Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Idea! For Scott!

Posted by john h on 5/17/01 at 09:32 (048069)

to help you create some revenue why not offer a 'www.heelspurs.com' T-Shirt for sale on the board. perhaps a logo that was discussed sometimes back along with the 'www.heelspurs.com' printed on the shirt. all of us buy t-shirts from time to time and this would serve to get the word out.

Re: Idea! For Scott!

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 14:40 (048106)

John,
Great idea. I, for one, would buy a heelspurs.com t-shirt!

Re: Tshirt! Yes!

Valerie S on 5/17/01 at 15:40 (048111)

I would buy a t-shirt too. Maybe you could also take submissions for a design or logo (or do you already have one?)... I would enter a contest even. What a great idea, John!

Paula A on 5/17/01 at 15:43 (048114)

I'd buy one too! Or more perhaps!

Cool idea!

Paula A

Laurie R on 5/17/01 at 16:49 (048118)

I think this is a wonderful idea. Who knows we would wear our t-shirts out and we could run into people from the board...... Laurie R

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 17:14 (048119)

I don't think there would be enough sales or indirect profit to justify doing it. But if anyone else wants to do it....

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 18:50 (048128)

I think if would be fun !!!!

Re: Tshirt! Yes! Kim B?

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 20:57 (048151)

Kim,
I search for your submision to the logo contest. Is there a way you could put your great logo on a t-shirt for all of us? If not is there anyone else out there willing to do it? Now I want one of those t-shirts!

Re: Tshirt! Yes! Kim B? Sorry...

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 21:07 (048154)

I am not even sure if Kim is on the board anymore with all the hubbub. Does anyone else want to pick up the project?

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 06:35 (048176)

Kim doesn't have permission to post here anymore.

john h on 5/18/01 at 10:08 (048192)

there is a t-shirt manufacturing company here in little rock. i will call them and get an idea of what an order of 50-100 shirts might cost. seems to me there were some logo suggestions in the past. did anyone ever actually mail you one scott? all of dr z's employees should wear them! i think with the web address on the shirt it would create a lot of hits over time and would create questions from people who suffer from this problem. as scott says there probably would not be much money to be made but getting the word out would be the important thing in my mind.

JudyS on 5/18/01 at 10:19 (048194)

I've done a little bit of graphic design in my time....
I liked Kim's 'foot' but I'm not sure I'd want to walk around in a shirt that has a foot on it!
Perhaps a Top Ten list of what PF is not? :)

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 17:56 (048231)

Let me know the cost you get john. I'll think about doing it and look at costs here. My brother-in-law is a graphics artist and I'm already all set for credit card orders and shipping. What do we have so far, 5 or 10 orders? I guess I would get one order every 3 weeks from listing it on the products page. So break even would occur in 3 years. The design is everything something cool and witty. Need BarbTx for this. Is that picture of Dr. Lewi copyrigted? Where did that come from anyway? If there is an airport near Dr. Z and if someone gives me a place to sleep, I might go with the new gang. I've got all my U.S. Airways tickets for free.

john h on 5/18/01 at 18:47 (048234)

dr z better buy one for each and every employee. i think it could generate some questions from the general public by wondering what is 'www.heelspurs.com'? things have a way of snowballing some time. how many heelspurs patients does dr z see in a year? hang a few out in his office where he sells some of his other goodies . maybe dr z or some of the other people who offer heelspur products would want their name on the shirt. my 'Pepsi 10K' t -shirts have about 10 advertisers. i can see the shirt now with 'OssaTron,Birkenstock,etc' on the back.

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 20:59 (048243)

The official name is heelspurs.com without the www

Lisa C. on 5/18/01 at 23:06 (048250)

I would happily order a t-shirt just as thanks for all the info you have available. Its been so helpful. I will probably just sleep in mine though, so ANY graphics are fine with me. Does 'heelspurs' get any kind of a bonus or %tage from the items sold on heelsspurs? If they do, I will make sure to order any items from here.
Lisa

Scott R on 5/19/01 at 06:25 (048252)

If you see the heelspurs.com address at the bottom of an order page, it's something that I sell directly.

JudyS on 5/19/01 at 10:53 (048273)

Scott - I think the Philly airport is just outside Dr. Z's back door....what a grand thought to hope that you could join us!

Lisa C. on 5/20/01 at 03:33 (048328)

I ordered the PowerSteps. I am curious you say they are one of two types of inserts you wear. What are the others? Re: the night splints, can you walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night in them? Thank you for your time.

Re: ordering 25 t=shirts..

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 06:42 (048335)

I would like to place an order for twenty-five T-Shirts. I will give them out to patients with heel pain. This way I can just walk in the treatment room Turn on the TV, hand out the T-shirt and tell the patient I have the answer for their heel pain real simple. Go to http://www.heelspur.com

So how much should I charge for the consultation????

