Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lateral pain/nerve conduction

Posted by denise n on 5/17/01 at hrmin (048144)

I am interested in the nerve conduction tests. I have not had this done and it sounds valid. My pain began on the inside heel of my left foot. After wearing my orthotic for almost 3 months, using Celebrex and Neurontin, and following my ultrasound treatments...I now have pain on the left side of my heel as well. Is this related to the change in my walking habits or something else? My doctor says I should be able to walk normally ,but I cannot. Most of my footfalls look like a limp. Does everyone else walk this way?

Thanks
Denise

Re: lateral pain/nerve conduction

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 06:02 (048174)

It could also be another band and or tendon on the bottom of the foot. Limping isn't normal.

claudia m on 5/18/01 at 12:35 (048206)

Denise, I also had a very bad limp before my TTS surgery. I am now 5 weeks post op and still have a problem walking correctly. I am in therapy and they are doing very agressive massage on my foot . It hurts terrible, the therapist I have, says the tendon is very tight and causes me to walk that way.Hope you get better soon.The only time I don't have a problem walking right is when they have me in water walking on a treadmill, but even then it hurts. I feel like I am learning to walk all over again.

denise n on 5/18/01 at hrmin (048235)

Claudia,
Thanks for responding. Do you feel the surgery helped at all?

Denise

claudia m on 5/19/01 at 11:00 (048275)

Denise, I do feel my surgery helped a lot. I would probably be riding in a wheelchair if I hadn't had the surgery. I feel so much better even though I still have some problems. The therapist says a lot of my problems will just take time, and I would do it all over again. I am only 51/2 weeks post op and from what I understand it takes longer than that to heal. I feel I am doing quite well compared to before the surgery.

claudia m on 5/19/01 at 11:03 (048276)

Dr. Zuckerman, Does the tendon on the bottom of the foot usually loosen up on its own after surgery? Also is there a correct way to massage the incision? Thank you for any help.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 06:02 (048174)

It could also be another band and or tendon on the bottom of the foot. Limping isn't normal.

claudia m on 5/18/01 at 12:35 (048206)

Denise, I also had a very bad limp before my TTS surgery. I am now 5 weeks post op and still have a problem walking correctly. I am in therapy and they are doing very agressive massage on my foot . It hurts terrible, the therapist I have, says the tendon is very tight and causes me to walk that way.Hope you get better soon.The only time I don't have a problem walking right is when they have me in water walking on a treadmill, but even then it hurts. I feel like I am learning to walk all over again.

denise n on 5/18/01 at hrmin (048235)

Claudia,
Thanks for responding. Do you feel the surgery helped at all?

Denise

claudia m on 5/19/01 at 11:00 (048275)

Denise, I do feel my surgery helped a lot. I would probably be riding in a wheelchair if I hadn't had the surgery. I feel so much better even though I still have some problems. The therapist says a lot of my problems will just take time, and I would do it all over again. I am only 51/2 weeks post op and from what I understand it takes longer than that to heal. I feel I am doing quite well compared to before the surgery.

claudia m on 5/19/01 at 11:03 (048276)

Dr. Zuckerman, Does the tendon on the bottom of the foot usually loosen up on its own after surgery? Also is there a correct way to massage the incision? Thank you for any help.