Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Taping

Posted by Brandy T on 5/08/01 at 23:23 (047109)

I finally went to a podiatrist because my regular doctor just dismissed me. I was so disappointed when he taped my feet. I walked out of there thinking it was stupid. I cannot believe how much it has helped. It was on for 7 days. Then I went back and he re taped. I am now pain free. I cannot believe it! I can walk my dog again without pain. I just never go barefoot and put on my athletic shoes as soon as I get up. In my other shoes I wear heel guards. I am very happy!

Re: Taping

Laurie R on 5/08/01 at 23:35 (047110)

Brandy this is wonderful... Just take it easy .How long have you had PF for?? Laurie R

Julie on 5/09/01 at 01:54 (047119)

Hi Brandy

Taping, for many people, is the best possible treatment for PF, because it rests the fascia and therefore contributes to healing, not just to pain relief.

You can apply tape yourself. Read the heel pain book, and in Part 2 you will find instructions for several different techniques. The first and simplest works as well for me as the complex wrapping my pod did for me months ago. You can remove it every night and reapply it ever morning, and you won't be spending a fortune on tape. And you'll be letting your skin breathe.

Try it, and if you have any problems, just ask and I'll try to help.

All the best, Julie

JudyS on 5/09/01 at 09:28 (047140)

Brandy this is such a wonderful thing for you! Now stay smart, OK? Keep taping for a while yet and be absolutely sure not to overdo, go barefoot, etc. for another month or two until you are very certain the soreness is coompletely gone. You might want to introduce a little mild, consistent stretching also in order to help make sure the PF stays away.
I sure like your kind of success story!

Laurie R on 5/08/01 at 23:35 (047110)

Brandy this is wonderful... Just take it easy .How long have you had PF for?? Laurie R

Julie on 5/09/01 at 01:54 (047119)

Hi Brandy

Taping, for many people, is the best possible treatment for PF, because it rests the fascia and therefore contributes to healing, not just to pain relief.

You can apply tape yourself. Read the heel pain book, and in Part 2 you will find instructions for several different techniques. The first and simplest works as well for me as the complex wrapping my pod did for me months ago. You can remove it every night and reapply it ever morning, and you won't be spending a fortune on tape. And you'll be letting your skin breathe.

Try it, and if you have any problems, just ask and I'll try to help.

All the best, Julie

JudyS on 5/09/01 at 09:28 (047140)

Brandy this is such a wonderful thing for you! Now stay smart, OK? Keep taping for a while yet and be absolutely sure not to overdo, go barefoot, etc. for another month or two until you are very certain the soreness is coompletely gone. You might want to introduce a little mild, consistent stretching also in order to help make sure the PF stays away.
I sure like your kind of success story!