Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cortizone

Posted by Allan on 5/23/01 at 07:12 (048633)

If one cortizone shot can possibly provide relief for up to 8 weeks can I assume that TWO shots could, potentially, provide relief for double that time? Thank you.

Re: cortizone

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 10:59 (048648)

No. Local steriod injections can work for one day, one week, one month, or for years. Very important to have other treatments in addition ot local steriod injections such as orthosis, stretching etc.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 15:17 (048799)

I agree with Dr. Z. I f the cortizone helps but the pain comes back, it is important to take care of what is causing the problem to return. Dr. B.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 15:23 (048802)

The question just reminded me of a 'Paul Bunion ' story I heard when I was a child. The jist of it was that two people standing together could hear twice as far a one . ( This was not ment to take anything away from the serious nature of your question. ) Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/01 at 10:59 (048648)

No. Local steriod injections can work for one day, one week, one month, or for years. Very important to have other treatments in addition ot local steriod injections such as orthosis, stretching etc.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 15:17 (048799)

I agree with Dr. Z. I f the cortizone helps but the pain comes back, it is important to take care of what is causing the problem to return. Dr. B.

Dr. Biehler on 5/24/01 at 15:23 (048802)

The question just reminded me of a 'Paul Bunion ' story I heard when I was a child. The jist of it was that two people standing together could hear twice as far a one . ( This was not ment to take anything away from the serious nature of your question. ) Dr. B.