Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

There is hope...

Posted by Stephanie S. on 5/06/01 at 18:23 (046822)

Just checking in..haven't been on in quite a while. Guess Scott was right....once your pain-free..you tend to not be on as often. Wanted to let everyone know...I've been doing well...I've been pain-free for nearly 6 months. It took me a year and a half to recover from this...there is hope. My night-splints, vioxx, nightly foot massages from hubby, stretching...and most of all....new carpet with extra thick padding really helped.

I still live in my Birkenstock's..watch 'how' I'm squatting over cleaning..taking every precaution I know to take...to help me stay pain free. I know that I will always have the tendency to slip back into it.

I remember a time when I thought I'd never walk without having to limp or hobble along. I remember getting out of the bed and trying desperatly to not slam into the dresser. I remember the 'hiking boots' I had to sleep in....and the painful shots I took.

I met a lady at the ballpark the other day, who was hobbling along just like I had many times before. She told me she had PF...wow..that was really opening up a can of worms with me. We talked and talked about it. I shared what had helped me and told her about heelspurs.com. Hopefully she will meet with you all.

One day..hopefully soon..you all will be sitting where I am today.

Stephanie S.

Re: There is hope...

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 20:36 (046835)

Stephanie -- Thanks so much. We all need encouragement & yours is greatly appreciated. Congratulations & keep up the good work!

Julie on 5/07/01 at 03:31 (046855)

Thank you, Stephanie. Messages from people like yourself who have got better and got on with their lives are really helpful - they do give hope and encouragement.

I'm glad you made the point about continuing to take precautions. There's so much that can 'go wrong' with the human body, and once a weakness shows itself, it doesn't just 'go away' when the pain goes away. I too, although almost entirely better, do not consider myself 'cured' and am prepared to be vigilant forever.

Do look in now and then - having 'been through it' you have so much to offer to others.

All the best, Julie

john h on 5/07/01 at 10:10 (046885)

stephanie: i was wondering about you the other day and am pleased you are doing so well. still look at your picture with all of the heelspur remedies around you.

Stephanie S. on 5/07/01 at 16:27 (046946)

John....I still 'see' you on-line here and there. One of these days...I'm just going to pop in and see what your up to. Haha...Doing well...I know...the foot stuff at Scott's house...geez....and he's got ALL of it. I take it you've been doing well...Stephanie S.

Cynthia D on 5/08/01 at 07:03 (047010)

Glad to hear that you are all better, we 'newbies' wondered what happened to the people who used to be so active here. We all hope to 'be in your shoes' soon. Thanks for telling us how you are, and best wishes to stay healthy!

john h on 5/08/01 at 15:08 (047065)

pop on in when you see the instant messanger. always enjoy chatting.

Steve P on 5/06/01 at 20:36 (046835)

Stephanie -- Thanks so much. We all need encouragement & yours is greatly appreciated. Congratulations & keep up the good work!

Julie on 5/07/01 at 03:31 (046855)

Thank you, Stephanie. Messages from people like yourself who have got better and got on with their lives are really helpful - they do give hope and encouragement.

I'm glad you made the point about continuing to take precautions. There's so much that can 'go wrong' with the human body, and once a weakness shows itself, it doesn't just 'go away' when the pain goes away. I too, although almost entirely better, do not consider myself 'cured' and am prepared to be vigilant forever.

Do look in now and then - having 'been through it' you have so much to offer to others.

All the best, Julie

john h on 5/07/01 at 10:10 (046885)

stephanie: i was wondering about you the other day and am pleased you are doing so well. still look at your picture with all of the heelspur remedies around you.

Stephanie S. on 5/07/01 at 16:27 (046946)

John....I still 'see' you on-line here and there. One of these days...I'm just going to pop in and see what your up to. Haha...Doing well...I know...the foot stuff at Scott's house...geez....and he's got ALL of it. I take it you've been doing well...Stephanie S.

Cynthia D on 5/08/01 at 07:03 (047010)

Glad to hear that you are all better, we 'newbies' wondered what happened to the people who used to be so active here. We all hope to 'be in your shoes' soon. Thanks for telling us how you are, and best wishes to stay healthy!

john h on 5/08/01 at 15:08 (047065)

pop on in when you see the instant messanger. always enjoy chatting.