Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alznner and Ultra Orthotics for Plantar Fascitis

Posted by Kate L on 5/14/01 at hrmin (047733)

Has anyone out there purchased any orthotics from SoleSoothers.com? If so what's your opinion of the orthotic you purchased the the service you received from them?

Re: Alznner and Ultra Orthotics for Plantar Fascitis

bg cped on 5/14/01 at 17:36 (047738)

The Alzner was discussed a few weeks ago. They are ok for a pre-fab non custom device. They are 3/4 with a mild heel cup and met support. The problem with the ones I have seen is they are sold by laymen at builder shows and expos. The few I have seen were done by having customer step on ink pad, they are then told they will customize them and mail them in a week.

The problem is they were over $200, and not custom (look on the bottom, they are metric size) I also had a patient that was sched for surg to repair a totally collapsed foot. The snake oil guy told her 'dont get the surgery, these will fix it, and any knee, back or hip pain you have.

They should be sold for about $29-$35 range. In my opinion even if they are lowered to $50 you are getting alot of smoke and mirrors . Sorry if this sounds too strong, but I am tired of people praying on foot pain sufferers. I would like a representative from Alzner to explain the cost justification of this device

Richard...take it away

Ricahrd, C.Ped on 5/15/01 at 08:00 (047781)

Brian,
You and I need to take a trip to the factory as 'tourists', then bombard them with questions. I think that would be fun. Just watch those smiles slowly dissapear.

Oh yeah, as to the original queston, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Nuff said.
:-)

Richard

Marty B on 5/15/01 at 08:06 (047783)

Does anyone have any good ideas on ways to help with the burning, numbness and tingling I have on the bottoms of my feet? I have custom orthodics and have been battling pf and cavus foot in both feet for about 4 years now. I have had 2 cortisone shots this year and hopefully I can talk my pod in giving me my last in a month or so. I know they are considered risky but they have given me a great deal of hope and relive,

-Marty

bg cped on 5/14/01 at 17:36 (047738)

The Alzner was discussed a few weeks ago. They are ok for a pre-fab non custom device. They are 3/4 with a mild heel cup and met support. The problem with the ones I have seen is they are sold by laymen at builder shows and expos. The few I have seen were done by having customer step on ink pad, they are then told they will customize them and mail them in a week.

The problem is they were over $200, and not custom (look on the bottom, they are metric size) I also had a patient that was sched for surg to repair a totally collapsed foot. The snake oil guy told her 'dont get the surgery, these will fix it, and any knee, back or hip pain you have.

They should be sold for about $29-$35 range. In my opinion even if they are lowered to $50 you are getting alot of smoke and mirrors . Sorry if this sounds too strong, but I am tired of people praying on foot pain sufferers. I would like a representative from Alzner to explain the cost justification of this device

Richard...take it away

Ricahrd, C.Ped on 5/15/01 at 08:00 (047781)

Brian,
You and I need to take a trip to the factory as 'tourists', then bombard them with questions. I think that would be fun. Just watch those smiles slowly dissapear.

Oh yeah, as to the original queston, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Nuff said.
:-)

Richard

Marty B on 5/15/01 at 08:06 (047783)

Does anyone have any good ideas on ways to help with the burning, numbness and tingling I have on the bottoms of my feet? I have custom orthodics and have been battling pf and cavus foot in both feet for about 4 years now. I have had 2 cortisone shots this year and hopefully I can talk my pod in giving me my last in a month or so. I know they are considered risky but they have given me a great deal of hope and relive,

-Marty