Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Posted by Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 13:14 (048470)

Hi Julie,

Well I got some good news I think. The telephone interview my husband had with the guy in London went very well. He's very interested in him, and wants to fly in from London to NY to meet him hopefully sometimes next week, and they would cover the expenses up to NY. I started to panic, but then he said it's a global project, and he can choose to work in New York, Tokyo, or the London office if he wants. My husband knows how I feel about leaving the country right now, so of course he said New York would be fine, and they may just require him to go to London occasionally. We can always migrate to London later, and it would be much easier from NY, because of the distance. I have a brother, and several friends I haven't seen in years, so I would really enjoy living there for a while. I could stll get the ART treatment also. I may even be able to visit Dr.Z.

I wonder if the rentals are still really high in NY, like the London market. The real estate prices I mentioned in London were just for medium size 2-3 bedroom flats. I can't even imagine what a detached or semi detached house price in London must be. I hope they come down, because he really wants to go back to the UK. I know he's not crazy about working in NY. Hopefully the prices will drop somewhat in the next year or two.

As far as the orthotics I haven't heard of C-1. Do you know if that is the name of the orthotic type, or the lab itself?

Well, you made me feel better about the trainers, and I know I shouldn't care what people think, and just be glad that I can walk. But it was true about the reactions I got in the uppity neigborhoods, and shops.

My nerves are really on end, and I may be getting all excited for nothing. This could all fall through. I'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers! Donna

Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

JudyS on 5/21/01 at 13:21 (048473)

Donna - forgive me for slipping in to this thread between you and Julie....I just wanted to say that it sure seems OK, to me, for your nerves to be on end! The idea of moving, much less abroad, is one of the highest stress producers there is so go ahead and let yourself be human! And don't forget just what a terrific human you are, anyway!

Re: To Judy Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 13:35 (048475)

Judy,

Thanks so much. That was such a sweet thing to say.

Maybe all this stress will take my mind of my feet.

Re: To Judy Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Helene M on 5/21/01 at 13:56 (048476)

Donna, please excuse me, too, for barging in on your discussion. However, I live in N.Y. & I had just finished researching the ART drs. here when I read your post. I found only six names but won't know if any have the 'lower extremity' certification until I call. I'll let you know what I come up with if you're interested. I really appreciate all of your positive posts on ART & that was what encouraged me to look into this.

Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Nancy N on 5/21/01 at 14:05 (048477)

Donna--

I also want to slip in here and say how exciting I think this opportunity is for you. I know you're not as excited about it as I am, but living in the UK has been a dream of mine for so long that I can't even tell you when it started--so you'll have to forgive my enthusiasm. I got a taste of it 5 years ago, when I spent 6 months in Northern Ireland, but I've just recently decided that it's time to really put some effort in and see if I can figure out a way to make my dream come true on a more permanent basis. Teaching may be a way to go, though I'm not sure what credentials I'll need (this is where the 'effort' part comes in!) or how long I should reasonably expect it to take. Right now, I'm figuring two years, but that's just a guess.

Anyway, best of luck to you, whatever happens. I'm enjoying the opportunity to follow your story.

Nancy

Re: Helene: To Judy Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 14:39 (048479)

Hi Helene,

The ART institute will tell you who has the lower body cert. They gave my my chiros name. I'm going to ask him if he knows anyone in NY today, because he had to train in the East Coast. I'm running late, and rushing to get ready for my appointment with him soon, but if I have time I may call the institute tomorrow, and ask about the NY area. Also I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

I know there is a number to call if you look at:

http://www.activerelease.com/

Re: To Helene Two NY ART Chiros - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 22:31 (048527)

Helene,

I asked my chiropractor if he had any names for you. He said he knows two wonderful chiros in N.Y. He said they are also both instructors, and are much more experienced them him, and I think my guy is great. He said they are both in New York NY. The first one's name is
Dr. Robert DeStefano. He gave me his card. He also has an office in NJ, and he only had the NJ card, but if you call they will give you the NY number. His number on the card is (973) 777 9040.

The second one is Dr. John Schneider. He didn't have his card, but I found his number om the ART database. by plugging a NY zip code in. His number is (212) 249 7790.

I also noticed a cbiro by the name of Dr. Gill Chimes who said that he has a lower body cert. A lot of times they don't mention their certs on the database even though they are certified in lower body, so you have to call. He said he knew of someone else, but couldn't remember his name at the time, so maybe this is him.

