Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do trolls how heel spurs.????

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 06:21 (048334)

Scott,

I had a troll when growing up. After laughting so hard about what a troll was, mine was just ulgy, I fell to the floor and guess what I found on the floor trying to bit my leg. It was two trolls.

Did you ever have little trolls dolls in the South.? I still remember at one of my birthdays everyone in the neighorhood came to my birthday party and every gift was the same troll baby.

Let's make the troll the official mascot of heelspurs..com . We could add it to the heelspurc.com t-shirt.

Re: Trolls were everywhere.

Valerie S on 5/20/01 at 10:30 (048351)

Hi.

Weren't trolls supposed to be good luck? Yet you were haunted by them and they tried to bite your feet... (they are ugly). I went to the BINGO hall to play with friends from work a couple of times, and saw that trolls are a popular good-luck charm. hee hee. Maybe a little bit of luck is just what we need.

There were monsters under my bed too, but my dad never found them when I made him look under there (I didn't dare). I am still afraid to look under the bed... hee hee.

Val.

Re: Trolls are they good luck or bad luck.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 10:35 (048353)

Well maybe there are two kinds of trolls good and bad. I do remember that they had a smile on their face.

Re: Dr Z

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 11:45 (048361)

I think if Scott is going to try to get people to be nice on this board - the last thing you should do is try to inflame things by a post like this.

I sit here shaking my head in complete amazement.

BrianG on 5/20/01 at 13:29 (048373)

It's called a double standard. Seems to be the norm !

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 14:48 (048378)

Sory but I though that the Social Board was just for having fun and games.

The Toll thing really brough back some funny memories. I was actually making fun that Scott knew what a troll was. I haven't heard about trolls since being a child. Yes I was a child and still want to have those funny ways. On the Social Board you can even make fun of Dr. Z if you want to

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 15:00 (048385)

I didn't make up 'troll' to call her a name. It's a common usenet newsgroup word for what she and the other troll constantly do (did). The word has been around probably since the late 80's when the average IQ of people in the newsgroups was somewhere around 130.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 15:18 (048386)

Wow,

I didn't even know what a newsgroup was at that time. I think my IQ is about 145. My wife tells me it is under 100 at times. I first starting trying to go on the net for medical information in 1992. Compuserve was my
online provider. Boy was it difficult and expense. .

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 16:07 (048399)

There is a big difference between having fun, and continuing to fan the flames in a tiresome exchange of words. When other people are in receipt of a public reprimand for being nasty here - this does not give you free license to make the extremely nasty references you did.

I thought we were all under the same obligations to follow those be nice rules. If they're enforced on your behalf so frequently, I would appreciate it if you would follow them as well.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 16:35 (048402)

I hear you loud and clear. No problem

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 17:00 (048404)

I was going to FOUL Dr. Z, but I couldn't figure out what the heck he was saying. Now I see Pauline posting off-topic again in the ESWT board about things going on here.

pf sufferer on 5/20/01 at 17:33 (048407)

I have read this long standing exchange and it seems to have a common theme. Pauline seems to have an axe to grind regarding Dr Z She may not like his marketing, joking, or whatever. She continues in subtle and not so subtle ways to disparage Dr Z. This is not to defend him, he is a big boy. But he does make a living treating foot pain. This is his livelyhood. Pauline is a person that is not affected in a financial sense. If I were him I would have gotten a little more proactive with some allegations.

Because Pauline seems to feel that it is open season on Dr Z and Scott she can mask inflamatory comments as I was just asking for the good of the people. Then when she is called on it she plays dumb and then claims to be a victim. Scott and Dr Z are doing this for a reason like everybody else. They are trying to help. Exchange of free ideas and thoughts is good. Paulines mo is in stone and is more than an accident it is an obvious pattern

Perhaps Pauline should have 1 post to air her true feelings on the who what why where of her contempt for Dr Z. Dr Z would have the ability to post a response then no more animosity. You dont have to like Dr Z methods Pauline but you should show a modicum of respect and I am sure he will return it. Nobody is picking on you. Most folks on here are nice.

Good luck Scott and sorry to post this but it needed to be said

Re: You make a good point

Steve P on 5/20/01 at 20:43 (048420)

Well said.

