Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning, numbness and tingling

Posted by Marty B on 5/15/01 at 08:09 (047785)

Does anyone have any good ideas on ways to help with the burning, numbness and tingling I have on the bottoms of my feet? I have custom orthodics and have been battling pf and cavus foot in both feet for about 4 years now. I have had 2 cortisone shots this year and hopefully I can talk my pod in giving me my last in a month or so. I know they are considered risky but they have given me a great deal of hope and relive,

-Marty

Re: burning, numbness and tingling

CarolineKi on 5/15/01 at hrmin (047804)

Hello,
I can't help you, but do have a question to add to that. I feel the same feelings all the time.Your discription is exactly what I feel, along with sharp stabbing pain. In fact I have had that same numbness,burning, tingling, for about four years. I know its not normal, but how serious is that?
Caroline

Richard, C.Ped on 5/15/01 at 11:58 (047812)

Hi Marty,
Have you had those symptoms checked out by a doctor? I am very concerned about this.
Ricahrd

CarolineKi on 5/15/01 at 23:52 (047895)

uh.. yes. the only they did was take lots of x-rays and order custom insoles. I had a bad flare up last week, so I saw a new dr. who gave me celebrex. That seems to help, but I've always had the other stuff. Is it really bad?None of the other Doctors acted like it was a big deal ( or if they even cared) I didn't even find out until last week that I had PF and I saw a podiatrist in Dec. accck!

Marty B on 5/16/01 at 07:46 (047924)

Yes the same is exactly true in my case as well. I have had pf for about 4 years too! I have been to 3 pod's and my doc as well. None of them seem concerned by the symptoms at all.

The only thing that seems to help me is icing, infact I have them on ice right now.

-Marty

CarolineKi on 5/16/01 at 08:35 (047930)

see I thought maybe they were apathetic about my case because I dance. I know thats how the podiatrist was!the only thing he told me was that I had two things going against me, I had ugly narrow feet and I danced. Geee I'm paying you to tell me something I already know. I feel really bad saying all of this. My father is a doctor and I've always had respect for their profession. they do all of the dirty work for people ( including foot problems yuck!).

Re: To Caroline burning, numbness and tingling

Pauline on 5/16/01 at 09:01 (047935)

Hi Caroline,
It is my opinion PF is no big deal to physicians because for (1) they don't have it and (2) it is not an exciting disease no blood, no bones sticking through the skin, no real anything except the patient complaining about pain and (3) because they have found in most of the cases it goes away by itself if you wait long enough. Unfortunate but true.

My experience has been the burning, and tingling can be associated with the inflammation of the tendons or pf however since these symptoms can also be caused from other diseases they should be checked out by a doctor and the tests he will order. Hope you get an answer real soon.

Re: Does ANYONE care

Christy D on 5/17/01 at 11:38 (048093)

yes..it does seem like the doctors now a days have no compassion... I find that disturbing. They are not the ones that wake up EVERY single day trying to walk through the morning pain, then have your feet hurt all day and still try and live your life with your daily routine. Constant pain really takes it tole on a person and the doctor's just don't seem to care. The health care system, I've found to be getting worse and worse every day. I am on an HMO and to get referrals is like pulling teeth and it's a one - two week turn around for each referral. I find myself fighting with these people to rush these appointments. I keep telling them they are not the ones in pain!!! It's a very frustrating situation.

CarolineKi on 5/15/01 at hrmin (047804)

Hello,
I can't help you, but do have a question to add to that. I feel the same feelings all the time.Your discription is exactly what I feel, along with sharp stabbing pain. In fact I have had that same numbness,burning, tingling, for about four years. I know its not normal, but how serious is that?
Caroline

Richard, C.Ped on 5/15/01 at 11:58 (047812)

Hi Marty,
Have you had those symptoms checked out by a doctor? I am very concerned about this.
Ricahrd

CarolineKi on 5/15/01 at 23:52 (047895)

uh.. yes. the only they did was take lots of x-rays and order custom insoles. I had a bad flare up last week, so I saw a new dr. who gave me celebrex. That seems to help, but I've always had the other stuff. Is it really bad?None of the other Doctors acted like it was a big deal ( or if they even cared) I didn't even find out until last week that I had PF and I saw a podiatrist in Dec. accck!

Marty B on 5/16/01 at 07:46 (047924)

Yes the same is exactly true in my case as well. I have had pf for about 4 years too! I have been to 3 pod's and my doc as well. None of them seem concerned by the symptoms at all.

The only thing that seems to help me is icing, infact I have them on ice right now.

-Marty

CarolineKi on 5/16/01 at 08:35 (047930)

see I thought maybe they were apathetic about my case because I dance. I know thats how the podiatrist was!the only thing he told me was that I had two things going against me, I had ugly narrow feet and I danced. Geee I'm paying you to tell me something I already know. I feel really bad saying all of this. My father is a doctor and I've always had respect for their profession. they do all of the dirty work for people ( including foot problems yuck!).

Re: To Caroline burning, numbness and tingling

Pauline on 5/16/01 at 09:01 (047935)

Hi Caroline,
It is my opinion PF is no big deal to physicians because for (1) they don't have it and (2) it is not an exciting disease no blood, no bones sticking through the skin, no real anything except the patient complaining about pain and (3) because they have found in most of the cases it goes away by itself if you wait long enough. Unfortunate but true.

My experience has been the burning, and tingling can be associated with the inflammation of the tendons or pf however since these symptoms can also be caused from other diseases they should be checked out by a doctor and the tests he will order. Hope you get an answer real soon.

Re: Does ANYONE care

Christy D on 5/17/01 at 11:38 (048093)

yes..it does seem like the doctors now a days have no compassion... I find that disturbing. They are not the ones that wake up EVERY single day trying to walk through the morning pain, then have your feet hurt all day and still try and live your life with your daily routine. Constant pain really takes it tole on a person and the doctor's just don't seem to care. The health care system, I've found to be getting worse and worse every day. I am on an HMO and to get referrals is like pulling teeth and it's a one - two week turn around for each referral. I find myself fighting with these people to rush these appointments. I keep telling them they are not the ones in pain!!! It's a very frustrating situation.