Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great news for ESWT if you live in Alaska

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 14:59 (047202)

We have just ben informed by Dr. Wander that ESWT is being covered by Medicare in the state of Alaska. Lots of restriction.

Go figure Alaska. Well lets get on an cruise to Alaska and get treatments

Best part is that you can't wear shoes if is too cold in the winter so book for the summer if you must go without shoes.

Re: Dr. Z Great news for ESWT if you live in Alaska

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 17:18 (047216)

Dr. Z,
Sometimes I think you get your feathers ruffled when another doctor
corrects or adds information to the boards. I read Dr. Wander's post and I am not sure if you are informing or ridiculing. I thought other doctors were welcome to post too.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 17:41 (047221)

I think that it is really funny that ESWT is only in Alaska.

Re: Pauline?

wendyn on 5/09/01 at 17:47 (047223)

Pauline - you have to really stretch to think that is 'feather ruffling' - sounds like a sarcastic comment about Alaska - of all places to have insurance coverage. Don't you think it's bizarre that that seems to be the only place? If Dr Wander has a problem with Dr Z - they are big boys and they will take care of it themselves.

I think you need to spend less time reading thing into what Dr Z posts - if you are really concerned about him - take it off line into emails.

I am tired of reading it. It has no place on this board - and it is getting on my nerves. Yes - I've had enough.

Re: To Wendyn

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 18:27 (047234)

I appreciate your comment and will take it under advisement, but I didn't find the post humorous in light of the fact that Dr. Wander had just posted it minutes before on the other board. I felt he was making light of his posting. I'm very sure both doctors can take care of themselves only it appears one get more help than the others.

BrianJ on 5/09/01 at 18:33 (047236)

I agree with Wendyn 100%. I'm trying to learn how to get my feet better, not waste my time reading snippy emails! If it's something personal that has no chance of helping my feet get better, please don't post it on this board.

Re: Please

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 18:41 (047238)

In order to save time in chewing me out for everyone's sake why not just ditto and be done with it. It sure beats an on going thread. Does everyone really want to read all the other criticisms that will show up?
Lets assume you all agree with Wendyn and go on.

Re: FOUL #1 Pauline

Scott R on 5/09/01 at 19:16 (047243)

Pauline, this is the second time in recent memory I have had to complain about you trying to read something very negative into Dr. Z's posts in your extremely persistent desire to do him harm. I'm am very tired of having to deal with your attacks. Now I look over see you've attacked me by claiming Dr. Z gets more protection than other doctors. If you'd stop attacking, then maybe he would not need defending. I believe I have given you and another extreme leeway in the past in your relentless attacks on Dr. Z. You can bet if Dr. Z had control of the board no one would have ever seen those posts. Now I look again and you're already arguing with two people over your post. That's 6 pointless, useless posts as a result of your hatred for Dr. Z. Now I look AGAIN as I'm writing this, and you're saying stuff that doesn't sound very nice to someone who has stuff oozing out of a surgery wound.

Dr. Z said one non-foot pain sentence in his post that didn't make much sense and you chose to complain about that sentence and give it a very negative twist. I'm with wendyn and think that if Dr. Z and Dr. Wander have a disagreement then it's up to them as to how they proceed. They are professionals and I am fairly sure they will never get into discussions that harm the message board. They are here to help patients, and who knows, they might like to meet patients from here and even go so far as to accept money for services rendered at their office(s). In any event they are not here to attack other people or to start a fire. If one finds factual errors with the other's posts and says so, then it makes us all the better and more knowledgeable.

Email me if Dr. Z says something you don't like and I'll consider giving him a foul. You seem vindictive and extremely diligent to find anything wrong with anything he posts. That annoys people. They want to know if yuo're on someone's payroll. They're hear to read about foot pain. They don't want to see this other stuff. It causes damage to heelspurs.com in terms of lost computer programming and content generation time everytime i have to post this STUFF. Let's try to go a week without accusing or attacking anyone.

Respond to this in the social message board.