I will then write a journal article entitled the Results of twenty-five patients that were treated a with a T_shirt. 2 month follow-up. Scott could set up the data base for the reporting. We could even have a single bind study. One with troll on the shirt and one without a troll

john h on 5/20/01 at 10:08 (048347)

southwest (least expensive) serves baltimore/washington airport and unfortunately not philly.

Re: Idea! For Scott!

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 14:40 (048106)

John,
Great idea. I, for one, would buy a heelspurs.com t-shirt!

Valerie S on 5/17/01 at 15:40 (048111)

I would buy a t-shirt too. Maybe you could also take submissions for a design or logo (or do you already have one?)... I would enter a contest even. What a great idea, John!

Paula A on 5/17/01 at 15:43 (048114)

I'd buy one too! Or more perhaps!

Cool idea!

Paula A

Laurie R on 5/17/01 at 16:49 (048118)

I think this is a wonderful idea. Who knows we would wear our t-shirts out and we could run into people from the board...... Laurie R

Scott R on 5/17/01 at 17:14 (048119)

I don't think there would be enough sales or indirect profit to justify doing it. But if anyone else wants to do it....

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 18:50 (048128)

I think if would be fun !!!!

Re: Tshirt! Yes! Kim B?

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 20:57 (048151)

Kim,
I search for your submision to the logo contest. Is there a way you could put your great logo on a t-shirt for all of us? If not is there anyone else out there willing to do it? Now I want one of those t-shirts!

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 21:07 (048154)

I am not even sure if Kim is on the board anymore with all the hubbub. Does anyone else want to pick up the project?

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 06:35 (048176)

Kim doesn't have permission to post here anymore.

john h on 5/18/01 at 10:08 (048192)

there is a t-shirt manufacturing company here in little rock. i will call them and get an idea of what an order of 50-100 shirts might cost. seems to me there were some logo suggestions in the past. did anyone ever actually mail you one scott? all of dr z's employees should wear them! i think with the web address on the shirt it would create a lot of hits over time and would create questions from people who suffer from this problem. as scott says there probably would not be much money to be made but getting the word out would be the important thing in my mind.

JudyS on 5/18/01 at 10:19 (048194)

I've done a little bit of graphic design in my time....
I liked Kim's 'foot' but I'm not sure I'd want to walk around in a shirt that has a foot on it!
Perhaps a Top Ten list of what PF is not? :)

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 17:56 (048231)

Let me know the cost you get john. I'll think about doing it and look at costs here. My brother-in-law is a graphics artist and I'm already all set for credit card orders and shipping. What do we have so far, 5 or 10 orders? I guess I would get one order every 3 weeks from listing it on the products page. So break even would occur in 3 years. The design is everything something cool and witty. Need BarbTx for this. Is that picture of Dr. Lewi copyrigted? Where did that come from anyway? If there is an airport near Dr. Z and if someone gives me a place to sleep, I might go with the new gang. I've got all my U.S. Airways tickets for free.

john h on 5/18/01 at 18:47 (048234)

dr z better buy one for each and every employee. i think it could generate some questions from the general public by wondering what is 'www.heelspurs.com'? things have a way of snowballing some time. how many heelspurs patients does dr z see in a year? hang a few out in his office where he sells some of his other goodies . maybe dr z or some of the other people who offer heelspur products would want their name on the shirt. my 'Pepsi 10K' t -shirts have about 10 advertisers. i can see the shirt now with 'OssaTron,Birkenstock,etc' on the back.

Scott R on 5/18/01 at 20:59 (048243)

The official name is heelspurs.com without the www

Lisa C. on 5/18/01 at 23:06 (048250)

I would happily order a t-shirt just as thanks for all the info you have available. Its been so helpful. I will probably just sleep in mine though, so ANY graphics are fine with me. Does 'heelspurs' get any kind of a bonus or %tage from the items sold on heelsspurs? If they do, I will make sure to order any items from here.
Lisa

Scott R on 5/19/01 at 06:25 (048252)

If you see the heelspurs.com address at the bottom of an order page, it's something that I sell directly.

JudyS on 5/19/01 at 10:53 (048273)

Scott - I think the Philly airport is just outside Dr. Z's back door....what a grand thought to hope that you could join us!

Lisa C. on 5/20/01 at 03:33 (048328)

I ordered the PowerSteps. I am curious you say they are one of two types of inserts you wear. What are the others? Re: the night splints, can you walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night in them? Thank you for your time.

Re: ordering 25 t=shirts..

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 06:42 (048335)

I would like to place an order for twenty-five T-Shirts. I will give them out to patients with heel pain. This way I can just walk in the treatment room Turn on the TV, hand out the T-shirt and tell the patient I have the answer for their heel pain real simple. Go to http://www.heelspur.com

So how much should I charge for the consultation????

I will then write a journal article entitled the Results of twenty-five patients that were treated a with a T_shirt. 2 month follow-up. Scott could set up the data base for the reporting. We could even have a single bind study. One with troll on the shirt and one without a troll

john h on 5/20/01 at 10:08 (048347)

southwest (least expensive) serves baltimore/washington airport and unfortunately not philly.