Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and Taping

Posted by Doug J on 5/17/01 at 07:23 (048046)

Does anyone know if taping will help with the symptoms of TTS? I used to tape the ankles of high jumpers and am aware of the correct technique but I am reluctant to try it in case it worsens the condition. Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: TTS and Taping

wendyn on 5/17/01 at 07:30 (048048)

Doug - if your TTS is due to a structural problem in your foot - then possibly. My TTS is from my post tib arch collapsing, and my feet pronating and falling in. The tape pulls that arch back up and provides some support...orthotics do the same thing. When my TTS was real bad - I could not stand the tape on my feet.

I would have a good doctor or physiotherapist show you how to do it...then give it a try. If it hurts - stop right away...but I think you'll know fairly quickly whether it feels good or not.

Re: TTS and Taping

wendyn on 5/17/01 at 07:30 (048048)

Doug - if your TTS is due to a structural problem in your foot - then possibly. My TTS is from my post tib arch collapsing, and my feet pronating and falling in. The tape pulls that arch back up and provides some support...orthotics do the same thing. When my TTS was real bad - I could not stand the tape on my feet.

I would have a good doctor or physiotherapist show you how to do it...then give it a try. If it hurts - stop right away...but I think you'll know fairly quickly whether it feels good or not.