Re: To Scott FOUL #1 Pauline

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 19:52 (047248)

Scott,
I thought I was helping the poster with her surgical problem. I think you read more into what I wrote. I never meant her any harm. I hope she expects better care from her doctor and I want her to seek that care and not be timid about asking for it. So many times posters have not called their doctors back because they were afraid. Having an ozzing smelly wound for two weeks can't be pleasant and I don't think she was expecting that outcome. That is all that I was trying to point out and I personally don't think it was bad. Not everyone writes or explains things in the same fashion. Maybe you would have written it differently but I chose to express myself in this fashion and it was not meant to harm anyone only to tell her to expect more. She deserved it.

I do not hate Dr. Zuckerman, the word hate is in your mind not mine and I have no intention of arguing with anyone that is why I posted the ditto posting hoping to avoid the long string that would undoubtly follow. If you prefer I go through that string so be it, maybe its enjoyable and fun to see the various negative comments posted about me.

As far as people wanting to know if I am on anyone's payroll, you can tell them I am not. I am indepently wealthy inherited from family and I haven't worked a day in my life. I was educated at the finest school money can buy and I assure you I do not work or would I consider working
for any of those companies or anyone involved with your site. I spend a lot of time with non-profit organizations and I do not consider it work. It's a pleasure.

So chew me up and spit me out, but my head and heart are in the right place. You can't even begin to imagine what has be done for others and I don't talk about it. If my heart is in the wrong place God will be my judge and I think I'm doing just fine.

P.S. This is not an explaination not an argument.

wendyn on 5/09/01 at 22:46 (047273)

At the risk of getting my wrist slapped from Scott...(I have stayed out of this mess for the most part - but this is getting ridiculous)

I AM NOT interested in helping any doctor here. They are old enough to help themselves if they have a problem. Since they don't suffer from foot pain - I don't need to offer them any support whatsoever.

We are all grown ups.

I AM interested in helping people here who come looking for advice or answers. I spend a lot of time and energy researching answer for people or giving them support. I do it because I think it's important - and I want to give back for the support that was offered to me.

I AM tired of of nit picky posts that infer all kinds of meaning and hidden agendas in other peoples posts.

We all can read - that is why we are here. We do not need other people to decide what a post does or does not imply.

I will decide for myself if a post is humourous or not. I do not need any one to do it for me.

I think that this nonsense has gone on long enough - and it is seriously detracting from what this board is for.

If anyone has a personal issue with a doctor or anyone else here - I would prefer if they would 'take it outside'.

Re: Pauline: it's time you listened to what people are saying to you

Julie on 5/10/01 at 06:22 (047300)

I too am weary of the tone of your posts, especially those to Dr Zuckerman. I have been following your remarks on the board for a long time and have only once, some time ago, commented on one. But I have often found them disturbing.

I do think Scott has been very lenient with you. I know I risk getting a foul myself, but I am going to say now that to me, the posts in question (and many in the past) sound snide, vindictive, and sanctimonious. I don't know why, and I don't care. But I wish that you would stop, for the sake of everyone who values this website.

I am writing this now because of the chutzpah of your 'Please' post. It is not for you to tell us what to say, or to ask us to assume that we all agree with Wendy. I do agree with Wendy, as I imagine many others do, and I am saying so.

And I would ask you not to hide behind God, and behind your claim that your heart is in the right place. I'm not questioning that, but if it is, please try, in future, to get your words to match the goodness in your heart. Please think about the things you have said and the attacks you have made, and especially about your attitude to Dr Z, and do not so blithely dismiss what people are saying to you. No-one is always right, and you are no exception.

Re: You're right on the mark, Julie. Think about it, Pauline. eom

Steve P on 5/10/01 at 10:20 (047329)

Cynthia D on 5/10/01 at 13:33 (047361)

Exactly, Julie. Well said. Especially the quote 'please try, in future, to get your words to match the goodness in your heart'.

Pauline, I value your contributions when you do have something helpful and informative to say. You have helped many suffers here. I think that's why we all hang around here sometimes because it is rewarding to help others, as you have discovered in your life. Let's just stay on that tract from now on, what you have to say does have value, it's just that we are all getting kind of bored and it wastes our time when someone, anyone here gets negative things said that don't serve any purpose. Let's just help each other heal, and help others who come here get healed. Please?

Re: Great news for ESWT if you live in Alaska

John V on 5/10/01 at 15:05 (047370)

I had not reviewed this message board in some time--the first thing on it today concerns ESWT in my home state of Alaska. It may be good to know that you could get ESWT paid for, but does anyone know whether you can get ESWT performed anywhere in Alaska?? Incidentally, the unaccustomed level of ill tempered sniping on this board, while initially entertaining, could quickly get tiresome.