If you can get with one of the above that he recommended that are also instructors, they would be your best bet, because he said you would be insured a gentle touch. Not that others may also be gentle, but they are always reinforcing that.

Please give the ART a try. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Let me know what happens.

Re: Nancy UK Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 01:37 (048536)

Hi Nancy,

Are you definitly planning to move to the UK? Would it be to Ireland? I've never been to Northern Ireland, but was in Southern Ireland around 10 years Ago. You spent a long time there. The main thing that I remember were tons of sheep dyed all different pastel colors dotting the hillsides.

My husband is English, but his parents live in Scotland now, and I've visited there many times. It is breathtaking, but they don't dye their sheep. Ha Ha. Just tons of Shaun looking sheep, and Highland cows (hairy cows) everywhere. Also, there are so many castles, and so much history. We drove from Scotland down to London, stopping in some English towns along the way. He took all these back roads through the English country side, and it was one the most incredible sceneries. There were endless hills of every shade of green imaginable, It was almost sureal. That's when I really fell in love with the UK. I also felt very safe there. No hand guns are allowed. London is very busy, and crowded, but it is a wonderful, and fun city. I am excited about going, and would love to be settled in one place already, but would just like to have the time to plan things out.

One of my husbands sisters (he has four) is a teacher. I think she is working in Kent. I don't speak to her often, but when I do I'll ask her about the teaching market. If you don't mind giving me some of your background that would help. One of his sister's, and husband live France. The others two are in Scotland.

Who knows? Maybe one day you, me, and Julie will meet up in the UK. We can go into business, and open a foot comfort chain of stores.

Donna

Re: PS. To Nancy UK Job search boards

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 02:14 (048537)

Nancy,

My husband just gave me several job search board sites for the UK that you could look at to get a feel for the job market there.

http://www.jobserve.co.uk
http://www.jobtube.co.uk
http://uk.classifieds.yahoo.com/uk/emp/
http://certifynow.co.uk/index.asp?cc=/jobs
http://www.planetrecruit.com/channel/int/

Re: Good morning Donna and everyone

Julie on 5/22/01 at 06:33 (048548)

I get home late from teaching on Monday evenings so I never check what's going on out there in cyberspace till Tuesday morning, and what do I find now that I'm back? You and Nancy and I are going to start a chain of foot comfort shops.... and who knows what else. How nice!

What really pleases me is that you're sounding happy about your coming emigration, Donna. Judy is right - it's natural to feel anxious. But with an English husband, and exciting prospects, you have everything to look forward to. And I'm sure you will love it here.

And the transition via New York sounds good too.

I'm glad I managed to reassure you about trainers. Speaking of which, I bought a new pair yesterday. They're made by Merrell and are more foot-shaped (ie wide at the front, which I need) than any other I've come upon. Unfortunately they're a very light gray, which will get dirty in no time in stony, dusty Crete, but that's ok as long we they they work for me.

All the best, Julie

Re: To Nancy re emigration

Julie on 5/22/01 at 06:38 (048549)

Nancy, are you really getting closer to fulfilling your dream? That would be wonderful!

I don't know what your credentials would need to be, but the situation here is that there is a desperate need for teachers, so you might find an easy way in. So many are leaving the profession because of the increasing bureaucracy - that, and low pay, are deterring people from entering it.

Outside the system, I think you'd find it fairly easy to get work as a teacher of English as a foreign language if you wanted to do that.

Good luck!

Re: Nancy UK Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Nancy N on 5/22/01 at 08:41 (048558)

Well... I guess I should use the word 'definitely,' as scary as it is. I have decided that I have two years to figure out how to do it (otherwise, I'll wake up one morning and it'll be ten years from now and I'll never have gone anywhere). I've had a love affair with the UK since I was very small, and it's only gotten stronger over the years.

I would love to see Northern Ireland again (and visit my friends there), but I really think I want to be near London this time. It is the only city I feel absolutely certain I could live in and be happy. I don't necessarily have to be in the city, but I want to be within easy distance of it (able to get on the tube to get around).

