Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How about those GAS prices, uh?

Posted by Valerie S on 5/23/01 at 15:10 (048664)

Hi.
Just wondering if anyone wants to compare Fuel prices. I live in Michigan. Yesterday, the price was $1.69, and today the price is back up to $1.96.

Buying gas is like playing the stock market... you have to buy at just the right moment...

Re: How about those GAS prices, uh?

Tammie on 5/23/01 at 15:44 (048667)

Hi
Yes I seen gas was $1.76 today so figure by fri will be close to 2 a gal. Yes awful prices but we still keep buying! I was at work voluntering today and seen my bosses! They were so kind as we get a monthly bonus if we dont miss time, he told me I had a check there as he gave me mine to help with the gas prices while I was off! I thought that was very nice! Then he said are u coming back soon we miss u we will help you in any way we can even get you a wheelchair to use lol,I asked if he was that desperate he laughed and said yes and your residents miss you they always ask when are you going to give that one a raise so she can take care of her foot! LOl I felt so very good I love being there! I am going to try and return on June 4 but I may try going back at a less day not so many hours and ease into it that is what I discussed with them today! But I have to go get a release from my dr. they said first! Which I doubt he will mind sending me back! I am so very happy, as they say they will work with me so we shall see!!!We have a very lot of walking and lifting I am not sure how we will cut it back with the help so light right now! One day at a time for me tho Hear that Julie one day at a time so I can hear What my foot is saying to me lol. I need a hearing aide sometimes lol. I hope all is well with you all it was so very beautiful here today the sun was out and just a very pleasant day! I enjoyed it ! I hope everyone else did to! By the way did I mention my foot feels pretty good lately , except I am still waking up at night with it .I think I can live with that if I can have my days relitivly pain free! There is hope gang!!!!

Richard, C.Ped on 5/23/01 at 15:45 (048668)

I am in Columbia South Carolina. The average here is about $1.53/gallon. I don't envy you. I sure am happy I bought a 4 cyl Nissan truck.
Richard

Julie on 5/23/01 at 16:53 (048675)

Are you saying $1.69 (or $1.96 per GALLON? You don't know how lucky you are. In England we are paying 76pence (over $1) per LITRE. Count your blessings.

Paula A on 5/23/01 at 17:12 (048682)

Hi Valerie,

According to my sweetie, gas is running around $1.80 here in
our part of Indiana..I had to ask him since I don't drive, I take
buses, if he isn't around. :)

Paula

wendyn on 5/23/01 at 17:24 (048684)

Ouch Julie - we are paying 76 cents per litre now. I thought that was bad. (It costs me about $70 to fill my van right now!)

Nancy N on 5/23/01 at 17:38 (048687)

Yes, I was horrified by gas prices when I was in Ireland (a friend estimated it would cost me about $37 to fill my little car in the UK in 1996, whereas it rarely cost me more than $12 to fill it here in NJ). And I am not sure that the UK has the highest prices, either. We are pretty spoiled over here by cheap gas prices, but we don't know how lucky we have it, so the increases seem outrageous to a lot of people.

Lisa C. on 5/24/01 at 01:56 (048733)

In California I just paid $2.17 a gallon today! OK, it was supreme (my car was knocking before) but the other choices weren't much cheaper!

Julie on 5/24/01 at 03:26 (048741)

Petrol (gas) prices in Britain are the highest in Europe.

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at 07:17 (048743)

Hi Richard...

We have a tiny car too... Toyota Echo. Lucky for us, we get around 38 mpg... So, right now we are getting gas 2 or 3 gallons at a time, hoping that we will pass a station with better prices. We see such a fluctuation in price, just miles apart around here.

Nancy N on 5/24/01 at 09:03 (048755)

I think I remember hearing that the cost is pretty high in Asia, too--Hong Kong comes to mind, but I don't remember any of the particulars. I think it might've been even higher than the UK, though (but don't quote me on that) That was all info I heard last year when the prices first started rising here.