I think that 95%+ of people who post here are free of any motives but receiving help & giving help to others. After all, we are all coping with a tough affliction & there is great value in networking, exchanging information & supporting one another.

There is no place on this board for constant snide remarks, sarcasm, sniping, and innuendo.

Re: anonymous posts outlawed

bg cped on 5/20/01 at 20:53 (048421)

I thought Scott 'outlawed' anonymous posts.

Re: You make a good point/ Please just stop

Tammie on 5/20/01 at 21:01 (048422)

Lets foget this childish stuff and go on turn the cheek or whatever, to much time is wasted on little squabbles and the more u talk about it the worse it becomes,Ignore it my friends!!! Think about happiness and sunshine and smiles and less pain for those who are in pain and the beautiful flowers and the beautiful green grass and all of Gods gifts to us! And also remember the sick the poor and the sadness and say a little prayer for them! Everyone have a Wonderful day or evening!!!

Re: to 'PF Sufferer'

Julie on 5/21/01 at 02:55 (048432)

Hi PF Sufferer

Like Steve, I thought you made your point well. But I would like to persuade you not to post behind a pseudonym. We are all PF Sufferers here. Do let us know who you are so that we can get to know you.

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 07:40 (048439)

Scott knows who you are anyway, so you might as well use your real name. I'd like to suggest to Scott that anyone who breaks the 'be nice' rule, while using a pseudonym, be 'outed' by Scott!

JudyS on 5/21/01 at 10:36 (048457)

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but memory tells me that 'PF Sufferer' has been posting, and contributing, under that moniker for quite a while now with no repercussions about it being a pseudonym. A comparable one is our dear 'Sweetfeet'. When I first started posting a year or so ago, I used 'ChrisO' (A compilation of my sons' names) as it was my first venture in to cyber communications and I was a bit paranoid!

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 17:47 (048492)

Just an add-on thought: My message above was not intended for pf sufferer, per se, I thought their post was nice by the way, but was for those who say mean things and don't use their name.

Julie on 5/22/01 at 03:15 (048546)

OK, I stand corrected. I guess I'm not as familiar with netiquette as the rest of you. Pseudonyms bother me, but I'll get used to it. What prompted my comment was a feeling that any of us could call ourselves PF Sufferer if we wanted to say something but didn't want others to know who said it, and I wondered if something like that was going on, as PFS was doing an analysis of someone else's character.

Re: Trolls were everywhere.

Valerie S on 5/20/01 at 10:30 (048351)

Hi.

Weren't trolls supposed to be good luck? Yet you were haunted by them and they tried to bite your feet... (they are ugly). I went to the BINGO hall to play with friends from work a couple of times, and saw that trolls are a popular good-luck charm. hee hee. Maybe a little bit of luck is just what we need.

There were monsters under my bed too, but my dad never found them when I made him look under there (I didn't dare). I am still afraid to look under the bed... hee hee.

Val.

Re: Trolls are they good luck or bad luck.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 10:35 (048353)

Well maybe there are two kinds of trolls good and bad. I do remember that they had a smile on their face.

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 11:45 (048361)

I think if Scott is going to try to get people to be nice on this board - the last thing you should do is try to inflame things by a post like this.

I sit here shaking my head in complete amazement.

BrianG on 5/20/01 at 13:29 (048373)

It's called a double standard. Seems to be the norm !

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 14:48 (048378)

Sory but I though that the Social Board was just for having fun and games.

The Toll thing really brough back some funny memories. I was actually making fun that Scott knew what a troll was. I haven't heard about trolls since being a child. Yes I was a child and still want to have those funny ways. On the Social Board you can even make fun of Dr. Z if you want to

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 15:00 (048385)

I didn't make up 'troll' to call her a name. It's a common usenet newsgroup word for what she and the other troll constantly do (did). The word has been around probably since the late 80's when the average IQ of people in the newsgroups was somewhere around 130.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 15:18 (048386)

Wow,

I didn't even know what a newsgroup was at that time. I think my IQ is about 145. My wife tells me it is under 100 at times. I first starting trying to go on the net for medical information in 1992. Compuserve was my
online provider. Boy was it difficult and expense. .

wendyn on 5/20/01 at 16:07 (048399)

There is a big difference between having fun, and continuing to fan the flames in a tiresome exchange of words. When other people are in receipt of a public reprimand for being nasty here - this does not give you free license to make the extremely nasty references you did.