Jes on 6/01/01 at 10:31 (049576)

At the Healthsouth facility in Anchorage.

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 17:18 (047216)

Dr. Z,
Sometimes I think you get your feathers ruffled when another doctor
corrects or adds information to the boards. I read Dr. Wander's post and I am not sure if you are informing or ridiculing. I thought other doctors were welcome to post too.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 17:41 (047221)

I think that it is really funny that ESWT is only in Alaska.

wendyn on 5/09/01 at 17:47 (047223)

Pauline - you have to really stretch to think that is 'feather ruffling' - sounds like a sarcastic comment about Alaska - of all places to have insurance coverage. Don't you think it's bizarre that that seems to be the only place? If Dr Wander has a problem with Dr Z - they are big boys and they will take care of it themselves.

I think you need to spend less time reading thing into what Dr Z posts - if you are really concerned about him - take it off line into emails.

I am tired of reading it. It has no place on this board - and it is getting on my nerves. Yes - I've had enough.

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 18:27 (047234)

I appreciate your comment and will take it under advisement, but I didn't find the post humorous in light of the fact that Dr. Wander had just posted it minutes before on the other board. I felt he was making light of his posting. I'm very sure both doctors can take care of themselves only it appears one get more help than the others.

BrianJ on 5/09/01 at 18:33 (047236)

I agree with Wendyn 100%. I'm trying to learn how to get my feet better, not waste my time reading snippy emails! If it's something personal that has no chance of helping my feet get better, please don't post it on this board.

Re: Please

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 18:41 (047238)

In order to save time in chewing me out for everyone's sake why not just ditto and be done with it. It sure beats an on going thread. Does everyone really want to read all the other criticisms that will show up?
Lets assume you all agree with Wendyn and go on.

Re: FOUL #1 Pauline

Scott R on 5/09/01 at 19:16 (047243)

Pauline, this is the second time in recent memory I have had to complain about you trying to read something very negative into Dr. Z's posts in your extremely persistent desire to do him harm. I'm am very tired of having to deal with your attacks. Now I look over see you've attacked me by claiming Dr. Z gets more protection than other doctors. If you'd stop attacking, then maybe he would not need defending. I believe I have given you and another extreme leeway in the past in your relentless attacks on Dr. Z. You can bet if Dr. Z had control of the board no one would have ever seen those posts. Now I look again and you're already arguing with two people over your post. That's 6 pointless, useless posts as a result of your hatred for Dr. Z. Now I look AGAIN as I'm writing this, and you're saying stuff that doesn't sound very nice to someone who has stuff oozing out of a surgery wound.

Dr. Z said one non-foot pain sentence in his post that didn't make much sense and you chose to complain about that sentence and give it a very negative twist. I'm with wendyn and think that if Dr. Z and Dr. Wander have a disagreement then it's up to them as to how they proceed. They are professionals and I am fairly sure they will never get into discussions that harm the message board. They are here to help patients, and who knows, they might like to meet patients from here and even go so far as to accept money for services rendered at their office(s). In any event they are not here to attack other people or to start a fire. If one finds factual errors with the other's posts and says so, then it makes us all the better and more knowledgeable.

Email me if Dr. Z says something you don't like and I'll consider giving him a foul. You seem vindictive and extremely diligent to find anything wrong with anything he posts. That annoys people. They want to know if yuo're on someone's payroll. They're hear to read about foot pain. They don't want to see this other stuff. It causes damage to heelspurs.com in terms of lost computer programming and content generation time everytime i have to post this STUFF. Let's try to go a week without accusing or attacking anyone.

Respond to this in the social message board.

Re: To Scott FOUL #1 Pauline

Pauline on 5/09/01 at 19:52 (047248)

Scott,
I thought I was helping the poster with her surgical problem. I think you read more into what I wrote. I never meant her any harm. I hope she expects better care from her doctor and I want her to seek that care and not be timid about asking for it. So many times posters have not called their doctors back because they were afraid. Having an ozzing smelly wound for two weeks can't be pleasant and I don't think she was expecting that outcome. That is all that I was trying to point out and I personally don't think it was bad. Not everyone writes or explains things in the same fashion. Maybe you would have written it differently but I chose to express myself in this fashion and it was not meant to harm anyone only to tell her to expect more. She deserved it.

