still suffering from that. it was on the other leg, and so I am hobbling from one leg to the other.
Thanks again,
BL