I thought we were all under the same obligations to follow those be nice rules. If they're enforced on your behalf so frequently, I would appreciate it if you would follow them as well.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/20/01 at 16:35 (048402)

I hear you loud and clear. No problem

Scott R on 5/20/01 at 17:00 (048404)

I was going to FOUL Dr. Z, but I couldn't figure out what the heck he was saying. Now I see Pauline posting off-topic again in the ESWT board about things going on here.

pf sufferer on 5/20/01 at 17:33 (048407)

I have read this long standing exchange and it seems to have a common theme. Pauline seems to have an axe to grind regarding Dr Z She may not like his marketing, joking, or whatever. She continues in subtle and not so subtle ways to disparage Dr Z. This is not to defend him, he is a big boy. But he does make a living treating foot pain. This is his livelyhood. Pauline is a person that is not affected in a financial sense. If I were him I would have gotten a little more proactive with some allegations.

Because Pauline seems to feel that it is open season on Dr Z and Scott she can mask inflamatory comments as I was just asking for the good of the people. Then when she is called on it she plays dumb and then claims to be a victim. Scott and Dr Z are doing this for a reason like everybody else. They are trying to help. Exchange of free ideas and thoughts is good. Paulines mo is in stone and is more than an accident it is an obvious pattern

Perhaps Pauline should have 1 post to air her true feelings on the who what why where of her contempt for Dr Z. Dr Z would have the ability to post a response then no more animosity. You dont have to like Dr Z methods Pauline but you should show a modicum of respect and I am sure he will return it. Nobody is picking on you. Most folks on here are nice.

Good luck Scott and sorry to post this but it needed to be said

Re: You make a good point

Steve P on 5/20/01 at 20:43 (048420)

Well said.

I think that 95%+ of people who post here are free of any motives but receiving help & giving help to others. After all, we are all coping with a tough affliction & there is great value in networking, exchanging information & supporting one another.

There is no place on this board for constant snide remarks, sarcasm, sniping, and innuendo.

Re: anonymous posts outlawed

bg cped on 5/20/01 at 20:53 (048421)

I thought Scott 'outlawed' anonymous posts.

Re: You make a good point/ Please just stop

Tammie on 5/20/01 at 21:01 (048422)

Lets foget this childish stuff and go on turn the cheek or whatever, to much time is wasted on little squabbles and the more u talk about it the worse it becomes,Ignore it my friends!!! Think about happiness and sunshine and smiles and less pain for those who are in pain and the beautiful flowers and the beautiful green grass and all of Gods gifts to us! And also remember the sick the poor and the sadness and say a little prayer for them! Everyone have a Wonderful day or evening!!!

Julie on 5/21/01 at 02:55 (048432)

Hi PF Sufferer

Like Steve, I thought you made your point well. But I would like to persuade you not to post behind a pseudonym. We are all PF Sufferers here. Do let us know who you are so that we can get to know you.

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 07:40 (048439)

Scott knows who you are anyway, so you might as well use your real name. I'd like to suggest to Scott that anyone who breaks the 'be nice' rule, while using a pseudonym, be 'outed' by Scott!

JudyS on 5/21/01 at 10:36 (048457)

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but memory tells me that 'PF Sufferer' has been posting, and contributing, under that moniker for quite a while now with no repercussions about it being a pseudonym. A comparable one is our dear 'Sweetfeet'. When I first started posting a year or so ago, I used 'ChrisO' (A compilation of my sons' names) as it was my first venture in to cyber communications and I was a bit paranoid!

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 17:47 (048492)

Just an add-on thought: My message above was not intended for pf sufferer, per se, I thought their post was nice by the way, but was for those who say mean things and don't use their name.

Julie on 5/22/01 at 03:15 (048546)

OK, I stand corrected. I guess I'm not as familiar with netiquette as the rest of you. Pseudonyms bother me, but I'll get used to it. What prompted my comment was a feeling that any of us could call ourselves PF Sufferer if we wanted to say something but didn't want others to know who said it, and I wondered if something like that was going on, as PFS was doing an analysis of someone else's character.