I do not hate Dr. Zuckerman, the word hate is in your mind not mine and I have no intention of arguing with anyone that is why I posted the ditto posting hoping to avoid the long string that would undoubtly follow. If you prefer I go through that string so be it, maybe its enjoyable and fun to see the various negative comments posted about me.

As far as people wanting to know if I am on anyone's payroll, you can tell them I am not. I am indepently wealthy inherited from family and I haven't worked a day in my life. I was educated at the finest school money can buy and I assure you I do not work or would I consider working
for any of those companies or anyone involved with your site. I spend a lot of time with non-profit organizations and I do not consider it work. It's a pleasure.

So chew me up and spit me out, but my head and heart are in the right place. You can't even begin to imagine what has be done for others and I don't talk about it. If my heart is in the wrong place God will be my judge and I think I'm doing just fine.

P.S. This is not an explaination not an argument.

wendyn on 5/09/01 at 22:46 (047273)

At the risk of getting my wrist slapped from Scott...(I have stayed out of this mess for the most part - but this is getting ridiculous)

I AM NOT interested in helping any doctor here. They are old enough to help themselves if they have a problem. Since they don't suffer from foot pain - I don't need to offer them any support whatsoever.

We are all grown ups.

I AM interested in helping people here who come looking for advice or answers. I spend a lot of time and energy researching answer for people or giving them support. I do it because I think it's important - and I want to give back for the support that was offered to me.

I AM tired of of nit picky posts that infer all kinds of meaning and hidden agendas in other peoples posts.

We all can read - that is why we are here. We do not need other people to decide what a post does or does not imply.

I will decide for myself if a post is humourous or not. I do not need any one to do it for me.

I think that this nonsense has gone on long enough - and it is seriously detracting from what this board is for.

If anyone has a personal issue with a doctor or anyone else here - I would prefer if they would 'take it outside'.

Julie on 5/10/01 at 06:22 (047300)

I too am weary of the tone of your posts, especially those to Dr Zuckerman. I have been following your remarks on the board for a long time and have only once, some time ago, commented on one. But I have often found them disturbing.

I do think Scott has been very lenient with you. I know I risk getting a foul myself, but I am going to say now that to me, the posts in question (and many in the past) sound snide, vindictive, and sanctimonious. I don't know why, and I don't care. But I wish that you would stop, for the sake of everyone who values this website.

I am writing this now because of the chutzpah of your 'Please' post. It is not for you to tell us what to say, or to ask us to assume that we all agree with Wendy. I do agree with Wendy, as I imagine many others do, and I am saying so.

And I would ask you not to hide behind God, and behind your claim that your heart is in the right place. I'm not questioning that, but if it is, please try, in future, to get your words to match the goodness in your heart. Please think about the things you have said and the attacks you have made, and especially about your attitude to Dr Z, and do not so blithely dismiss what people are saying to you. No-one is always right, and you are no exception.

Re: You're right on the mark, Julie. Think about it, Pauline. eom

Steve P on 5/10/01 at 10:20 (047329)

Cynthia D on 5/10/01 at 13:33 (047361)

Exactly, Julie. Well said. Especially the quote 'please try, in future, to get your words to match the goodness in your heart'.

Pauline, I value your contributions when you do have something helpful and informative to say. You have helped many suffers here. I think that's why we all hang around here sometimes because it is rewarding to help others, as you have discovered in your life. Let's just stay on that tract from now on, what you have to say does have value, it's just that we are all getting kind of bored and it wastes our time when someone, anyone here gets negative things said that don't serve any purpose. Let's just help each other heal, and help others who come here get healed. Please?

John V on 5/10/01 at 15:05 (047370)

I had not reviewed this message board in some time--the first thing on it today concerns ESWT in my home state of Alaska. It may be good to know that you could get ESWT paid for, but does anyone know whether you can get ESWT performed anywhere in Alaska?? Incidentally, the unaccustomed level of ill tempered sniping on this board, while initially entertaining, could quickly get tiresome.

Jes on 6/01/01 at 10:31 (049576)

At the Healthsouth facility in Anchorage.