Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

chronic recalcitrant anterior plantar fasciitis

Posted by dennis l on 5/18/01 at 12:09 (048203)

I'm a Emergency Department physician suffering with my own case of plantar fasciitis.
I've seen two podiatrists,two physiatrists and two orthopedic foot surgeons who all agree on the diagnosis. I have also had a bone scan,EMG, MRI, and blood work done to rule out any other possibilities.
Unfortunately, I've not responded to any interventions including aggressive PT,night splints, injected and oral steroids, and casting.
I've had to take a unpaid leave of abscence from work. Since March 1 of this year I've been almost completely non-weight bearing at home with absolutely no improvement at all.
My orthopedic surgeons are talking about lithotripsy. Since I've never had any heel spur or heel component to my pain they do not feel any surgical procedure is indicated,which I'm comfortable with.
I'm interested in any opinion on lithotripsy, on any other treatment suggestions, and in any suggested referral(s). I'm in Grand Rapids,Michigan but certainly willing to travel elsewhere.

Re: chronic recalcitrant anterior plantar fasciitis

JudyS on 5/18/01 at 12:57 (048208)

Hi Dennis - I'm not a doctor so can't answer your medically-related questions here. Be assured though, that you will get answers from Docs here and board members will also describe their own ESWT (lithotripsy) experiences. Before that, though, you may want to look at the ESWT section of this website - it's got a lot of great information.

But enough of that - there are two Grand Rapidsers on this message board! I'm one..I grew up there but now live in California. And the other is Valerie.....who I know will say hi to you before the day's up!
What hospital are you in? I was born in Butterworth....

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 13:15 (048209)

Hi Doc

My name is Dr. Z . We have been using the orbasone ESWT machine for the past seventeen months with every effective resolution of pain . We have done over two hundred procedures. I am assuming that anterior means proximal plantar fascia. That is pain at the insertion at the plantar fascia medial band.

I can have Denise my ESWT patient coordinator give you a call or e-mail you . She will answer all of your questions about the procedure. We can also send you an informational packet with video.

So give Denise an e-mail at heelhelp@bee.net . or call her at 1-856-478-2097

Any specific questions feel free to just ask this board. Eveyone is very helpful around here

JudyS on 5/18/01 at 12:57 (048208)

Hi Dennis - I'm not a doctor so can't answer your medically-related questions here. Be assured though, that you will get answers from Docs here and board members will also describe their own ESWT (lithotripsy) experiences. Before that, though, you may want to look at the ESWT section of this website - it's got a lot of great information.

But enough of that - there are two Grand Rapidsers on this message board! I'm one..I grew up there but now live in California. And the other is Valerie.....who I know will say hi to you before the day's up!
What hospital are you in? I was born in Butterworth....

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/01 at 13:15 (048209)

Hi Doc

My name is Dr. Z . We have been using the orbasone ESWT machine for the past seventeen months with every effective resolution of pain . We have done over two hundred procedures. I am assuming that anterior means proximal plantar fascia. That is pain at the insertion at the plantar fascia medial band.

I can have Denise my ESWT patient coordinator give you a call or e-mail you . She will answer all of your questions about the procedure. We can also send you an informational packet with video.

So give Denise an e-mail at heelhelp@bee.net . or call her at 1-856-478-2097

Any specific questions feel free to just ask this board. Eveyone is very helpful around here