Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot/leg/and lower back pain

Posted by bradyrbn on 5/21/01 at 21:59 (048523)

i had surgery on my facia and a nerve entrapment clipped/ i am working 4 hr.s a day/ when i am home in the evenings i can barely walk/ now my left foot is showing signs as the right foot before i had surgery/ my employer wants me to go back full time/i am a hair dresser and i think there is no way i can do this/ will this condition improve/ i had the surgery in january/ bradyrbn

Re: foot/leg/and lower back pain

bradyrbn on 5/21/01 at 22:18 (048525)

i also have an enflamed nerve in my foot/ i am taking effexor once a day/if i am late taking the effexor i can barely stand the burning in my foot and leg/ will this ever go away? bradyrbn

kavi, B on 5/21/01 at hrmin (048531)

back in aug i had surgery for the removal of a nuroma in the right foot. RIght after surgery i still felt like there was a large lump there and told this to the dr -- he said scar tissue and this continued each week till he had inserts made and returned me to work in jan I kept having alot of pain in that foot and feeling like i was walking on a large lump so I went to a different dr who felt that there may of been 2 not one and in aprial he removed a large nuroma from deep in the foot. The problem is that that foot is soooo sore and there is so much scar tissue and the one toe has no feeling in it at all and i am still walking on a swellen area and i can not drive for the pain or walk much. He has given 2 injections now for the scar tissue and he saids that i have no fat pad covering the bone under the toe and that is causing pain also. Is there any hope for this foot -- can lazor surgery do any good to remove scar tissue -- why does it not feel any better -- i feel like i am never going to walk with out alot of pain . I am waiting for inserts to try to relieve the presure on that area -- till now no one is saying if anything else can be done -- can u please help me -- Thank u sooo much

Re: foot pain -- help

Kavi, B on 5/22/01 at hrmin (048602)

helpppppppp -- i had 2 surgerys on the right foot in less then 1 year in the same area to remove nuroma -- it has been 8 weeks sinse surgery and the foot is unbearable most of the time -- I am worried as i am suppose to return to work someday. THey have tried injections to reduce the scar tissue but i still feel like there is a swelling i am walking on and it is painful. THey are going to cast the foot for an insert into the shoe but so far i can not drive and i can not walk more then a few feet at a time -- is here any help. What can i expect . Is it possible that this will remain as it is and if so is there perminent disability or what :-( I wish to know if anyone has any answers of what i can do . I am feeeling like a handicaped person these days needing a chair if i have to do any real walking -- please give me some answers -- Kavi

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/22/01 at 22:20 (048607)

May need an mri to rule out a metatarsal stress fracture. May need to inject the area with alchol scerotic solution. Get the mri first to see what is going on there.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 17:23 (048809)

If you have a plantarflexed metatarsal or a metatarsal with a hypertrophied head, it might be causing too much presure on the nerve under the metatarsal head. This can be especialy true if there is a thinned fat pad. If this is the case, I have found that a metatarsal osteotomy that allows the head of the metatarsal to be lifted up can some times be the answer to this problem. Dr. B.

bradyrbn on 5/21/01 at 22:18 (048525)

i also have an enflamed nerve in my foot/ i am taking effexor once a day/if i am late taking the effexor i can barely stand the burning in my foot and leg/ will this ever go away? bradyrbn

kavi, B on 5/21/01 at hrmin (048531)

back in aug i had surgery for the removal of a nuroma in the right foot. RIght after surgery i still felt like there was a large lump there and told this to the dr -- he said scar tissue and this continued each week till he had inserts made and returned me to work in jan I kept having alot of pain in that foot and feeling like i was walking on a large lump so I went to a different dr who felt that there may of been 2 not one and in aprial he removed a large nuroma from deep in the foot. The problem is that that foot is soooo sore and there is so much scar tissue and the one toe has no feeling in it at all and i am still walking on a swellen area and i can not drive for the pain or walk much. He has given 2 injections now for the scar tissue and he saids that i have no fat pad covering the bone under the toe and that is causing pain also. Is there any hope for this foot -- can lazor surgery do any good to remove scar tissue -- why does it not feel any better -- i feel like i am never going to walk with out alot of pain . I am waiting for inserts to try to relieve the presure on that area -- till now no one is saying if anything else can be done -- can u please help me -- Thank u sooo much

Kavi, B on 5/22/01 at hrmin (048602)

helpppppppp -- i had 2 surgerys on the right foot in less then 1 year in the same area to remove nuroma -- it has been 8 weeks sinse surgery and the foot is unbearable most of the time -- I am worried as i am suppose to return to work someday. THey have tried injections to reduce the scar tissue but i still feel like there is a swelling i am walking on and it is painful. THey are going to cast the foot for an insert into the shoe but so far i can not drive and i can not walk more then a few feet at a time -- is here any help. What can i expect . Is it possible that this will remain as it is and if so is there perminent disability or what :-( I wish to know if anyone has any answers of what i can do . I am feeeling like a handicaped person these days needing a chair if i have to do any real walking -- please give me some answers -- Kavi

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/22/01 at 22:20 (048607)

May need an mri to rule out a metatarsal stress fracture. May need to inject the area with alchol scerotic solution. Get the mri first to see what is going on there.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 17:23 (048809)

If you have a plantarflexed metatarsal or a metatarsal with a hypertrophied head, it might be causing too much presure on the nerve under the metatarsal head. This can be especialy true if there is a thinned fat pad. If this is the case, I have found that a metatarsal osteotomy that allows the head of the metatarsal to be lifted up can some times be the answer to this problem. Dr. B.