Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron Recovery shoe

Posted by Donna SL on 5/23/01 at 03:07 (048621)

Everyone's getting in on the act. A New Balance retailer is advertising one of the New Balance shoes as an Ossatron recovery shoe.

Scroll down to the features and benefits on the web page.

http://www.newbalancechicago.com/detail.asp?style=W1121MC

Re: Ossatron Recovery shoe

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 07:01 (048629)

STill shank shoe is what you want for any type of heel pain treatment.

Nancy N on 5/23/01 at 08:35 (048636)

That is the same shoe I got from the pedorthist (except that my feet are big enough that I needed a men's size). I can say that it's a very durable shoe (so far) and the motion control is great--though perhaps not so great for those who don't pronate. Overall, though, I like the shoe.

john h on 5/23/01 at 09:39 (048641)

my ossatron recovery shoe consist of a beefeaters martinii, stirred not shaken, with one olive. works every time.

JudyS on 5/23/01 at 10:55 (048647)

Wow - that kind of advertising tends to make me wonder. By who's expertise (not stated) is that shoe recommended for post-Ossatron recovery? Isn't that similar to saying that the shoe is recommended for post-surgical, or post-any treatment recovery? The one thing we know, as PF sufferers, is that NB shoes are pretty good for PF sufferers but it seems like they're going a little 'out there' to make what seems to be a medical claim. Maybe I'm reading too much in to it?

Re: New Balance Shoes

Camilla on 5/23/01 at 17:31 (048685)

Consider the on-line site for RoadRunner.com. It's the most reasonable pricing I have found. I purchased a pair of shoes through RoadRunner and they didn't fit right...I was able to exchange them at a New Balance Retail store in St. Louis.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 20:01 (048705)

Maybe I can get them to say post orbasone. Very strange advertizement

Kurt Kaufman on 5/23/01 at 21:03 (048710)

Healthtronics knows that after ESWT treatment it is very important for success that the patient wears the correct shoes. Remember that plantar fasciitis is not only an inflammatory condition but also a mechanical problem. ESWT treats the injured tissue but the patient must still wear good shoes with excellent support. As one of the original trainers for the Ossatron I was asked to work with the people at New Balance Web Express to help evaluate the best shoes possible for post ESWT treatment. New balance did not seek Healthtronics out, Healthtronics chose New Balance because of their excellent line of shoes. After 6 months of work in picking shoes we have come up with several price ranges of shoes that the patient can pick from in order to increase post treatment success. Actually the site has not been released to the public but you can preview the site at http://www.newbalancewebexpress.com/healthtronics/
Not only do they recommend shoes for post treatment but a rubber sandal for showering. It is important after ESWT to wear a supportive shower sandal.
Once again Healthtronics is at the forefront of patient care by trying to take care of all the patients needs. Before everyone thinks that this is some kind of money maker for Healthtronics,it is not. I know as a fact that Healthtronics makes no money from this partnership and in fact is underwriting some of the costs.
Kurt Kaufman

Re: One shoe suits all? Really?

Julie on 5/24/01 at 02:15 (048734)

Kurt, this is an interesting line of thought, and it's good to be reminded that PF is a biomechanical problem and that we'll all need to wear good supportive shoes after symptoms are resolved. But is it wise, and is it doing PF sufferers any favours, to encourage the notion that one make of shoe is going to be the answer for all? I don't think you can blame people for being a little sceptical.

john h on 5/24/01 at 09:54 (048763)

i have been using the NB 850 cross trainer series for about 5 years. currently use the 853. the rollbar is also a help for people with Hallux Limitus/Rigidus as stated by my orthopedic surgeon. it would seem people who have ESWT should be wearing such shoes not only after ESWT but before ESWT. i am not sure these shoes help 'cure' pf but they maybe keep it from getting any worse.

john h on 5/24/01 at 09:59 (048765)

i am not sure anyone really knows the cause of pf or that there is only one cause. there are many theories out there including inflamed fascia,microtears in fascia, biomechanical, heredity, overweight,age, over activity,trapped nerves, spurs, blood flow,etc,etc,etc. probably there is a multitude of causes like cancer and that explains why no one treatment works for everyone. no one really knows where the pain generator for pf comes from.

Julie on 5/24/01 at 10:31 (048771)

Yes, and that's why I asked: is it right to encourage people to think that one shoe suits everyone and addresses all cases?

JudyS on 5/24/01 at 11:27 (048777)

Dr. Kaufman - thank you for your explanation re: NB shoes and Ossatron - thanks also for a sneak look at that website. I wonder, though, if NB ought not to put some sort of supportive reference next to that Ossatron statement on their website?

Kurt Kaufman on 5/24/01 at 11:30 (048778)

This is not the case and if you would look at the actual link you will see that there are at least 20 different shoes in all price ranges to choose from.

