Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 weeks post op

Posted by GinaC on 5/09/01 at 10:55 (047159)

I had a pf release, tarsal tunnel release, and spur removal on 3/15/01. I'm now fully weight-bearing but I do have pain across the bottom of the foot by the front of the heel/ down from the ankle, as well as minor inflammation in the same area, that increases if I'm on my feet too much during the day. I'm not experiencing any unusual nerve sensations in the foot. Saw the foot/ankle ortho doctor today and he feels that all that is left is for me to heal completely; he said it takes from 2 to 6 months to be fully healed. He advised to me stretch, to listen to the pain (don't overdo and get off my feet when I have pain), and to be patient. I was relieved to make it to this point with no complications and I hope that, in time, I will have little or no pain. I'm scheduled to go back for a recheck in 3 months. Now the hard part: being patient and listening to the pain.

Re: 8 weeks post op

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 12:32 (047182)

Very realistic and honest healing time frame with excellent advice. Good luck and healing as quickly as you body will allow you. Thanks for this very informative post

Re: 8 weeks post op

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 12:32 (047182)

Very realistic and honest healing time frame with excellent advice. Good luck and healing as quickly as you body will allow you. Thanks for this very informative post