Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthotics

Posted by Sherrie M. on 5/08/01 at 11:07 (047035)

Hi Richard, Can you have an othotic made that is good of pf and achilles tendonitis? Maybe not if you are talking about this Drew shoe with Beverly. Where can you get Drew's? Do they have a website? Maybe I need a pair my achilles is hurting in both feet! Sherrie

Re: Orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 5/08/01 at 12:32 (047047)

Hi Sherrie,
Yes, an orthosis can be made for both. With the PF, you want to support the plantar fascia. With AT, you could use a slight heel lift to relieve the stress of the achilles.

with shoes, you want to make sure to look for an achilles notch. This is a 'u' cut out of the heel collar which reduces the pressure on the achilles while walking.

I am not sure if Drew has a specific web site now or not. When I last did a search, it brought me to different companiens that carried Drew shoes.

Re: Orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 5/08/01 at 12:32 (047047)

Hi Sherrie,
Yes, an orthosis can be made for both. With the PF, you want to support the plantar fascia. With AT, you could use a slight heel lift to relieve the stress of the achilles.

with shoes, you want to make sure to look for an achilles notch. This is a 'u' cut out of the heel collar which reduces the pressure on the achilles while walking.

I am not sure if Drew has a specific web site now or not. When I last did a search, it brought me to different companiens that carried Drew shoes.