Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i need your help: PF and massage

Posted by nicole on 5/06/01 at hrmin (046811)

I have been suffering from plantar fasciitis over the last 3.5 months in both feet. i was not informed about the appropriate treatment at the beginning, and so things kept getting worse (and as a result i have started to develop heel spurs). i took the steroids injectionlately, but it did not help. the pain was mainly in the heel. i went to a chiropractor who told me to give a ball massage to the foot, especially the arch, in order to strenghthen the arch muscles. before i started the massage, there was a little bit of stiffness in the arch muscles, but it was not painful. once i started the massage, i felt like a bruise in my arch, and it was very painful. i kept on doing the massage, and after 4 or 5 days, the bruise-like pain got better , but it came out in two newr spots of the arch (the midline of the arch). i don't know what to do, is the massage harmful? should i stop it? or should i continue? and why are these bruise-like spots happening?
PLEASE respond to this message. i am in such a pain, and i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me. thank you very much.

Re: i need your help: PF and massage

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/06/01 at 20:11 (046831)

Hi,

I would stop the ball excercises at this point and time. Go to non-weight bearing excercises such as the personal foot trainer . It appears that the ball massage in causing you more foot pain. What other tyes of treatment are you using. Taping may be a very excellent form of treatment for you.

Give up some more detail about your complete pf relieve program.

Re: i need your help: PF and massage

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/06/01 at 20:11 (046831)

Hi,

I would stop the ball excercises at this point and time. Go to non-weight bearing excercises such as the personal foot trainer . It appears that the ball massage in causing you more foot pain. What other tyes of treatment are you using. Taping may be a very excellent form of treatment for you.

Give up some more detail about your complete pf relieve program.