Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pauline

Posted by Tammie on 5/20/01 at 21:27 (048423)

Hello,
I just wanted to say I hope that you start to feel better soon! I really do you must be in some horrible pain and must not have many friends and I do not say this meanly! I just think that you are so very intelligent that it is such a waste to cry out in anger over everything! You should really stick to the kind advice and kind words of encouragement that I have seen you give , you have so much good in you and you are blessed with a gift of knowledge but you must use it wisley and not overuse it! We have to figure out how to get past the anger u seem to have with certain people, why does it matter to you what they say or do , forget them and the fire that seems to get to u . They are people to and we all have our faults, I for one am very very far from perfect so that makes me a human being with feelings right! So are you and so are they! There can we ever get past this nitpicking back and forth? It seems to end up in all areas and gets confusing! I dont like fighting I want to see people happy and making use of what the good lord gave us, the ability to turn the other cheek and to go on with life and help our fellowman.So here we are and my sermon is done , I just get so darn sad to hear the turmoil all the time anymore. I Like everyone but does not mean I have to agree with everyone but I can keep that to myself and not try to hurt someone delibertly! May the sun come out for you and dry all your tears, and give you the strength to turn away from the words that anger you and find a way to comfort someone in its place. Sending you a smile and a hug as I feel as tho maybe you need one! I hope I did not say anything insensitive as I would never do that or hurt anyone on purpose!

Re: Pauline

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 07:31 (048438)

Pauline, I just want to say that I echo SOME of Tammy's sentiments, especially that you were blessed with the gift of knowledge and when you use it to help others, your best side shines through. I also want to say that this board is quickly getting boring for some of us who have 'stuck with it'. I, for one, only visit this site and read my emails. I come here for information sharing regarding this disease I have called plantar faciitis and heel spurs. I do not come here day after day for petty insults or to read someone's 'stuff' if they have axes to grind.

Isn't there some other site where you can get some of your frustration out besides here?

This site is becoming uninteresting and boring due to your attacking others and I'm almost to the point where I am ready to check myself out of here just like Barbara TX and others have.

I'm adding fuel to the fire by chiming in but YOU HAVE TAKEN SOMETHING VERY PRECIOUS FROM ME that I value (joy in using this website) and I am beginning to feel angry towards you, too. I'm sure your third foul is just a day or two away, so I would just say that I hope you can find some happiness when you leave us. Have a great summer in Europe. Try some yoga and breathing exercises and try to rid yourself of the hate in your heart and find the true goodness that we all know is there.

Julie on 5/22/01 at 03:08 (048544)

Don't go, Cynthia. We need you here.

I felt as you do a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't bring myself to read or post for a little while. But I decided to stay, despite the problems you so accurately describe, because I learn things here, and have knowledge, experience and support to offer. So do you. I'm not going to let myself get sidetracked by the occasional sniping, and I hope you, and others, don't either. It's really a very small proportion of what goes on here.

You know what Bing Crosby said/sang - 'Gonna accentuate the positive...'

Let's try to remember that whenever a frustrated little barb is thrown. I know it hits everybody, not just the person it's aimed at, but let's try to shrug it off and remember what we're here for.

Cynthia D on 5/22/01 at 11:38 (048575)

I agree, but month after month it just gets tiring. I wish I could be like you and just stay focused on helping others, especially the new posters. I am totally addicted to coming here because this site has helped me and others so much, so I can't stay away, maybe just a little break is in order.

Cynthia D on 5/21/01 at 07:31 (048438)

Pauline, I just want to say that I echo SOME of Tammy's sentiments, especially that you were blessed with the gift of knowledge and when you use it to help others, your best side shines through. I also want to say that this board is quickly getting boring for some of us who have 'stuck with it'. I, for one, only visit this site and read my emails. I come here for information sharing regarding this disease I have called plantar faciitis and heel spurs. I do not come here day after day for petty insults or to read someone's 'stuff' if they have axes to grind.

Isn't there some other site where you can get some of your frustration out besides here?

This site is becoming uninteresting and boring due to your attacking others and I'm almost to the point where I am ready to check myself out of here just like Barbara TX and others have.

I'm adding fuel to the fire by chiming in but YOU HAVE TAKEN SOMETHING VERY PRECIOUS FROM ME that I value (joy in using this website) and I am beginning to feel angry towards you, too. I'm sure your third foul is just a day or two away, so I would just say that I hope you can find some happiness when you leave us. Have a great summer in Europe. Try some yoga and breathing exercises and try to rid yourself of the hate in your heart and find the true goodness that we all know is there.

Julie on 5/22/01 at 03:08 (048544)

Don't go, Cynthia. We need you here.

I felt as you do a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't bring myself to read or post for a little while. But I decided to stay, despite the problems you so accurately describe, because I learn things here, and have knowledge, experience and support to offer. So do you. I'm not going to let myself get sidetracked by the occasional sniping, and I hope you, and others, don't either. It's really a very small proportion of what goes on here.

You know what Bing Crosby said/sang - 'Gonna accentuate the positive...'

Let's try to remember that whenever a frustrated little barb is thrown. I know it hits everybody, not just the person it's aimed at, but let's try to shrug it off and remember what we're here for.

Cynthia D on 5/22/01 at 11:38 (048575)

I agree, but month after month it just gets tiring. I wish I could be like you and just stay focused on helping others, especially the new posters. I am totally addicted to coming here because this site has helped me and others so much, so I can't stay away, maybe just a little break is in order.