As for teaching, right now I am trying to get my first proper teaching job. The most promising opportunity may be at a local private school where I'd be teaching three computer applications classes and doing tech support the rest of the day. I am not fully certified to teach at the moment, which is hampering my efforts, but fortunately, that doesn't matter to the private schools. I don't know what I would need to be eligible to teach abroad at this point, but I've found a site that offers a CD with lots of info about teaching abroad, and I figure $30 isn't that huge an investment, especially if it helps me get where I want to go. So I'll probably be checking that out, too. Teaching anywhere, even in a private school, will certainly help me find public school jobs in the US, so hopefully the same would be true abroad. Right now, I do tech support work, so the career change is not easy.

But of course, if we all go into business together, then I'm set! :)

Nancy N on 5/22/01 at 08:46 (048559)

Julie, I had this wave of 'want to move to London'-itis come over me about a week ago and realized that I'll never be in a better position to do it, so it's time to either fish or cut bait, as they say. I've given myself a deadline to make sure that I pay attention and don't just complacently go about my day-to-day life and then wonder where the dream went. Part of me feels guilty, like I already had my chance and am greedy if I ask for more, but while I can live with looking back on my life and seeing that I never had an acting career, or wrote a bestseller, knowing that I never made an effort to move to the UK would break my heart. So while I'm having a very hard time looking at my condo, which I love, and all the things I've filled it with, and knowing that a lot of them will have to go into storage or will just plain be useless to me if I go... I keep reminding myself that if you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs. I have every faith that it'll all be worth it in the end, if I manage to find a way to make this happen!

Did I mention that the headmaster at the school I interviewed with last week spent 14 years as headmaster of an American school outside London? I nearly fainted when I heard that. I desperately wanted to ask him about the process of teaching in that kind of school, but didn't think a job interview was a good time to do it! If I don't get the job, I plan to phone him up and see if he'll meet with me again on that subject, and if I do get the job, I figure I'll wait a year or two before I start to ask those kinds of questions. But at least I know of a local resource person now!

Re: To Helene Two NY ART Chiros - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Helene M on 5/22/01 at 08:47 (048560)

Hi Donna. Thanks so much for the information. I had already gotten those names from the ART website and now I want to call a few. You're right, only one said 'lower body certification'. However, I've been waiting for my neurologist appointment on May 29. I want to do that first. I want to make sure the neurologist rules out anything serious & that it's ok to pursue ART. I will also ask him about ART although I wonder if he will even know what it is! I'm hoping this dr. is good. I've haven't had much luck with picking drs. this year. I've already typed up my history for him to save time. I'll keep you posted.

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 14:04 (048585)

Hi Helene,

My chiros name is Dr. Allen Wood.

I'm glad your're seeing a neurologist. His main function will be to rule out any neurological disease process causing this. I wouldn't count on him knowing anything about ART though, or even encouraging you to try it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be very surprised. He might understand more if you say it's something like myofascial release. Most doctors are very ignorant about it. They think it is just type of massage, and don't understand what it can do. My neurologist just wanted me to get a cortisone shot, and sort of gave me a snide look when I mentioned ART. I'm glad my pod, and chiro talked me out of the cortisone for now, because at this point it doesn't seem like I'm going to need it. I don't remember if you got Vioxx or not, but I would highly recommmend that you ask for it. I'm only taking 25 mg a day.

I also saw a physiatrist who is an MD, and his specialty is physical medicine, and rehab. He has extensive experience with with nerve problems, and works in a Sports medicine facility. He fully understands ART, and it's power to remove adhesions, and nerve entrapment, and highly recommended it as a first line of treatment. He also was against cortisone shots, and thought I could always try that as a last resort if other conservative treatments didn't work.

The last week or so, I've been between a 0 and 1 pain level in my heels, ankle area, and feet. Also the burning feeling is gone. My arches, (and my heel slightly) got a little inflammed a few days ago when I decided to try on a bunch of different shoes all in one day, so I know I'm not out of the woods yet. My chiro said I still have some adhesions on my fascia, and feels he will be able to get rid of all of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. He still is stressing that I try to get some type of orthotic to support my cavus feet. But, by him initially relieving the tension in my fascia, it enabled me to wear soft padded spencos instead of my plastic orthotics which I think helped take the pressure off the nerves too. Months ago the spencos would have killed me, because they were too soft, and pulled on the tight fascia. My pod is making an orthotic with less correction out of semi-flexible plastic which I prefer. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'm going to ask for additional padding under the heel. If they still feel too hard he's going to make a pair out of EVA. If the custom orthotics don't feel right I'll continue just wearing the OTC spencos cross-training inserts, or some other OTC cushioned insert with tape.

