Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Futuro support- Good for achilles tendonitis?

Posted by Sherrie M. on 5/08/01 at 11:10 (047036)

Dr.Z, Can I try the futuro support for this achilles tendonitis, it is killing me in both ankles now. Would that be ok? Sherrie

Re: Futuro support- Good for achilles tendonitis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/08/01 at 11:12 (047038)

Sure. May not beable to wear them all day but give them a try for about 4-5 hours per day. Hot soak can help you

Re: Question for Sherrie

Beverly on 5/08/01 at 17:37 (047079)

Sherrie,

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the AT. I developed that recently ontop of the PF. As you probably know, I'm just a patient... not a medical person.
I'm curious if you are having any trouble stretching with the AT? I'm wondering if I'm just 'special' or if other PF/AT people feel pain in stretching. At the moment, I'm taking a break from it. And I am someone who stretched everyday for nine months until this AT popped up last month.
I'm hoping I can resume stretching soon because I am much worse in the PF without it.

Also, do you have any idea what brought on the AT?
Thanks and hope you feel better soon,
Beverly

Re: Question for Sherrie- pain from stretching

niels l on 5/10/01 at 04:24 (047294)

Hi

I also get pain when streching . no mater how i strech it hurts on the back and rim of my heel and my foot pain gets worse

The back of my heel also often hurt when just touching a surface, eg when lying in bed. when i drive car the back and rim of my heel of the speeder foot also starts to hurt immediately.

I am beginnig to realize that i might also suffer from AT.

I believe that you should stop stretching as long as it hurts, but that is just a guess.

niels l on 5/10/01 at 04:26 (047295)

hi

Please explain what 'futuro support' is

Julie on 5/10/01 at 04:29 (047296)

Niels, the Futuro ankle support is an elastic 'sock' with a hole for the heel. It elasticity supports the arch as well as the ankle. I believe you can buy it in pharmacies and sports stores.

Re: For Beverly

Sherrie M. on 5/10/01 at 12:49 (047352)

Hi Beverly, When I started pt after my second ESWT treatment I noticed when I got home that the back of my ankle started hurting. The foot was so stiff that just a little movement started the at up. The pt started putting heat on it before therapy and told me to wear heel inserts under my PowerSteps. He called them heel lifts and he also gave me the silicone heel cups, but all of that together was too much. Anyway it is helping! I too have stopped stretching for a while, the at is in both ankles now, and the pf is really bad in the left foot that isn't getting the ESWT treatment so now I am starting to consider treatment in that one. I was hoping to see how the right foot progressed before I started doing it in the left, but now I am in real bad pain in the left also and I know I made it bad because I lean on it all the time!Sorry for the delay in anwering you I just decided to take a break from the board, but it is hard to do because I know I am addicted. Hope we are feeling better soon.Talk to you soon. Sherrie

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/08/01 at 11:12 (047038)

Sure. May not beable to wear them all day but give them a try for about 4-5 hours per day. Hot soak can help you

Re: Question for Sherrie

Beverly on 5/08/01 at 17:37 (047079)

Sherrie,

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the AT. I developed that recently ontop of the PF. As you probably know, I'm just a patient... not a medical person.
I'm curious if you are having any trouble stretching with the AT? I'm wondering if I'm just 'special' or if other PF/AT people feel pain in stretching. At the moment, I'm taking a break from it. And I am someone who stretched everyday for nine months until this AT popped up last month.
I'm hoping I can resume stretching soon because I am much worse in the PF without it.

Also, do you have any idea what brought on the AT?
Thanks and hope you feel better soon,
Beverly

Re: Question for Sherrie- pain from stretching

niels l on 5/10/01 at 04:24 (047294)

Hi

I also get pain when streching . no mater how i strech it hurts on the back and rim of my heel and my foot pain gets worse

The back of my heel also often hurt when just touching a surface, eg when lying in bed. when i drive car the back and rim of my heel of the speeder foot also starts to hurt immediately.

I am beginnig to realize that i might also suffer from AT.

I believe that you should stop stretching as long as it hurts, but that is just a guess.

niels l on 5/10/01 at 04:26 (047295)

hi

Please explain what 'futuro support' is

Julie on 5/10/01 at 04:29 (047296)

Niels, the Futuro ankle support is an elastic 'sock' with a hole for the heel. It elasticity supports the arch as well as the ankle. I believe you can buy it in pharmacies and sports stores.

Re: For Beverly

Sherrie M. on 5/10/01 at 12:49 (047352)

Hi Beverly, When I started pt after my second ESWT treatment I noticed when I got home that the back of my ankle started hurting. The foot was so stiff that just a little movement started the at up. The pt started putting heat on it before therapy and told me to wear heel inserts under my PowerSteps. He called them heel lifts and he also gave me the silicone heel cups, but all of that together was too much. Anyway it is helping! I too have stopped stretching for a while, the at is in both ankles now, and the pf is really bad in the left foot that isn't getting the ESWT treatment so now I am starting to consider treatment in that one. I was hoping to see how the right foot progressed before I started doing it in the left, but now I am in real bad pain in the left also and I know I made it bad because I lean on it all the time!Sorry for the delay in anwering you I just decided to take a break from the board, but it is hard to do because I know I am addicted. Hope we are feeling better soon.Talk to you soon. Sherrie