Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is the link for the German Birkenstock website?

Posted by Lisa C. on 5/09/01 at 02:46 (047121)

I have seen references to this site and I was hoping it might be cheaper. Thank you for your help!

Re: What is the link for the German Birkenstock website?

Julie on 5/09/01 at 06:20 (047124)

Lisa, the link is http://www.birkenstock-cn.com . Their prices are low: about half the retail prices. But make sure you are fitted properly first, by a fitter who knows what he or she is doing, and that you also know the style(s) that you like and that suit you. It's not a good idea to buy them from the site otherwise: you would find it difficult to return them if they weren't right.

bg cped on 5/09/01 at 06:58 (047125)

Out of courtesy i would suggest that you perhaps purchase the first pair from the person if they spent alot of time fitting you and trying them on. I know price is important but if that person spends a fair amount of time with you when you dont intend to buy from them going in, at least tell them before they start. For some strange reason I have had several folks come in lately and try several on, ask lots of questions, then say something like well I may be back.

One actually had a few pages he downloaded from the net from a birk site, spent 1/2 hour with him. I dont intend to sound picky about this, just presenting a view. I may drop Birkenstock, I have a real problem when a company wants to be a retailer and a wholesaler, especially when they undercut cost. Then direct customers with problems to the retailer to fix it.

john a on 5/09/01 at 08:50 (047136)

Speaking of Birks, has anyone ever called a birk seller and taken them to task for their inaccurate size chart? I wear a US 9 men's shoe, which if I am to believe the birk size chart in their catalog, means I take a 41 or even a 42. But, a 42 is just ridiculously too big, and a 41 is still too big. A 40 is apparently my birk size. I believe others here have said that their true birk size is also 1 or two sizes less than what the typical chart says it should be. The question is why do they still have the inaccurate chart?

john h on 5/09/01 at 09:38 (047145)

bg cped: i understand your dismay about being used. i bought several pair of birks from my local dealer before i found the german site. i would speculate that not 1% of birks sold in the U.S. are through the german web site. my birk dealer charged $99 for the Airizona a year or so ago. Just For Feet was carring them at $50 at that time but did not have but a couple of Birk styles. The Airizona on the German sit is around $40 Eurodollars ($38 US). A lot of people really struggle to make ends meet so i understand your point and i understand theirs. I did not know you retailed Birks.

john h on 5/09/01 at 09:42 (047146)

only way to really size the birk it to try them on. and you nerds (judy s) who wear socks i assume try them on with your argyle socks on. actually judy i guess in southern california it would not be nerdy to wear socks. here in arkansas it is a little nerdy just to wear birinstocks. boots or barefoot is more fashionable.

Lisa C. on 5/09/01 at 13:41 (047193)

I agree that you are right. I have no problem buying a first pair from my local store. I planned to get the blue silk Birkenstock inserts and New Balance sneakers from the local store my ortho recommended as well. Business owners thank you for speaking up for them!

Lisa C. on 5/09/01 at 13:50 (047195)

John A. is right. I bought childrens size 27 Birkenstocks (Birkenstock translates this as 9-9&1/2) for my foster daughter who is wearing Stride Rite sneakers in size 9 &1/2. When she tried them on they were HUGE! Practically swim fins! Even a 26 is too big. So, yes they are at least 2 sizes off in their US size translation. My neice is very happy with her new Birkenstock sandals though.

Re: What is the link for the German Birkenstock website?/ John H?

Donna M. on 5/09/01 at 17:14 (047215)

John, I can't believe it is considered nerdy in Arkansas to wear Birks with socks!! I mean hey, I live in Alabama and it isn't even considered nerdy here!! You see people wearing them all kinds of ways here!! (Maybe then again it's considered a little more 'redneck' here than nerdy, but everybody still does it!!) LOL
Then again, we southerners have somewhat of a different dress code, little more relaxed I'd say!
Then again, you've also got a point about boots and barefoot! :)
Just had to add my 2 cents!!

john h on 5/10/01 at 11:15 (047342)

as i sit in front of my compter today in my office i have on bermuda shorts, a lands end knit shirt, and softbed airizona birks (without socks). after 25 years of wearing military uniforms with very strict standards i have rebelled although one night i did scramble in an F-94 in my shorts and t-shirt as one of my buddies had hidden my flight suit.