Clara on 5/25/01 at 11:50 (048871)

The gas price in Sweden is about 1 $ - 10 kronor.
Better to take the bus, bicycle ore train instead!
Clara

Tammie on 5/23/01 at 15:44 (048667)

Hi
Yes I seen gas was $1.76 today so figure by fri will be close to 2 a gal. Yes awful prices but we still keep buying! I was at work voluntering today and seen my bosses! They were so kind as we get a monthly bonus if we dont miss time, he told me I had a check there as he gave me mine to help with the gas prices while I was off! I thought that was very nice! Then he said are u coming back soon we miss u we will help you in any way we can even get you a wheelchair to use lol,I asked if he was that desperate he laughed and said yes and your residents miss you they always ask when are you going to give that one a raise so she can take care of her foot! LOl I felt so very good I love being there! I am going to try and return on June 4 but I may try going back at a less day not so many hours and ease into it that is what I discussed with them today! But I have to go get a release from my dr. they said first! Which I doubt he will mind sending me back! I am so very happy, as they say they will work with me so we shall see!!!We have a very lot of walking and lifting I am not sure how we will cut it back with the help so light right now! One day at a time for me tho Hear that Julie one day at a time so I can hear What my foot is saying to me lol. I need a hearing aide sometimes lol. I hope all is well with you all it was so very beautiful here today the sun was out and just a very pleasant day! I enjoyed it ! I hope everyone else did to! By the way did I mention my foot feels pretty good lately , except I am still waking up at night with it .I think I can live with that if I can have my days relitivly pain free! There is hope gang!!!!

Richard, C.Ped on 5/23/01 at 15:45 (048668)

I am in Columbia South Carolina. The average here is about $1.53/gallon. I don't envy you. I sure am happy I bought a 4 cyl Nissan truck.
Richard

Julie on 5/23/01 at 16:53 (048675)

Are you saying $1.69 (or $1.96 per GALLON? You don't know how lucky you are. In England we are paying 76pence (over $1) per LITRE. Count your blessings.

Paula A on 5/23/01 at 17:12 (048682)

Hi Valerie,

According to my sweetie, gas is running around $1.80 here in
our part of Indiana..I had to ask him since I don't drive, I take
buses, if he isn't around. :)

Paula

wendyn on 5/23/01 at 17:24 (048684)

Ouch Julie - we are paying 76 cents per litre now. I thought that was bad. (It costs me about $70 to fill my van right now!)

Nancy N on 5/23/01 at 17:38 (048687)

Yes, I was horrified by gas prices when I was in Ireland (a friend estimated it would cost me about $37 to fill my little car in the UK in 1996, whereas it rarely cost me more than $12 to fill it here in NJ). And I am not sure that the UK has the highest prices, either. We are pretty spoiled over here by cheap gas prices, but we don't know how lucky we have it, so the increases seem outrageous to a lot of people.

Lisa C. on 5/24/01 at 01:56 (048733)

In California I just paid $2.17 a gallon today! OK, it was supreme (my car was knocking before) but the other choices weren't much cheaper!

Julie on 5/24/01 at 03:26 (048741)

Petrol (gas) prices in Britain are the highest in Europe.

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at 07:17 (048743)

Hi Richard...

We have a tiny car too... Toyota Echo. Lucky for us, we get around 38 mpg... So, right now we are getting gas 2 or 3 gallons at a time, hoping that we will pass a station with better prices. We see such a fluctuation in price, just miles apart around here.

Nancy N on 5/24/01 at 09:03 (048755)

I think I remember hearing that the cost is pretty high in Asia, too--Hong Kong comes to mind, but I don't remember any of the particulars. I think it might've been even higher than the UK, though (but don't quote me on that) That was all info I heard last year when the prices first started rising here.

Clara on 5/25/01 at 11:50 (048871)

The gas price in Sweden is about 1 $ - 10 kronor.
Better to take the bus, bicycle ore train instead!
Clara