Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Itching Feet and Heal Pain

Posted by Rae Christian on 5/19/01 at 17:16 (048309)

Please HELP. I have had an itch around my heal area for about 7 months now. The itch feels as if it is coming from inside the foot, like internal. I have been to the doctor's three times and been to a dermatalogist once. It is not athlete's foot or any other skin condition. I also have heal been, when I get up in the morning, and throughout the day. Although, it always seems worse in the morning or after sitting a while. A year and a half ago, I also fractured both ankles while running. I am at my witts end with this problem. Please help me with any suggestions you may have. I also have this itch and pain on both feet. Thank you for your time. Very truly yours, Rae

Re: Itching Feet and Heal Pain

Dr. Biehler on 5/19/01 at 19:42 (048317)

Itch with pain could indicate there is a nerve componet to the cause of pain. The pain in the heel could be from the intraped nerve or have a completly separate cause. The intrapment could be anywhere from the heel up to the lower back, and still be felt in the heel. Dr. B.

Rae on 5/19/01 at 20:26 (048319)

Dear Dr. B,
Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate the time you took to write me back regarding my concerns. I was diagnosed about two months ago with degenerative(sp) disc disease and a bulging disc. What is your input on that? Also, how will this need to be treated if this is the case. Very truly yours, Rae

Dr. Biehler on 5/20/01 at 06:45 (048336)

The disc problem may becausing your heel pain. A streching routine along with back exercises might help. You should also be checked for a functional limb length differance. Dr. B.

Rae C. on 5/20/01 at 09:29 (048342)

Dr. B, exactly what is that? The functional limb length differance. Thanks again.

Dr. Biehler on 5/19/01 at 19:42 (048317)

Itch with pain could indicate there is a nerve componet to the cause of pain. The pain in the heel could be from the intraped nerve or have a completly separate cause. The intrapment could be anywhere from the heel up to the lower back, and still be felt in the heel. Dr. B.

Rae on 5/19/01 at 20:26 (048319)

Dear Dr. B,
Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate the time you took to write me back regarding my concerns. I was diagnosed about two months ago with degenerative(sp) disc disease and a bulging disc. What is your input on that? Also, how will this need to be treated if this is the case. Very truly yours, Rae

Dr. Biehler on 5/20/01 at 06:45 (048336)

The disc problem may becausing your heel pain. A streching routine along with back exercises might help. You should also be checked for a functional limb length differance. Dr. B.

Rae C. on 5/20/01 at 09:29 (048342)

Dr. B, exactly what is that? The functional limb length differance. Thanks again.