Julie on 5/11/01 at 02:07 (047414)

John, can we please have a full-body photo of you in your bermudas and birks for the Social Support board?

Julie on 5/09/01 at 06:20 (047124)

Lisa, the link is http://www.birkenstock-cn.com . Their prices are low: about half the retail prices. But make sure you are fitted properly first, by a fitter who knows what he or she is doing, and that you also know the style(s) that you like and that suit you. It's not a good idea to buy them from the site otherwise: you would find it difficult to return them if they weren't right.

bg cped on 5/09/01 at 06:58 (047125)

Out of courtesy i would suggest that you perhaps purchase the first pair from the person if they spent alot of time fitting you and trying them on. I know price is important but if that person spends a fair amount of time with you when you dont intend to buy from them going in, at least tell them before they start. For some strange reason I have had several folks come in lately and try several on, ask lots of questions, then say something like well I may be back.

One actually had a few pages he downloaded from the net from a birk site, spent 1/2 hour with him. I dont intend to sound picky about this, just presenting a view. I may drop Birkenstock, I have a real problem when a company wants to be a retailer and a wholesaler, especially when they undercut cost. Then direct customers with problems to the retailer to fix it.

john a on 5/09/01 at 08:50 (047136)

Speaking of Birks, has anyone ever called a birk seller and taken them to task for their inaccurate size chart? I wear a US 9 men's shoe, which if I am to believe the birk size chart in their catalog, means I take a 41 or even a 42. But, a 42 is just ridiculously too big, and a 41 is still too big. A 40 is apparently my birk size. I believe others here have said that their true birk size is also 1 or two sizes less than what the typical chart says it should be. The question is why do they still have the inaccurate chart?

john h on 5/09/01 at 09:38 (047145)

bg cped: i understand your dismay about being used. i bought several pair of birks from my local dealer before i found the german site. i would speculate that not 1% of birks sold in the U.S. are through the german web site. my birk dealer charged $99 for the Airizona a year or so ago. Just For Feet was carring them at $50 at that time but did not have but a couple of Birk styles. The Airizona on the German sit is around $40 Eurodollars ($38 US). A lot of people really struggle to make ends meet so i understand your point and i understand theirs. I did not know you retailed Birks.

john h on 5/09/01 at 09:42 (047146)

only way to really size the birk it to try them on. and you nerds (judy s) who wear socks i assume try them on with your argyle socks on. actually judy i guess in southern california it would not be nerdy to wear socks. here in arkansas it is a little nerdy just to wear birinstocks. boots or barefoot is more fashionable.

Lisa C. on 5/09/01 at 13:41 (047193)

I agree that you are right. I have no problem buying a first pair from my local store. I planned to get the blue silk Birkenstock inserts and New Balance sneakers from the local store my ortho recommended as well. Business owners thank you for speaking up for them!

Lisa C. on 5/09/01 at 13:50 (047195)

John A. is right. I bought childrens size 27 Birkenstocks (Birkenstock translates this as 9-9&1/2) for my foster daughter who is wearing Stride Rite sneakers in size 9 &1/2. When she tried them on they were HUGE! Practically swim fins! Even a 26 is too big. So, yes they are at least 2 sizes off in their US size translation. My neice is very happy with her new Birkenstock sandals though.

Donna M. on 5/09/01 at 17:14 (047215)

John, I can't believe it is considered nerdy in Arkansas to wear Birks with socks!! I mean hey, I live in Alabama and it isn't even considered nerdy here!! You see people wearing them all kinds of ways here!! (Maybe then again it's considered a little more 'redneck' here than nerdy, but everybody still does it!!) LOL
Then again, we southerners have somewhat of a different dress code, little more relaxed I'd say!
Then again, you've also got a point about boots and barefoot! :)
Just had to add my 2 cents!!

john h on 5/10/01 at 11:15 (047342)

as i sit in front of my compter today in my office i have on bermuda shorts, a lands end knit shirt, and softbed airizona birks (without socks). after 25 years of wearing military uniforms with very strict standards i have rebelled although one night i did scramble in an F-94 in my shorts and t-shirt as one of my buddies had hidden my flight suit.

Julie on 5/11/01 at 02:07 (047414)

John, can we please have a full-body photo of you in your bermudas and birks for the Social Support board?