Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2nd opinion

Posted by Vicki C. on 5/23/01 at 18:51 (048697)

Hi Everyone ! I don't know if anyone remembers, but I posted a cople of wks. ago re my 'flare-up of PF 'occuring last Nov. resulting in me not working for 7 wks. I have tried custpm orthotics (for a flare-up of the other foot,3yrs. ago) ,orthotics cost a fortune7 hurt like hell, icing,stretching are helping some, & I'm also taking 20mg. of Oxy-contin twice daily since apprx. 1 mo. ago which I HATE taking,however it is the only thing that so far has allowed me some relief.The 1st orthopod I went to (since this recent flare-up ) took x-rays,confirmed,AGAIn, that I have Lg. spurs in both heels(which i already told him),I re-iterated my inability to work as a nurse or anything else for that matter, that involves walking more than a few feet & the man actually SHRUGGED his shoulders,told me that surgery has a less than 50% success rate,threw a script at me for PT,wished me luck & sent me on my way.Needlessto say,I will never go back to him. Yesterday i had an appt. w/ another orthopod,who answered all my questions, offered alot of empathy & tried to re-assure me that he7 i would work together to help me. What a difference,hey? I'm starting PT tomorrow & am asking for your prayers & support. I log-on almost every day & receieve much encouragement,information,& also quite a few chuckles. Does PT seem to help for any of you ?Please let me know & thanks again for being here. I wish you all Peace & Blessings & most of all,pain-free feet.Love ya

Re: 2nd opinion

Laurie R on 5/23/01 at 21:40 (048717)

Hi Vicki, If you don't mind me asking ,why do you hate taking Oxycontin? I have heard that is is suppose to be one of the best new drugs out for pain.I'm looking into a better pain med for my pain. I am on Vicodin right now and it wears off to soon for my type of pain.... Plus I think I have been on it to long... Thanks ..I hope the PT helps you.Let us know.Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at 19:43 (048819)

Hi again Vicki.

So glad that you got a more sympathetic and caring doctor this time. You deserve some relief, and I hope you find it soon. I sent you an email about my experiences in PT.

Good luck to you, and take it easy.

Your friend, Val.

Laurie R on 5/23/01 at 21:40 (048717)

Hi Vicki, If you don't mind me asking ,why do you hate taking Oxycontin? I have heard that is is suppose to be one of the best new drugs out for pain.I'm looking into a better pain med for my pain. I am on Vicodin right now and it wears off to soon for my type of pain.... Plus I think I have been on it to long... Thanks ..I hope the PT helps you.Let us know.Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at 19:43 (048819)

Hi again Vicki.

So glad that you got a more sympathetic and caring doctor this time. You deserve some relief, and I hope you find it soon. I sent you an email about my experiences in PT.

Good luck to you, and take it easy.

Your friend, Val.