Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Needing reassurance...

Posted by linda h on 5/07/01 at 16:46 (046949)

Just needing some reassurance that this pain in my foot is normal. It feels like sharp needles sticking in where my incision is. Very very sharp pains! Hope this is normal. My foot gets very hot also. My Dr. said it's because he had to move the nerves around and it's ok. Hope he's right. My foot looks good. I've had minimal swelling and no redness at all. Still numb at the bottom of my incision. Hope that clears up soon to. Anyone with the same?? linda

Re: Hi/ let me put to use what I have been taught

Tammie on 5/07/01 at 17:21 (046955)

Linda,
I have been visiting here for a bit over a month now, and I have learned a great deal! One of the things they have taught me here is that If we have pain that is bothering us or upseting us in any way, we should listen to our bodies! To me that is foreign and I have to figure that out myself. So this is what I have learned from my friends here and am anxious to pass it on! If in doubt call your Dr. he or she is there for your concerns and questions after your surgery!! If nothing else it will ease your mind some so that your body can continue the healing process,I hope I am saying this right, as not being a Dr. or knowing your case we can only guess.

Now from a friends own expierance with post op I will be 3 weeks tomorrow, I have had no incision discomfort except in begining a bit of oozing and such but my incision was very small and on the outside of the ankle. I do have the hot foot tho, feels like a hot bed under the skin deep inside? Above heel area into the arch area for me. Along with the sharp pains and electrical shock like tingling feelings. My Dr. to is hoping that it is from swelling and heeling process. So I am hoping also that this is normal feelings. And I came here looking for answers many times lol and they always try to answer but always tell me to Listen to body and call my Dr. lol. Good advice I am sure! They always say rest and elevate and to take it slow as it takes time for the feet to heal, me I am still learning myself.

I hope I have said this in a good way as I really want to make u feel better, as it is very scary after hurting so long and finally going thru a surgery that is very controversial anyways. I think it makes u more scared and wary of any new pains or the old one not subsiding. As we know it might or might not work. We have read few with + results and some with very - results. I am sure others here will give u even better advice as they are much more knowledgable!!!!! I am still in learning lol. I read some of your posts and I felt like I was hearing my own voice ,needing a pat and a reassuring voice saying it is ok and every thing will be fine, I cannot say as I do not know but I hope my caring makes u feel a little bit better anyways. Cause I do care about you so I am sending u a hug!!!!!! I hope I said this with grace lol as sometimes my words dont come out in the way I mean them to lol .

Re: Hi/ let me put to use what I have been taught

Tammie on 5/07/01 at 17:21 (046955)

Linda,
I have been visiting here for a bit over a month now, and I have learned a great deal! One of the things they have taught me here is that If we have pain that is bothering us or upseting us in any way, we should listen to our bodies! To me that is foreign and I have to figure that out myself. So this is what I have learned from my friends here and am anxious to pass it on! If in doubt call your Dr. he or she is there for your concerns and questions after your surgery!! If nothing else it will ease your mind some so that your body can continue the healing process,I hope I am saying this right, as not being a Dr. or knowing your case we can only guess.

Now from a friends own expierance with post op I will be 3 weeks tomorrow, I have had no incision discomfort except in begining a bit of oozing and such but my incision was very small and on the outside of the ankle. I do have the hot foot tho, feels like a hot bed under the skin deep inside? Above heel area into the arch area for me. Along with the sharp pains and electrical shock like tingling feelings. My Dr. to is hoping that it is from swelling and heeling process. So I am hoping also that this is normal feelings. And I came here looking for answers many times lol and they always try to answer but always tell me to Listen to body and call my Dr. lol. Good advice I am sure! They always say rest and elevate and to take it slow as it takes time for the feet to heal, me I am still learning myself.

I hope I have said this in a good way as I really want to make u feel better, as it is very scary after hurting so long and finally going thru a surgery that is very controversial anyways. I think it makes u more scared and wary of any new pains or the old one not subsiding. As we know it might or might not work. We have read few with + results and some with very - results. I am sure others here will give u even better advice as they are much more knowledgable!!!!! I am still in learning lol. I read some of your posts and I felt like I was hearing my own voice ,needing a pat and a reassuring voice saying it is ok and every thing will be fine, I cannot say as I do not know but I hope my caring makes u feel a little bit better anyways. Cause I do care about you so I am sending u a hug!!!!!! I hope I said this with grace lol as sometimes my words dont come out in the way I mean them to lol .