Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 weeks post op

Posted by MarielleG on 5/18/01 at hrmin (048222)

Hi!

First, what a great service this is and how super it is to share our experiences in such a way!

I had surgery for Haglund's heel 8 weeks ago, the bone was shaved off and there was almost no interference with the achilles tendon, they only had loosen a tiny part of it. It seemed to have healed quite well and I was able to walk normally and everything, but now the scar seems to have 'hardened' in a way and also my heel again hurts way more than just a week ago. Especially if i have been sitting or laying for a while and then get up again. It hurts kind of on the other side of the heel from where i had the surgery.. any ideas? is this normal?

Re: 8 weeks post op

Bruce on 5/20/01 at 14:59 (048383)

No responses yet???

What has your Doc said about it?

Bruce

john h on 5/21/01 at 10:02 (048449)

try your question on ask the doc's section. you should get a response.

MarielleG on 5/21/01 at 10:04 (048451)

Seems to be some pain in the achilles tendon, have not been to the doctor yet, but I guess I should go..
My heel is also very red and sore right where the achilles attaches to the heelbone

Re: 8 weeks post op: Achilles!!!

Bruce on 5/21/01 at 22:13 (048524)

Achilles?

Very red??

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't like the sound of that....... I don't know what it means for sure, but I don't like the sound of it!

Yes, please go back to the doctor.

You're getting ME nervous...

Bruce

Bruce on 5/20/01 at 14:59 (048383)

No responses yet???

What has your Doc said about it?

Bruce

john h on 5/21/01 at 10:02 (048449)

try your question on ask the doc's section. you should get a response.

MarielleG on 5/21/01 at 10:04 (048451)

Seems to be some pain in the achilles tendon, have not been to the doctor yet, but I guess I should go..
My heel is also very red and sore right where the achilles attaches to the heelbone

Re: 8 weeks post op: Achilles!!!

Bruce on 5/21/01 at 22:13 (048524)

Achilles?

Very red??

AAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't like the sound of that....... I don't know what it means for sure, but I don't like the sound of it!

Yes, please go back to the doctor.

You're getting ME nervous...

Bruce