Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alternative Healing-Herbs etc, any thoughts??

Posted by Denise on 5/16/01 at 01:54 (047903)

Someone suggested I go to my local health food store and get something to take orally for my heel spur, I just don't believe that a remedy could be that simple! But maybe there's an herb out there that might aid in the healing process.
Any thoughts????
Denise

Re: Alternative Healing-Herbs etc, any thoughts??

Helene M on 5/16/01 at 07:48 (047926)

Ginger is supposed to be an excellent anti-inflammatory herb. I have just started to take a product from the health food store called Zyflamend, which contains ginger, turmeric and other herbs. Also, if you do a search on 'bromelain' on this board, you will see that some have had success with it. There is a book called 'Prescription for Nutritional Healing', which is a good reference book for supplements and herbs. Good luck.

Denise on 5/17/01 at 00:54 (048033)

Hi Helene,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to the health food store tomorrow!!
Did you read Gayle's post about Magnesium Oratate? I would like more info on that as well. Keep in touch and let us all know if the Zyflamend works for you. Good luck
Denise

Helene M on 5/16/01 at 07:48 (047926)

Ginger is supposed to be an excellent anti-inflammatory herb. I have just started to take a product from the health food store called Zyflamend, which contains ginger, turmeric and other herbs. Also, if you do a search on 'bromelain' on this board, you will see that some have had success with it. There is a book called 'Prescription for Nutritional Healing', which is a good reference book for supplements and herbs. Good luck.

Denise on 5/17/01 at 00:54 (048033)

Hi Helene,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to the health food store tomorrow!!
Did you read Gayle's post about Magnesium Oratate? I would like more info on that as well. Keep in touch and let us all know if the Zyflamend works for you. Good luck
Denise