Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recent ESWT and Questions

Posted by TracyC on 5/15/01 at 09:04 (047791)

Dr. Z, I had ESWT last Thursday in your office. I am wondering if I should be doing something different with my feet. I am in a lot of pain when I walk. Before ESWT it would diminish after walking for awhile. It is not dimishing now. I am trying to limit my time on my feet, but I am starting to wonder if I should be on them at all.

I put them in a hot water bath twice a day and I am taking the Ibufrofen. I finally put my dress heels (shoes) on today, hoping to relieve the pressure on my heels. It helps some, but not entirely. I usually strech out my heels in the morning, but the stretching is very painful. Should I keep stretching anyway?

Is there anything else I can try?

Re: Recent ESWT and Questions

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/15/01 at 18:07 (047844)

Stop the stretching. Go to the ice if the pain is severe. Some people will get pain and then it would diminish over time. The dress shoe can forward the weight off your heels

Re: Recent ESWT and Questions

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/15/01 at 18:07 (047844)

Stop the stretching. Go to the ice if the pain is severe. Some people will get pain and then it would diminish over time. The dress shoe can forward the weight off your heels