Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I was doing a search on my last post and it

Posted by Sweetfeet on 5/16/01 at 07:45 (047922)

didn't show up! I was always checking in to detail my progress and my favorite post of walking across the Golden Gate Bridge never posted! Oh, well, just to let you know, once again, I didn't forget you all. Walking the bridge sans pain was the biggest accomplishment for me as you can imagine. This was in September. I wonder where that enthusiastic 'survior' post went???

Re: I was doing a search on my last post and it

Nancy N on 5/16/01 at 08:21 (047929)

Sweetfeet--

The message index got deleted a few weeks ago, but your actual message should still be here. I know we all saw it, and many people wanted to know what you did that 'cured' you. If you could post that info, I think it would be greatly appreciated.

Sweetfeet in Washington, DC on 5/16/01 at 09:23 (047940)

as you know, i tried everything--at least almost everything. what helped was basically staying off it, taking an anti-inflammatory and never returning to 'slamming' my foot on cement, otherwise known as running/jogging. i had to give it up and switched exercises (i spin now). oh, yes, i wear birkenstocks, mephistos and dansko shoes. no shoes without support. i NEVER go barefoot. i NEVER wear an unsupportive shoe. and, this is important, if i feel the slightest TWINGE of pain, i pop another anti inflammatory.

Pauline on 5/16/01 at 16:03 (047979)

Sounds like you were cured without ESWT. This is good news because it supports what some of the doctors have been saying for a long long time.
Thanks for the update and happy to see your 'running' around again. Wonderful news.

Re: PF and healing time frames

GinaC on 5/16/01 at 19:17 (048001)

One of the better doctors that I have seen maintains that 90% of PF cases will go into 'remission,' or be 'cured' within 3 years, even without ANY treatment. So patience is a virtue and apparently, PF can be self-limiting.

wendyn on 5/16/01 at 23:04 (048030)

If the post was made on the 'Social Board' - those are not archived. That's why there's a social board...so we can post as much as we want - about whatever we want...and it doesn't clutter up Scott's archives.

The hard part is - some of those posts are more 'support' and 'success' than they are social...and they unfortunatley are lost forever if they are here.

Re: Success Board needed?

Julie on 5/17/01 at 02:06 (048037)

Wendy, that gives me an idea. Maybe we ought to have a separate 'Success Stories' board - not only so that these helpful posts can be archived, but to encourage people to tell their success stories.

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 06:32 (048041)

Social board posts are now being archived, but in a different area than the rest so that they currently cannot be searched.

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 06:34 (048042)

Julie, that's a great idea about a 'success stories' board. I'll make it both a 'success/horror stories board.

Re: Success Board needed? Yes!

Cynthia D on 5/17/01 at 07:30 (048049)

Julie, that's a terrific idea! That will quickly become the 'most read' section!

john h on 5/17/01 at 09:29 (048068)

i like the 'Success Board' idea! it will create hope and positive thinking. sometimes our board is like the nightly news in that there is not much good going on.

Re: Success Board launched!

Julie on 5/17/01 at 09:47 (048074)

...Wow, you've done it already, Scott. Quick work!

I hope everyone who's around the boards now, and gets better, posts a success story before they head off into the wide blue yonder of PF-less life. And comes back now and then to report on how things are going.

ellen w on 5/19/01 at 15:17 (048296)

I think the success board is a great idea. I'd also like to suggest a 'terrible stories' board -- not that I want to bring anyone down. Many of the stories we share are very powerful. Perhaps if we stockpiled them and every so often sent a batch of them to every single congressman asking that PF be listed as a disabling condition for SS and workers' comp benefits.
ellen

JudyS on 5/19/01 at 15:56 (048300)

Ellen - that's a really good idea - especially given that now virtually everyone has email/internet.

ellen w on 5/19/01 at 16:50 (048307)

Thanks, Judy!

Nancy N on 5/16/01 at 08:21 (047929)

Sweetfeet--

The message index got deleted a few weeks ago, but your actual message should still be here. I know we all saw it, and many people wanted to know what you did that 'cured' you. If you could post that info, I think it would be greatly appreciated.

Sweetfeet in Washington, DC on 5/16/01 at 09:23 (047940)

as you know, i tried everything--at least almost everything. what helped was basically staying off it, taking an anti-inflammatory and never returning to 'slamming' my foot on cement, otherwise known as running/jogging. i had to give it up and switched exercises (i spin now). oh, yes, i wear birkenstocks, mephistos and dansko shoes. no shoes without support. i NEVER go barefoot. i NEVER wear an unsupportive shoe. and, this is important, if i feel the slightest TWINGE of pain, i pop another anti inflammatory.

Pauline on 5/16/01 at 16:03 (047979)

Sounds like you were cured without ESWT. This is good news because it supports what some of the doctors have been saying for a long long time.
Thanks for the update and happy to see your 'running' around again. Wonderful news.

Re: PF and healing time frames

GinaC on 5/16/01 at 19:17 (048001)

One of the better doctors that I have seen maintains that 90% of PF cases will go into 'remission,' or be 'cured' within 3 years, even without ANY treatment. So patience is a virtue and apparently, PF can be self-limiting.

wendyn on 5/16/01 at 23:04 (048030)

If the post was made on the 'Social Board' - those are not archived. That's why there's a social board...so we can post as much as we want - about whatever we want...and it doesn't clutter up Scott's archives.

The hard part is - some of those posts are more 'support' and 'success' than they are social...and they unfortunatley are lost forever if they are here.

Julie on 5/17/01 at 02:06 (048037)

Wendy, that gives me an idea. Maybe we ought to have a separate 'Success Stories' board - not only so that these helpful posts can be archived, but to encourage people to tell their success stories.

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 06:32 (048041)

Social board posts are now being archived, but in a different area than the rest so that they currently cannot be searched.

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 06:34 (048042)

Julie, that's a great idea about a 'success stories' board. I'll make it both a 'success/horror stories board.

Re: Success Board needed? Yes!

Cynthia D on 5/17/01 at 07:30 (048049)

Julie, that's a terrific idea! That will quickly become the 'most read' section!

john h on 5/17/01 at 09:29 (048068)

i like the 'Success Board' idea! it will create hope and positive thinking. sometimes our board is like the nightly news in that there is not much good going on.

Julie on 5/17/01 at 09:47 (048074)

...Wow, you've done it already, Scott. Quick work!

I hope everyone who's around the boards now, and gets better, posts a success story before they head off into the wide blue yonder of PF-less life. And comes back now and then to report on how things are going.

ellen w on 5/19/01 at 15:17 (048296)

I think the success board is a great idea. I'd also like to suggest a 'terrible stories' board -- not that I want to bring anyone down. Many of the stories we share are very powerful. Perhaps if we stockpiled them and every so often sent a batch of them to every single congressman asking that PF be listed as a disabling condition for SS and workers' comp benefits.
ellen

JudyS on 5/19/01 at 15:56 (048300)

Ellen - that's a really good idea - especially given that now virtually everyone has email/internet.

ellen w on 5/19/01 at 16:50 (048307)

Thanks, Judy!