I'm seeing this physiatrist on Thursday again to get and EMG to make sure the muscles are ok. I only had a nerve conduction test last time. I'll ask him about accupuncture, and other forms of conservative care he ususally recommends. Right now though I feel the ART is responsible for 90% of my improvement, and the Vioxx helped speed up the reduction of the inflammation. I'm glad I started the ART, way before the Vioxx, because I would had always wondered which was really helping. But, if you are very imflammed, I would recommend not delaying taking the Vioxx, along with starting the ART, as soon as possible.

Keep me posted on things.

Donna

JudyS on 5/21/01 at 13:21 (048473)

Donna - forgive me for slipping in to this thread between you and Julie....I just wanted to say that it sure seems OK, to me, for your nerves to be on end! The idea of moving, much less abroad, is one of the highest stress producers there is so go ahead and let yourself be human! And don't forget just what a terrific human you are, anyway!

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 13:35 (048475)

Judy,

Thanks so much. That was such a sweet thing to say.

Maybe all this stress will take my mind of my feet.

Helene M on 5/21/01 at 13:56 (048476)

Donna, please excuse me, too, for barging in on your discussion. However, I live in N.Y. & I had just finished researching the ART drs. here when I read your post. I found only six names but won't know if any have the 'lower extremity' certification until I call. I'll let you know what I come up with if you're interested. I really appreciate all of your positive posts on ART & that was what encouraged me to look into this.

Nancy N on 5/21/01 at 14:05 (048477)

Donna--

I also want to slip in here and say how exciting I think this opportunity is for you. I know you're not as excited about it as I am, but living in the UK has been a dream of mine for so long that I can't even tell you when it started--so you'll have to forgive my enthusiasm. I got a taste of it 5 years ago, when I spent 6 months in Northern Ireland, but I've just recently decided that it's time to really put some effort in and see if I can figure out a way to make my dream come true on a more permanent basis. Teaching may be a way to go, though I'm not sure what credentials I'll need (this is where the 'effort' part comes in!) or how long I should reasonably expect it to take. Right now, I'm figuring two years, but that's just a guess.

Anyway, best of luck to you, whatever happens. I'm enjoying the opportunity to follow your story.

Nancy

Re: Helene: To Judy Re: To Julie - continuation from Insert/Ortho board orthotics while you wait msg 5-21

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 14:39 (048479)

Hi Helene,

The ART institute will tell you who has the lower body cert. They gave my my chiros name. I'm going to ask him if he knows anyone in NY today, because he had to train in the East Coast. I'm running late, and rushing to get ready for my appointment with him soon, but if I have time I may call the institute tomorrow, and ask about the NY area. Also I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

I know there is a number to call if you look at:

http://www.activerelease.com/

Donna SL on 5/21/01 at 22:31 (048527)

Helene,

I asked my chiropractor if he had any names for you. He said he knows two wonderful chiros in N.Y. He said they are also both instructors, and are much more experienced them him, and I think my guy is great. He said they are both in New York NY. The first one's name is
Dr. Robert DeStefano. He gave me his card. He also has an office in NJ, and he only had the NJ card, but if you call they will give you the NY number. His number on the card is (973) 777 9040.

The second one is Dr. John Schneider. He didn't have his card, but I found his number om the ART database. by plugging a NY zip code in. His number is (212) 249 7790.

I also noticed a cbiro by the name of Dr. Gill Chimes who said that he has a lower body cert. A lot of times they don't mention their certs on the database even though they are certified in lower body, so you have to call. He said he knew of someone else, but couldn't remember his name at the time, so maybe this is him.

If you can get with one of the above that he recommended that are also instructors, they would be your best bet, because he said you would be insured a gentle touch. Not that others may also be gentle, but they are always reinforcing that.

Please give the ART a try. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Let me know what happens.

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 01:37 (048536)

Hi Nancy,

Are you definitly planning to move to the UK? Would it be to Ireland? I've never been to Northern Ireland, but was in Southern Ireland around 10 years Ago. You spent a long time there. The main thing that I remember were tons of sheep dyed all different pastel colors dotting the hillsides.

