Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Flat feet with PF??

Posted by Paula G. on 5/11/01 at hrmin (047540)

Here I am with yet another question. I have noticed for several weeks that my feet seem to be 'wider' but thought nothing of it. But, I noticed a couple days ago my feet are actually flatter! I have always had good normal arches. Now I can feel it when I walk too.
I could not use orthotics because they made my feet worse. Is it possible to get flat feet and what could be complications if I do?
I have done everything from cortisone shots to night splints to taping.
I had an MRI done about a month ago and was told it is normal that everything is normal??

Re: Flat feet with PF??

Dr Zuckerman on 5/12/01 at 06:05 (047563)

One of the reasons the feet (arch) can get flatter is due to a problem with the posterior tibial tendon. Talk to Richard about why the orthosis didn't help. With flat feet or pronated feet you should be able to wear and be fitted for orthosis

Re: Flat feet with PF??

Dr Zuckerman on 5/12/01 at 06:05 (047563)

One of the reasons the feet (arch) can get flatter is due to a problem with the posterior tibial tendon. Talk to Richard about why the orthosis didn't help. With flat feet or pronated feet you should be able to wear and be fitted for orthosis