Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

major heel pain

Posted by Diane D on 5/19/01 at hrmin (048318)

I have major heel pain on my left heel. It seems to be more on the top of the heel on both side of the achilles tendon. Most of the time it causes me to limp. It hurts worse after i have relaxed it for a while then when I return to what I was doing the pain is bad. I am not sure what is goin on. I am 25 and weight is not a problem but I have been an athlete almost all of my life. Anyone that might have some advice please let me know. No I have not seen a doctor yet but I will be soon if something does not work. Any ideas I am interested in. Thank You

Re: major heel pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/19/01 at 20:38 (048320)

What types of treatments have you tried. How long has this problem been going on . If you are limping all the time you need an x-ray now

Diane D on 5/20/01 at hrmin (048405)

The problem has been going on for about 4 months now. After exercising or walking or being on my foot any length of time and i sit down and relax even elevate it I feel as though fluid or something builds up and causes major pain. I was just wondering what you think the doctors might tell me i just dont want surgery or anything and be down for 6 mos. if it is going to gradually go away or something. I have heel inserts, iced it wrapped it but the pain is always there.So i appreciate the input and anymore input you might have. I will be seeing a doctor as soon as my insurance goes through Thank You

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 17:43 (048408)

Surgery is the last thing that will be on the mind of your doctor. An x-ray should be the first thing. Need to rule out stress fracture. Taping, rest, gentle stretching. Try to make the doctor visit as soon as you can.
Read the heel pain book on this web site. Give us updated

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/19/01 at 20:38 (048320)

What types of treatments have you tried. How long has this problem been going on . If you are limping all the time you need an x-ray now

Diane D on 5/20/01 at hrmin (048405)

The problem has been going on for about 4 months now. After exercising or walking or being on my foot any length of time and i sit down and relax even elevate it I feel as though fluid or something builds up and causes major pain. I was just wondering what you think the doctors might tell me i just dont want surgery or anything and be down for 6 mos. if it is going to gradually go away or something. I have heel inserts, iced it wrapped it but the pain is always there.So i appreciate the input and anymore input you might have. I will be seeing a doctor as soon as my insurance goes through Thank You

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 17:43 (048408)

Surgery is the last thing that will be on the mind of your doctor. An x-ray should be the first thing. Need to rule out stress fracture. Taping, rest, gentle stretching. Try to make the doctor visit as soon as you can.
Read the heel pain book on this web site. Give us updated