Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Patient Database

Posted by Pauline on 5/19/01 at 12:51 (048284)

Maybe my first post was on the wrong board. But I am curious, Scott, when you designed and added the patient database to your site what was your vision of how people, including new visitors, viewing it should interpret the information listed?

Re: ESWT Patient Database

Scott R on 5/19/01 at 15:57 (048301)

Pauline, if you were curious you would have emailed me.

Pauline on 5/19/01 at 22:25 (048322)

Is it something of a private nature that everyone is not allowed to hear.
I'm asking a serious question.

Re: FOUL #2 - Pauline

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 05:56 (048332)

Pauline, the reason I did not answer your question is because I do not want to have discussions with you. By then claiming that I have something to hide (you even ended your 'question' with a period), you have become a troll trying to use conspiracy theory rhetoric against this website to force me to respond. That was not nice.

Trolls lie in wait under a bridge or in the hills for unsuspsecting travellers. They troll around casting bait. Trolls are lonely because they are not nice. Message boards help satisfy their need for human interaction. Being friendly is like a spider crawling up their leg. They can't stand it.

Since you are forcing me to respond by claming I have something to hide, I will answer your question. My vision of how people should interpret the data in the databases at heelspurs.com is that they should look at the designs of the databases and decide for themselves how to interpret them. How the databases work are transparent. Everyone can see how the data gets in.

Re: Re:

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 06:06 (048333)

I forgot to point out that half the reason she gets a foul for this is because her last post before this thread was against Dr. Z in the social board about a day ago (for which I gave her a warning).

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 11:38 (048360)

I believe I was around when this data base was created...as I recall - the potential uses were fairly basic and evident.

A reader wondering how may patients had tried orthotics - could do a search. They could find out how many people they helped. This could be done for all types of treatments, pain locations, etc.

I think the intent was also to enable readers to locate people who had similar problems to themselves, as a way of tracking down others to speak with and learn from.

It's been a long time since I looked at the information there, but I recall finding it very interesting from a 'fellow patient' perspective.

Re: To Scott FOUL #2 - Pauline

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 11:58 (048362)

Scott,
Contrary to your belief there was no hidden agenda. It was just a question.
I know how a database should work, but I wondered how you saw them incorporated into your site. You've lowered yourself to public name calling. Now you have to make up things to FOUL me. We summer in Europe so I'll be off the board.

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:46 (048369)

i should think anyone, without instruction, should recognize all the information on the board for what it is and that is 'information which for the most part is non scientific, posted for the most part by people who suffer from PF, to be used in whatever manner you wish'. Heelspurs.com promises nothing and probably for what little money scott may make, if any, is in my mind a Public Service. Pauline you continue to astound me in that you seem to be picking a fight with many of your post. I sometimes think you were sent here by someone with an agenda. We all have bad hair days but you seem to be having a bad hair year. lighten up and enjoy.

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:54 (048371)

have a nice vacation pauline. If you get an opportunity please stop by Lourdes in southern france. renew yourself and things will be better when you return.

Re: To John FOUL #2 - Pauline

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 14:58 (048382)

John,
Funny you should mention Lourdes. When my Mother-in-law visits we are taking her there. I'll add your wife to the prayer list at the shrine. This will be my second visit. It's a beautiful experience. She will be remembered by everyone that visits Lourdes.

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 15:22 (048389)

Scott the King
He Puts Gladiators in a ring with Lions, binds their hands and feet adds a gag and blindfold, then declares victory. In flies the flock to pick away at the remains. Last but not least the Doc arrives to scavenge the bones for soup. To those that lay witness to the arena and saw the truth I say Thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 15:38 (048394)

I wanted to play the Gladiator. I loved the movie.

john h on 5/21/01 at 09:59 (048448)

thanks for you thought and prayers pauline. much appreciated. add one for my feet. do they have some sort of ritual at the shrine or is simply a place to pray?

Scott R on 5/19/01 at 15:57 (048301)

Pauline, if you were curious you would have emailed me.

Pauline on 5/19/01 at 22:25 (048322)

Is it something of a private nature that everyone is not allowed to hear.
I'm asking a serious question.

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 05:56 (048332)

Pauline, the reason I did not answer your question is because I do not want to have discussions with you. By then claiming that I have something to hide (you even ended your 'question' with a period), you have become a troll trying to use conspiracy theory rhetoric against this website to force me to respond. That was not nice.

Trolls lie in wait under a bridge or in the hills for unsuspsecting travellers. They troll around casting bait. Trolls are lonely because they are not nice. Message boards help satisfy their need for human interaction. Being friendly is like a spider crawling up their leg. They can't stand it.

Since you are forcing me to respond by claming I have something to hide, I will answer your question. My vision of how people should interpret the data in the databases at heelspurs.com is that they should look at the designs of the databases and decide for themselves how to interpret them. How the databases work are transparent. Everyone can see how the data gets in.

Re: Re:

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 06:06 (048333)

I forgot to point out that half the reason she gets a foul for this is because her last post before this thread was against Dr. Z in the social board about a day ago (for which I gave her a warning).

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 11:38 (048360)

I believe I was around when this data base was created...as I recall - the potential uses were fairly basic and evident.

A reader wondering how may patients had tried orthotics - could do a search. They could find out how many people they helped. This could be done for all types of treatments, pain locations, etc.

I think the intent was also to enable readers to locate people who had similar problems to themselves, as a way of tracking down others to speak with and learn from.

It's been a long time since I looked at the information there, but I recall finding it very interesting from a 'fellow patient' perspective.

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 11:58 (048362)

Scott,
Contrary to your belief there was no hidden agenda. It was just a question.
I know how a database should work, but I wondered how you saw them incorporated into your site. You've lowered yourself to public name calling. Now you have to make up things to FOUL me. We summer in Europe so I'll be off the board.

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:46 (048369)

i should think anyone, without instruction, should recognize all the information on the board for what it is and that is 'information which for the most part is non scientific, posted for the most part by people who suffer from PF, to be used in whatever manner you wish'. Heelspurs.com promises nothing and probably for what little money scott may make, if any, is in my mind a Public Service. Pauline you continue to astound me in that you seem to be picking a fight with many of your post. I sometimes think you were sent here by someone with an agenda. We all have bad hair days but you seem to be having a bad hair year. lighten up and enjoy.

john h on 5/20/01 at 12:54 (048371)

have a nice vacation pauline. If you get an opportunity please stop by Lourdes in southern france. renew yourself and things will be better when you return.

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 14:58 (048382)

John,
Funny you should mention Lourdes. When my Mother-in-law visits we are taking her there. I'll add your wife to the prayer list at the shrine. This will be my second visit. It's a beautiful experience. She will be remembered by everyone that visits Lourdes.

Pauline on 5/20/01 at 15:22 (048389)

Scott the King
He Puts Gladiators in a ring with Lions, binds their hands and feet adds a gag and blindfold, then declares victory. In flies the flock to pick away at the remains. Last but not least the Doc arrives to scavenge the bones for soup. To those that lay witness to the arena and saw the truth I say Thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 15:38 (048394)

I wanted to play the Gladiator. I loved the movie.

john h on 5/21/01 at 09:59 (048448)

thanks for you thought and prayers pauline. much appreciated. add one for my feet. do they have some sort of ritual at the shrine or is simply a place to pray?