Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just Diagnosed - Help!

Posted by Summer on 5/09/01 at 21:43 (047265)

I was just diagnosed with PF earlier today. My doctor perscribed Naproxen 500mg twice a day - which I took my first does this noontime. Now I'm having a gallstone attack for the first time since November 1999! Is this a coincidence or should I be worried?

Re: Just Diagnosed - Help!

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 21:50 (047266)

Could be related. Have you ever taken naproxen before. I would definitely stop the medication. Give your doc a call and see if he can switch you to something else.

jorge L on 5/09/01 at hrmin (047278)

How long does it take for the healing of heel spurs surgery?
After the surgery when can I go back to work?

BrianG on 5/10/01 at 10:51 (047333)

Hi Jorge,

There are many answers to your question. It can be a few days, to a few months. It all depends on how long you've had PF, what type of work you do, and what type of surgery you had done. What did your doc say?

BCG

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/01 at 21:50 (047266)

Could be related. Have you ever taken naproxen before. I would definitely stop the medication. Give your doc a call and see if he can switch you to something else.

jorge L on 5/09/01 at hrmin (047278)

How long does it take for the healing of heel spurs surgery?
After the surgery when can I go back to work?

BrianG on 5/10/01 at 10:51 (047333)

Hi Jorge,

There are many answers to your question. It can be a few days, to a few months. It all depends on how long you've had PF, what type of work you do, and what type of surgery you had done. What did your doc say?

BCG