Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot operation

Posted by dan on 5/18/01 at hrmin (048216)

I had a operation (2 time) on my right foot to remove cyst like mass underneath the arch of my foot. I know these can grow on your hand and are called 'dupuytrens' but I can find no information on the web about them growing on your feet. Can you help out?

Re: foot operation

Helene M on 5/18/01 at 14:40 (048219)

Dan, this is called plantar fibromatosis in the feet. I've searched for it on the web in the past and found a lot of information.

Dan on 5/18/01 at 14:48 (048220)

Thanks

I had the spelling wrong, any good sites you recommend?

Helene M on 5/19/01 at 11:26 (048281)

Can't recommend any specific site but you might try searching with Google. It's a good search engine.

brad on 5/21/01 at 06:41 (048436)

Dan, if you find any sites, please let me know. I have looked all over the web and haven't found much. This is the best site if you can catch somebody that has fibromas. I have a huge one on the bottom of my foot and I am scheduled for operation in August. How did your operation go?
Thanks, Brad

Dan on 5/23/01 at 14:20 (048660)

The operation overall went well but, I am still not up on my feet since the operation - april 19 - this due to the skin around the scar formed a blood blister, that slowly turned into a big scab on foot. I proably waited too long to have the operation which relusted in the Dr. having to do alot more work inside my foot, this include scrapping the mass from my skin. I have also have might have some nerve damage to my big toe but, we will have to wiat a while to see if nerves will recover.

Brad on 5/25/01 at 03:18 (048844)

Dan,
Thanks for your response.

Helene M on 5/18/01 at 14:40 (048219)

Dan, this is called plantar fibromatosis in the feet. I've searched for it on the web in the past and found a lot of information.

Dan on 5/18/01 at 14:48 (048220)

Thanks

I had the spelling wrong, any good sites you recommend?

Helene M on 5/19/01 at 11:26 (048281)

Can't recommend any specific site but you might try searching with Google. It's a good search engine.

brad on 5/21/01 at 06:41 (048436)

Dan, if you find any sites, please let me know. I have looked all over the web and haven't found much. This is the best site if you can catch somebody that has fibromas. I have a huge one on the bottom of my foot and I am scheduled for operation in August. How did your operation go?
Thanks, Brad

Dan on 5/23/01 at 14:20 (048660)

The operation overall went well but, I am still not up on my feet since the operation - april 19 - this due to the skin around the scar formed a blood blister, that slowly turned into a big scab on foot. I proably waited too long to have the operation which relusted in the Dr. having to do alot more work inside my foot, this include scrapping the mass from my skin. I have also have might have some nerve damage to my big toe but, we will have to wiat a while to see if nerves will recover.

Brad on 5/25/01 at 03:18 (048844)

Dan,
Thanks for your response.