Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning pain

Posted by Jen on 5/15/01 at 16:52 (047832)

I have been in the cam boot for 3 weeks since surgery. I am 5 weeks post op. I had tts and pf open surgery. The first week I was non weight bearing and gradually got out of the boot into the sneaker for half the day last week. Well, I must have pushed it with cleaning, walking around house in sneaker, because I started with warm, burning pain from shin to sole of foot, similar to tts pain. I am now back in the boot 24/7 ? time as of yet. Has anyone experienced this pain after getting out of boot into sneaker? The discomfort has changed after two days, my foot is now cold in the boot??? I'm praying I didn't do any damage walking too soon or is it possible it's just inflammation?

Jen

Re: burning pain

Susan U on 5/15/01 at 17:53 (047838)

You were able to walk around the house and clean? I still use a quadcane. There's NO WAY I could clean the house yet. Sounds to me like you DID overdue it. My dr. says to still do a little then rest alot. I too am 5 weeks postop. I can't help with the burning pain. I don't have anything like that. Maybe you should call your dr. Good Luck!

diana on 5/16/01 at 14:40 (047973)

I have burning pain sometimes myself and have had it intermittently for years. I have always hearing that a burning pain is a nerve pain. This pain doesn't last tho and I have never had a cold feeling afterwards.
I'm no doctor but I don't see how you could have done anything serious to yourself. I am 7 weeks postop, was only on a walker a few days and have mowed the yard, worked in the flower beds and gone back to work part time. the thing to do is just to be somewhere or in some activity where you can rest when it hurt s. Diana

Susan U on 5/15/01 at 17:53 (047838)

You were able to walk around the house and clean? I still use a quadcane. There's NO WAY I could clean the house yet. Sounds to me like you DID overdue it. My dr. says to still do a little then rest alot. I too am 5 weeks postop. I can't help with the burning pain. I don't have anything like that. Maybe you should call your dr. Good Luck!

diana on 5/16/01 at 14:40 (047973)

I have burning pain sometimes myself and have had it intermittently for years. I have always hearing that a burning pain is a nerve pain. This pain doesn't last tho and I have never had a cold feeling afterwards.
I'm no doctor but I don't see how you could have done anything serious to yourself. I am 7 weeks postop, was only on a walker a few days and have mowed the yard, worked in the flower beds and gone back to work part time. the thing to do is just to be somewhere or in some activity where you can rest when it hurt s. Diana