My husband is English, but his parents live in Scotland now, and I've visited there many times. It is breathtaking, but they don't dye their sheep. Ha Ha. Just tons of Shaun looking sheep, and Highland cows (hairy cows) everywhere. Also, there are so many castles, and so much history. We drove from Scotland down to London, stopping in some English towns along the way. He took all these back roads through the English country side, and it was one the most incredible sceneries. There were endless hills of every shade of green imaginable, It was almost sureal. That's when I really fell in love with the UK. I also felt very safe there. No hand guns are allowed. London is very busy, and crowded, but it is a wonderful, and fun city. I am excited about going, and would love to be settled in one place already, but would just like to have the time to plan things out.

One of my husbands sisters (he has four) is a teacher. I think she is working in Kent. I don't speak to her often, but when I do I'll ask her about the teaching market. If you don't mind giving me some of your background that would help. One of his sister's, and husband live France. The others two are in Scotland.

Who knows? Maybe one day you, me, and Julie will meet up in the UK. We can go into business, and open a foot comfort chain of stores.

Donna

Re: PS. To Nancy UK Job search boards

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 02:14 (048537)

Nancy,

My husband just gave me several job search board sites for the UK that you could look at to get a feel for the job market there.

http://www.jobserve.co.uk
http://www.jobtube.co.uk
http://uk.classifieds.yahoo.com/uk/emp/
http://certifynow.co.uk/index.asp?cc=/jobs
http://www.planetrecruit.com/channel/int/

Re: Good morning Donna and everyone

Julie on 5/22/01 at 06:33 (048548)

I get home late from teaching on Monday evenings so I never check what's going on out there in cyberspace till Tuesday morning, and what do I find now that I'm back? You and Nancy and I are going to start a chain of foot comfort shops.... and who knows what else. How nice!

What really pleases me is that you're sounding happy about your coming emigration, Donna. Judy is right - it's natural to feel anxious. But with an English husband, and exciting prospects, you have everything to look forward to. And I'm sure you will love it here.

And the transition via New York sounds good too.

I'm glad I managed to reassure you about trainers. Speaking of which, I bought a new pair yesterday. They're made by Merrell and are more foot-shaped (ie wide at the front, which I need) than any other I've come upon. Unfortunately they're a very light gray, which will get dirty in no time in stony, dusty Crete, but that's ok as long we they they work for me.

All the best, Julie

Julie on 5/22/01 at 06:38 (048549)

Nancy, are you really getting closer to fulfilling your dream? That would be wonderful!

I don't know what your credentials would need to be, but the situation here is that there is a desperate need for teachers, so you might find an easy way in. So many are leaving the profession because of the increasing bureaucracy - that, and low pay, are deterring people from entering it.

Outside the system, I think you'd find it fairly easy to get work as a teacher of English as a foreign language if you wanted to do that.

Good luck!

Nancy N on 5/22/01 at 08:41 (048558)

Well... I guess I should use the word 'definitely,' as scary as it is. I have decided that I have two years to figure out how to do it (otherwise, I'll wake up one morning and it'll be ten years from now and I'll never have gone anywhere). I've had a love affair with the UK since I was very small, and it's only gotten stronger over the years.

I would love to see Northern Ireland again (and visit my friends there), but I really think I want to be near London this time. It is the only city I feel absolutely certain I could live in and be happy. I don't necessarily have to be in the city, but I want to be within easy distance of it (able to get on the tube to get around).

As for teaching, right now I am trying to get my first proper teaching job. The most promising opportunity may be at a local private school where I'd be teaching three computer applications classes and doing tech support the rest of the day. I am not fully certified to teach at the moment, which is hampering my efforts, but fortunately, that doesn't matter to the private schools. I don't know what I would need to be eligible to teach abroad at this point, but I've found a site that offers a CD with lots of info about teaching abroad, and I figure $30 isn't that huge an investment, especially if it helps me get where I want to go. So I'll probably be checking that out, too. Teaching anywhere, even in a private school, will certainly help me find public school jobs in the US, so hopefully the same would be true abroad. Right now, I do tech support work, so the career change is not easy.

