Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pt

Posted by P Helm on 5/23/01 at 16:20 (048669)

I am curious to see if many of the people had PT after their TTS surgery? I haven't had any and I had the surgery Feb.26th. I am not any better at all, either. I have a feeling it is a loss cause and it will never get better because I don't have ANY signs of improvement.

Re: pt

DENNIS B. on 5/23/01 at 16:45 (048672)

I HAD TTS RELIEF SURGERY ON FEB. 07, DID NOT HAVE ANY PT AND AM IN THE SAME SHAPE AS YOU ARE, I'M SORRY TO SAY.

Patti H. on 5/23/01 at 18:21 (048694)

Dennis,
Does your Dr. still seem to think it could get better? Mine told me that after 9 months if it is not better, then it probably won't get better.

Patti

claudia m on 5/23/01 at 21:11 (048714)

I am in pt and I had my TTS surgery on April 10th. Started pt 3 weeks later and I really do feel I have made a lot of improvement since going to pt. I really wish I was doing better, because I now am having a problen on the inside bottom of my foot with the tendon. It is so very sore I cannot stand for them to massage it at all. But I cannot imagine where I would be without the pt. I really hope you get better soon, and if not I think I would ask for some pt. Please let me know how you are doing we are all in the same boat.

chris on 5/24/01 at 08:19 (048752)

I had tts/pf surgery 8 Nov and did not receive pt until 8 Feb. I also questioned why I was not referred to PT before, but for whatever reason they never referred me! After I began PT, wow what a difference! Swelling went down, incision site pain went away, and I feel great! I am wearing all of my shoes painfree, even the strappy sandels!
I knwo the healing takes time and remember a time when I feared surgery may have made things worse, but not any longer!

Good LUck to you!

DENNIS B. on 5/25/01 at 15:09 (048889)

LAST TIME I SAW THE SURGEON WAS IN MARCH AND HE SAID TO GIVE IT MORE TIME SO HE SCHEDULED ME TO GO BACK AND SEE HIM IN MID-JUNE. HIS ONLY COMMENT LAST TIME WAS TO REMIND ME OF THE 70 TO 80% SUCCESS RATE.

AJ on 5/25/01 at 15:11 (048890)

Yes, I had about 9 sessions of PT following my surgery. It started at three weeks post op. It helped me out quite a bit. They worked on reducing scar tissue around the incision, increasing the range of movement in my foot so I could walk, and tenogram stuff to reduce pain. So you are about 4 months post op? Why don't you go to PT now? Has your doc said anything?

Matt L on 5/25/01 at 15:16 (048892)

I had TTS release in '96 at Johns Hopkins by a well thought of orthopaedic surgeon. Never said a thing about PT, although he did suggest self-massaging the scar area (he really didn't emphasize this much). Now have on-going problems assumed to be because of scar tissue. Have since had much PT with no real improvement. Have wondered if my present situation would be better if I had agressive PT beginning right after surgery.

Patti H. on 5/28/01 at 10:07 (049106)

Before I even had surgery ( about 2 yrs ago ) I tore my calf muscle and I had to have PT. Well they had me doing the same type of PT as the PT people have that have had TTS. I have done some on my own since the surgery.. but I just think that whatever is wrong with me can't really be cured. I have large blood vessels that are pressing on my nerves. I don't think there is anything you can do about that. That is why I think mine isn't getting any better. I still haven't given up, but yet I am trying to be realistic because I am only 34 and I need to learn how to live with it .

DENNIS B. on 5/23/01 at 16:45 (048672)

I HAD TTS RELIEF SURGERY ON FEB. 07, DID NOT HAVE ANY PT AND AM IN THE SAME SHAPE AS YOU ARE, I'M SORRY TO SAY.

Patti H. on 5/23/01 at 18:21 (048694)

Dennis,
Does your Dr. still seem to think it could get better? Mine told me that after 9 months if it is not better, then it probably won't get better.

Patti

claudia m on 5/23/01 at 21:11 (048714)

I am in pt and I had my TTS surgery on April 10th. Started pt 3 weeks later and I really do feel I have made a lot of improvement since going to pt. I really wish I was doing better, because I now am having a problen on the inside bottom of my foot with the tendon. It is so very sore I cannot stand for them to massage it at all. But I cannot imagine where I would be without the pt. I really hope you get better soon, and if not I think I would ask for some pt. Please let me know how you are doing we are all in the same boat.

chris on 5/24/01 at 08:19 (048752)

I had tts/pf surgery 8 Nov and did not receive pt until 8 Feb. I also questioned why I was not referred to PT before, but for whatever reason they never referred me! After I began PT, wow what a difference! Swelling went down, incision site pain went away, and I feel great! I am wearing all of my shoes painfree, even the strappy sandels!
I knwo the healing takes time and remember a time when I feared surgery may have made things worse, but not any longer!

Good LUck to you!

DENNIS B. on 5/25/01 at 15:09 (048889)

LAST TIME I SAW THE SURGEON WAS IN MARCH AND HE SAID TO GIVE IT MORE TIME SO HE SCHEDULED ME TO GO BACK AND SEE HIM IN MID-JUNE. HIS ONLY COMMENT LAST TIME WAS TO REMIND ME OF THE 70 TO 80% SUCCESS RATE.

AJ on 5/25/01 at 15:11 (048890)

Yes, I had about 9 sessions of PT following my surgery. It started at three weeks post op. It helped me out quite a bit. They worked on reducing scar tissue around the incision, increasing the range of movement in my foot so I could walk, and tenogram stuff to reduce pain. So you are about 4 months post op? Why don't you go to PT now? Has your doc said anything?

Matt L on 5/25/01 at 15:16 (048892)

I had TTS release in '96 at Johns Hopkins by a well thought of orthopaedic surgeon. Never said a thing about PT, although he did suggest self-massaging the scar area (he really didn't emphasize this much). Now have on-going problems assumed to be because of scar tissue. Have since had much PT with no real improvement. Have wondered if my present situation would be better if I had agressive PT beginning right after surgery.

Patti H. on 5/28/01 at 10:07 (049106)

Before I even had surgery ( about 2 yrs ago ) I tore my calf muscle and I had to have PT. Well they had me doing the same type of PT as the PT people have that have had TTS. I have done some on my own since the surgery.. but I just think that whatever is wrong with me can't really be cured. I have large blood vessels that are pressing on my nerves. I don't think there is anything you can do about that. That is why I think mine isn't getting any better. I still haven't given up, but yet I am trying to be realistic because I am only 34 and I need to learn how to live with it .