Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I think I tore my ligament???

Posted by tdaddy on 5/10/01 at 01:55 (047285)

I have had pain in my heel for over 6 months. I recieved a cortisone shot about a month or two ago and my foots been feeling good. This evening I was out running and I heard a snap or a tear. What do I do? and Do I need surgery and is surgery the only cure?

Re: I think I tore my ligament???

Julie on 5/10/01 at 05:24 (047297)

One of the doctors will answer you, I'm sure, but meanwhile please read the heel pain book for information and advice. You shouldn't be running with heel pain, because it makes it worse. Rest is the key to healing, also good arch support. Never go barefoot. Try taping, and icing to reduce inflammation. Surgery is the last resort, and not only is it not the only cure, it is often unsuccessful, so please try everything else.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/10/01 at 10:21 (047330)

It is possible to rupture the plantar fascia after a steriod injection Get to the doctor , have an examination . Very important to determine if this is in fact what you have done.

Julie on 5/10/01 at 05:24 (047297)

One of the doctors will answer you, I'm sure, but meanwhile please read the heel pain book for information and advice. You shouldn't be running with heel pain, because it makes it worse. Rest is the key to healing, also good arch support. Never go barefoot. Try taping, and icing to reduce inflammation. Surgery is the last resort, and not only is it not the only cure, it is often unsuccessful, so please try everything else.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/10/01 at 10:21 (047330)

It is possible to rupture the plantar fascia after a steriod injection Get to the doctor , have an examination . Very important to determine if this is in fact what you have done.