But of course, if we all go into business together, then I'm set! :)

Nancy N on 5/22/01 at 08:46 (048559)

Julie, I had this wave of 'want to move to London'-itis come over me about a week ago and realized that I'll never be in a better position to do it, so it's time to either fish or cut bait, as they say. I've given myself a deadline to make sure that I pay attention and don't just complacently go about my day-to-day life and then wonder where the dream went. Part of me feels guilty, like I already had my chance and am greedy if I ask for more, but while I can live with looking back on my life and seeing that I never had an acting career, or wrote a bestseller, knowing that I never made an effort to move to the UK would break my heart. So while I'm having a very hard time looking at my condo, which I love, and all the things I've filled it with, and knowing that a lot of them will have to go into storage or will just plain be useless to me if I go... I keep reminding myself that if you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs. I have every faith that it'll all be worth it in the end, if I manage to find a way to make this happen!

Did I mention that the headmaster at the school I interviewed with last week spent 14 years as headmaster of an American school outside London? I nearly fainted when I heard that. I desperately wanted to ask him about the process of teaching in that kind of school, but didn't think a job interview was a good time to do it! If I don't get the job, I plan to phone him up and see if he'll meet with me again on that subject, and if I do get the job, I figure I'll wait a year or two before I start to ask those kinds of questions. But at least I know of a local resource person now!

Helene M on 5/22/01 at 08:47 (048560)

Hi Donna. Thanks so much for the information. I had already gotten those names from the ART website and now I want to call a few. You're right, only one said 'lower body certification'. However, I've been waiting for my neurologist appointment on May 29. I want to do that first. I want to make sure the neurologist rules out anything serious & that it's ok to pursue ART. I will also ask him about ART although I wonder if he will even know what it is! I'm hoping this dr. is good. I've haven't had much luck with picking drs. this year. I've already typed up my history for him to save time. I'll keep you posted.

Donna SL on 5/22/01 at 14:04 (048585)

Hi Helene,

My chiros name is Dr. Allen Wood.

I'm glad your're seeing a neurologist. His main function will be to rule out any neurological disease process causing this. I wouldn't count on him knowing anything about ART though, or even encouraging you to try it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be very surprised. He might understand more if you say it's something like myofascial release. Most doctors are very ignorant about it. They think it is just type of massage, and don't understand what it can do. My neurologist just wanted me to get a cortisone shot, and sort of gave me a snide look when I mentioned ART. I'm glad my pod, and chiro talked me out of the cortisone for now, because at this point it doesn't seem like I'm going to need it. I don't remember if you got Vioxx or not, but I would highly recommmend that you ask for it. I'm only taking 25 mg a day.

I also saw a physiatrist who is an MD, and his specialty is physical medicine, and rehab. He has extensive experience with with nerve problems, and works in a Sports medicine facility. He fully understands ART, and it's power to remove adhesions, and nerve entrapment, and highly recommended it as a first line of treatment. He also was against cortisone shots, and thought I could always try that as a last resort if other conservative treatments didn't work.

The last week or so, I've been between a 0 and 1 pain level in my heels, ankle area, and feet. Also the burning feeling is gone. My arches, (and my heel slightly) got a little inflammed a few days ago when I decided to try on a bunch of different shoes all in one day, so I know I'm not out of the woods yet. My chiro said I still have some adhesions on my fascia, and feels he will be able to get rid of all of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. He still is stressing that I try to get some type of orthotic to support my cavus feet. But, by him initially relieving the tension in my fascia, it enabled me to wear soft padded spencos instead of my plastic orthotics which I think helped take the pressure off the nerves too. Months ago the spencos would have killed me, because they were too soft, and pulled on the tight fascia. My pod is making an orthotic with less correction out of semi-flexible plastic which I prefer. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'm going to ask for additional padding under the heel. If they still feel too hard he's going to make a pair out of EVA. If the custom orthotics don't feel right I'll continue just wearing the OTC spencos cross-training inserts, or some other OTC cushioned insert with tape.

I'm seeing this physiatrist on Thursday again to get and EMG to make sure the muscles are ok. I only had a nerve conduction test last time. I'll ask him about accupuncture, and other forms of conservative care he ususally recommends. Right now though I feel the ART is responsible for 90% of my improvement, and the Vioxx helped speed up the reduction of the inflammation. I'm glad I started the ART, way before the Vioxx, because I would had always wondered which was really helping. But, if you are very imflammed, I would recommend not delaying taking the Vioxx, along with starting the ART, as soon as possible.

Keep me posted on things.

Donna