Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

No Luck

Posted by Donna on 5/17/01 at 14:25 (048105)

Just want to let someone know that it doesnt always work. I had Ossatron 2 times and did not have any success. I have had everything done except casting and complete plantar cut. I am the only one my doctor has treated with ossatron that failed. Oh well there has to be someone I guess. I dont know what will happen with my job as a Grocery Checker at this point. I will have to live with the pain or change jobs. Anybody else giving up?

Re: No Luck

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 16:23 (048117)

i would consider the minimial incison heel spur operation procedure. You can view the video of the procedure on this web site. It is done right in my office. Feel free to ask about additional informational

GinaC on 5/17/01 at 20:17 (048136)

Donna-you're not alone. I had ossatron treatment twice on my left foot with little improvement, and have since developed tarsal tunnel in addition to the PF. My doctor (in Toronto) said I'm the only person he has re-treated. I had open PF release, distal tarsal tunnel release and heel spur surgery mid-March. Too soon to tell if the surgery has helped. If no improvement, I'm about ready to give up and give in to disability.

BrianG on 5/17/01 at 21:03 (048153)

Hi Donna,

If only there was some way we could REALLY know if you were your doc's only failure. I wish there was more accountability in regards to medical procedures.

BCG

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 21:21 (048155)

Donna,
Maybe Brian is right, maybe it was the Dr. who gave you ESWT. Something to think about is finding another doc to give you a third ESWT, and who knows...maybe the third time is the charm?
Good luck. I am thinking good thoughts for you!

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 23:57 (048166)

I will tell the truth there is not only going to be one failure from ESWT just like the doctor who tells you that 99.9% of all his patients get better from conservative treatments isn't all there either.

I wish that I knew the way to cure 99.99% of ESWT patients . Still working on this one.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 08:19 (048181)

Literature shows . That you can have a postive results with a third treatment regardless of whether there was no pain relief from treatments one or two

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:51 (048370)

i have had two treatments, going back for my 3rd, and will go for the 4th or 5th if that is what it takes. Give up? No! 7 years and still fighting. ESWT may never work for you but do not give up or you have lost the fight. a couple post recently by people who are pain free after having this problem for 10 or more years so there is always 'hope' which springs eternal.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 16:23 (048117)

i would consider the minimial incison heel spur operation procedure. You can view the video of the procedure on this web site. It is done right in my office. Feel free to ask about additional informational

GinaC on 5/17/01 at 20:17 (048136)

Donna-you're not alone. I had ossatron treatment twice on my left foot with little improvement, and have since developed tarsal tunnel in addition to the PF. My doctor (in Toronto) said I'm the only person he has re-treated. I had open PF release, distal tarsal tunnel release and heel spur surgery mid-March. Too soon to tell if the surgery has helped. If no improvement, I'm about ready to give up and give in to disability.

BrianG on 5/17/01 at 21:03 (048153)

Hi Donna,

If only there was some way we could REALLY know if you were your doc's only failure. I wish there was more accountability in regards to medical procedures.

BCG

Lori E. on 5/17/01 at 21:21 (048155)

Donna,
Maybe Brian is right, maybe it was the Dr. who gave you ESWT. Something to think about is finding another doc to give you a third ESWT, and who knows...maybe the third time is the charm?
Good luck. I am thinking good thoughts for you!

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/17/01 at 23:57 (048166)

I will tell the truth there is not only going to be one failure from ESWT just like the doctor who tells you that 99.9% of all his patients get better from conservative treatments isn't all there either.

I wish that I knew the way to cure 99.99% of ESWT patients . Still working on this one.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 08:19 (048181)

Literature shows . That you can have a postive results with a third treatment regardless of whether there was no pain relief from treatments one or two

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:51 (048370)

i have had two treatments, going back for my 3rd, and will go for the 4th or 5th if that is what it takes. Give up? No! 7 years and still fighting. ESWT may never work for you but do not give up or you have lost the fight. a couple post recently by people who are pain free after having this problem for 10 or more years so there is always 'hope' which springs eternal.