Julie on 5/25/01 at 01:39 (048836)

I'm sorry: I should have said one _make_ of shoe, not one shoe. I still wonder! But the website looks interesting and helpful. Thank you for the link.

john h on 5/25/01 at 11:17 (048866)

no! one shoe does not fit all!

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 07:01 (048629)

STill shank shoe is what you want for any type of heel pain treatment.

Nancy N on 5/23/01 at 08:35 (048636)

That is the same shoe I got from the pedorthist (except that my feet are big enough that I needed a men's size). I can say that it's a very durable shoe (so far) and the motion control is great--though perhaps not so great for those who don't pronate. Overall, though, I like the shoe.

john h on 5/23/01 at 09:39 (048641)

my ossatron recovery shoe consist of a beefeaters martinii, stirred not shaken, with one olive. works every time.

JudyS on 5/23/01 at 10:55 (048647)

Wow - that kind of advertising tends to make me wonder. By who's expertise (not stated) is that shoe recommended for post-Ossatron recovery? Isn't that similar to saying that the shoe is recommended for post-surgical, or post-any treatment recovery? The one thing we know, as PF sufferers, is that NB shoes are pretty good for PF sufferers but it seems like they're going a little 'out there' to make what seems to be a medical claim. Maybe I'm reading too much in to it?

Re: New Balance Shoes

Camilla on 5/23/01 at 17:31 (048685)

Consider the on-line site for RoadRunner.com. It's the most reasonable pricing I have found. I purchased a pair of shoes through RoadRunner and they didn't fit right...I was able to exchange them at a New Balance Retail store in St. Louis.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 20:01 (048705)

Maybe I can get them to say post orbasone. Very strange advertizement

Kurt Kaufman on 5/23/01 at 21:03 (048710)

Healthtronics knows that after ESWT treatment it is very important for success that the patient wears the correct shoes. Remember that plantar fasciitis is not only an inflammatory condition but also a mechanical problem. ESWT treats the injured tissue but the patient must still wear good shoes with excellent support. As one of the original trainers for the Ossatron I was asked to work with the people at New Balance Web Express to help evaluate the best shoes possible for post ESWT treatment. New balance did not seek Healthtronics out, Healthtronics chose New Balance because of their excellent line of shoes. After 6 months of work in picking shoes we have come up with several price ranges of shoes that the patient can pick from in order to increase post treatment success. Actually the site has not been released to the public but you can preview the site at http://www.newbalancewebexpress.com/healthtronics/
Not only do they recommend shoes for post treatment but a rubber sandal for showering. It is important after ESWT to wear a supportive shower sandal.
Once again Healthtronics is at the forefront of patient care by trying to take care of all the patients needs. Before everyone thinks that this is some kind of money maker for Healthtronics,it is not. I know as a fact that Healthtronics makes no money from this partnership and in fact is underwriting some of the costs.
Kurt Kaufman

Julie on 5/24/01 at 02:15 (048734)

Kurt, this is an interesting line of thought, and it's good to be reminded that PF is a biomechanical problem and that we'll all need to wear good supportive shoes after symptoms are resolved. But is it wise, and is it doing PF sufferers any favours, to encourage the notion that one make of shoe is going to be the answer for all? I don't think you can blame people for being a little sceptical.

john h on 5/24/01 at 09:54 (048763)

i have been using the NB 850 cross trainer series for about 5 years. currently use the 853. the rollbar is also a help for people with Hallux Limitus/Rigidus as stated by my orthopedic surgeon. it would seem people who have ESWT should be wearing such shoes not only after ESWT but before ESWT. i am not sure these shoes help 'cure' pf but they maybe keep it from getting any worse.

john h on 5/24/01 at 09:59 (048765)

i am not sure anyone really knows the cause of pf or that there is only one cause. there are many theories out there including inflamed fascia,microtears in fascia, biomechanical, heredity, overweight,age, over activity,trapped nerves, spurs, blood flow,etc,etc,etc. probably there is a multitude of causes like cancer and that explains why no one treatment works for everyone. no one really knows where the pain generator for pf comes from.

Julie on 5/24/01 at 10:31 (048771)

Yes, and that's why I asked: is it right to encourage people to think that one shoe suits everyone and addresses all cases?

JudyS on 5/24/01 at 11:27 (048777)

Dr. Kaufman - thank you for your explanation re: NB shoes and Ossatron - thanks also for a sneak look at that website. I wonder, though, if NB ought not to put some sort of supportive reference next to that Ossatron statement on their website?

Kurt Kaufman on 5/24/01 at 11:30 (048778)

This is not the case and if you would look at the actual link you will see that there are at least 20 different shoes in all price ranges to choose from.

Julie on 5/25/01 at 01:39 (048836)

I'm sorry: I should have said one _make_ of shoe, not one shoe. I still wonder! But the website looks interesting and helpful. Thank you for the link.

john h on 5/25/01 at 11:17 (048866)

no! one shoe does not fit all!