Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 weeks post-op/Surprise!!!

Posted by GinaC on 5/24/01 at 17:05 (048807)

I was standing in line at the grocery store late this afternoon when suddenly I realized that my foot didn't hurt at all. No pain: I couldn't believe it! Especially since I had a day or two this week where I seemed to be having more pain in the tarsal tunnel release part of the foot (had tt release, open pf release, and heel spur removal). But this afternoon, nothing hurt at all. First, I was shocked; then, I was thrilled. Don't think I'm fully recovered yet, but I'm sure starting to feel hopeful that I may make it to dog-walking and beyond! I still intend to rest as needed, but maybe that will be less and less. Can't get over the fact that I was standing there with no pain. WOW!

Re: WOW is right ! ! !

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at hrmin (048814)

Hi Gina!

Wow is right! That's absolutely fantastic! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I'm sure you're in for some more ups and downs, but what an encouraging experience, huh??? I am SOOooo happy for you!!

Thanks for sharing your success with the people here. I knew you could do it... keep up the good work! You'll be walking that doggie before summer's out. You're an inspiration! Still remember not to overdo it; you are so awesome!

Your friend, Val.

GinaC on 5/24/01 at 20:55 (048821)

Hey Val,
You'll be pleased to learn that this minor miracle happened at MEIJERS!
Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Take care and keep the foot-faith. Gina

Re: 10 weeks post-op/Surprise!!!

wendyn on 5/24/01 at 21:28 (048824)

Gina that's wonderful! I haven't had surgery - but my feet have had some good days lately too...I go through the same weird disbelief all the time.

Pam R. on 5/24/01 at 21:40 (048826)

Gina, Doesn't it feel great when you finally realize you're not in pain. It's kinda like you go into shock because it has been a constant companion for so long and then one day you noticed something missing--something's different --and you say ' Oh my Gosh, The pain is gone'. It just hits you all of a sudden...And what a great feeling! But you're wondering at the same time...is this going to last and is it that next step, the one that will bring it all back. But I tell myself, I can't think that way. I just take one step at a time and bless the Lord for each painless step. May all your steps continue to be painless. (( Soft Hugs)) Pam

Laurie R on 5/24/01 at 21:44 (048828)

Hi Gina, This is wonderful...keep the good feelings going.You sure deserve it.... I would not know what to do if I did not have pain.I think I would think that all the nerves died in my foot. I'm so happy to hear when people are not in pain.... Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at hrmin (048829)

Gina, you sure know where to shop! hee hee. I grew up at Meijer.

Julie on 5/25/01 at 02:03 (048839)

Gina, that's marvellous. I know how you must have felt - I had that thrill too in India in January, when I suddenly realized I was walking without pain.

Val is right - don't overdo things now, take it slow and enjoy your healing.

JudyS on 5/25/01 at 12:12 (048874)

Valerie - I grew up at that Meijer's too - before it was Meijer's!
Have you ever heard of Miracle Mart?

Valerie S on 5/25/01 at hrmin (048888)

No, but I DO remember Meijer Thrifty Acres, with the little Dutch Boy on the sign in neon... and that they used to be closed on Sundays. Now they are 24 hours.

Christy D on 5/31/01 at 13:58 (049482)

Gina...It is so good to hear! It's so nice to hear positive results..I wish you the best xoxo

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at hrmin (048814)

Hi Gina!

Wow is right! That's absolutely fantastic! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I'm sure you're in for some more ups and downs, but what an encouraging experience, huh??? I am SOOooo happy for you!!

Thanks for sharing your success with the people here. I knew you could do it... keep up the good work! You'll be walking that doggie before summer's out. You're an inspiration! Still remember not to overdo it; you are so awesome!

Your friend, Val.

GinaC on 5/24/01 at 20:55 (048821)

Hey Val,
You'll be pleased to learn that this minor miracle happened at MEIJERS!
Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Take care and keep the foot-faith. Gina

wendyn on 5/24/01 at 21:28 (048824)

Gina that's wonderful! I haven't had surgery - but my feet have had some good days lately too...I go through the same weird disbelief all the time.

Pam R. on 5/24/01 at 21:40 (048826)

Gina, Doesn't it feel great when you finally realize you're not in pain. It's kinda like you go into shock because it has been a constant companion for so long and then one day you noticed something missing--something's different --and you say ' Oh my Gosh, The pain is gone'. It just hits you all of a sudden...And what a great feeling! But you're wondering at the same time...is this going to last and is it that next step, the one that will bring it all back. But I tell myself, I can't think that way. I just take one step at a time and bless the Lord for each painless step. May all your steps continue to be painless. (( Soft Hugs)) Pam

Laurie R on 5/24/01 at 21:44 (048828)

Hi Gina, This is wonderful...keep the good feelings going.You sure deserve it.... I would not know what to do if I did not have pain.I think I would think that all the nerves died in my foot. I'm so happy to hear when people are not in pain.... Laurie R

Valerie S on 5/24/01 at hrmin (048829)

Gina, you sure know where to shop! hee hee. I grew up at Meijer.

Julie on 5/25/01 at 02:03 (048839)

Gina, that's marvellous. I know how you must have felt - I had that thrill too in India in January, when I suddenly realized I was walking without pain.

Val is right - don't overdo things now, take it slow and enjoy your healing.

JudyS on 5/25/01 at 12:12 (048874)

Valerie - I grew up at that Meijer's too - before it was Meijer's!
Have you ever heard of Miracle Mart?

Valerie S on 5/25/01 at hrmin (048888)

No, but I DO remember Meijer Thrifty Acres, with the little Dutch Boy on the sign in neon... and that they used to be closed on Sundays. Now they are 24 hours.

Christy D on 5/31/01 at 13:58 (049482)

Gina...It is so good to hear! It's so nice to hear positive results..I wish you the best xoxo