Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur surgery

Posted by sherry R on 5/08/01 at 14:33 (047062)

Hi,
I am 5 weeks heel spur surgery post op. I have been having trouble walking and my foot makes a popping noise when I try to stand up after sitting for awhile. Is this normal and when will I be able to walk normal again. I wasn't told any of this before my surgery, My whole foot feels like it is 'frozen' when i am off of it for awhile and it takes awhile to get it moving again. Please help.

Re: heel spur surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/08/01 at 15:35 (047068)

Hi,

With any type of heel spur operation it can take months of healing and fo the foot to adjust. Have you discussed this with your doctor. Physical therapy maybe just the right presciption for your foot. It sounds like the muschles and tendon are being overused. Don't put this off. Contact your doctor asap

Re: heel spur surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/08/01 at 15:35 (047068)

Hi,

With any type of heel spur operation it can take months of healing and fo the foot to adjust. Have you discussed this with your doctor. Physical therapy maybe just the right presciption for your foot. It sounds like the muschles and tendon are being overused. Don't put this off. Contact your doctor asap