Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A dance for Mother's Day

Posted by Kay S on 5/13/01 at 14:12 (047650)

Most of you know that one of the things I miss the most since I have been afflicted with pf these past five years is dancing. I mourn when we go to a wedding and I can't get up and dance with my husband (who, btw, is a great dancer!). When I have made the choice to dance anyway, I have paid for it dearly the next day/week/month. Then I start over with the cycle of pain, and tell myself I won't do it again.
My feet seemed pretty good today, though for me, good is relative. However, they weren't screaming at me after church and all that standing and up and down, so when I got home I got right into my orthotics and NB's and sat down to read the paper. My husband put a CD on, and it gave me 'dancing fever' I guess, because the next thing I know, here we are in our kitchen, dancing, and it made me SO HAPPY. Our daughter was making fun of us as she watched, but I know that inside she was probably pleased that her parents are actually still married..........to each other.......and they still have a 'thing' for each other.
In any case, during that dance, my feet didn't really hurt that bad, and even now they are okay. And I feel so good about our dance. If you have someone to dance with, I guess pf will never win.
Happy Mother's Day to all, and I hope your day is as special as mine has already been!
Kay

Re: A dance for Mother's Day

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/13/01 at 17:52 (047666)

Happy mother's day to you. So what was the song your husband and his bride
were dancing to . I can see you both dancing to Saturday Nite disco with John Travolta leading both of your all over the kitchen. Keep the hands moving and the feet still.

JudyS on 5/14/01 at 09:50 (047707)

Kay, I think your sentence 'If you have someone to dance with, I guess pf will never win' should go on Scott's 'PF quotes' list! What a great thought you shared.
I guess it was that kind of weekend because my husband and I went to the first free summer concert of the season the other night at a local mall. The group was classic rock and roll and there was no way I could stay away from slow dancing to 'Unchained Melody' and 'Fools Rush In' and the like! I usually have to wear high heels to dance with my husband because he's a good 10 inches taller than me but this time I had running shoes on so I had to do the 'tip-toe' thing. I was pretty sure I'd have to pay for it the following day but, like you, I just didn't care at the moment! And it turned out the price wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/13/01 at 17:52 (047666)

Happy mother's day to you. So what was the song your husband and his bride
were dancing to . I can see you both dancing to Saturday Nite disco with John Travolta leading both of your all over the kitchen. Keep the hands moving and the feet still.

JudyS on 5/14/01 at 09:50 (047707)

Kay, I think your sentence 'If you have someone to dance with, I guess pf will never win' should go on Scott's 'PF quotes' list! What a great thought you shared.
I guess it was that kind of weekend because my husband and I went to the first free summer concert of the season the other night at a local mall. The group was classic rock and roll and there was no way I could stay away from slow dancing to 'Unchained Melody' and 'Fools Rush In' and the like! I usually have to wear high heels to dance with my husband because he's a good 10 inches taller than me but this time I had running shoes on so I had to do the 'tip-toe' thing. I was pretty sure I'd have to pay for it the following day but, like you, I just didn't care at the moment! And it turned out the price wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.