Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help.....Differant pain

Posted by Marty on 5/25/01 at 07:47 (048850)

What is going on? I have been battling pf for 3 years now and have made good gains the past 2 months. I can now walk heel to toe now not just my toes. It' great, but know for the past 3 days I'm getting these real sharp stabbing pains along the bottom of my feet. It's in the arch area. The pain is not right where the pf attaches to my heel bones and that's where I have had the pain in the past along with the numbness, tingling and burning. I have been getting these bad cramps in my calves at night as well. ?????

The only 2 things I can think of is:

1- The custom orthodics are causing other problems.
2- All the mussels and tendons are realigning some how due to the stretches.

Any Ideas???

Marty

Re: Help.....Differant pain

Donna SL on 5/25/01 at 13:20 (048883)

Marty,

Numbness, tingling, burning, stabbing is usually a sign of some type of nerve involvment. The nerves somewhere in the foot, ankle, etc. may just be irritated from something, or may be entrapped.

BrianG on 5/25/01 at 18:01 (048905)

Have you been doing anything different this past week? Taking any different meds? Stop taking any meds, or supplements? Hope you figure it out.

BCG

Marty on 5/29/01 at hrmin (049192)

Yes I wear hard custom orthodics. I have had this pair for about 2 months.

Donna SL on 5/25/01 at 13:20 (048883)

Marty,

Numbness, tingling, burning, stabbing is usually a sign of some type of nerve involvment. The nerves somewhere in the foot, ankle, etc. may just be irritated from something, or may be entrapped.

BrianG on 5/25/01 at 18:01 (048905)

Have you been doing anything different this past week? Taking any different meds? Stop taking any meds, or supplements? Hope you figure it out.

BCG

Marty on 5/29/01 at hrmin (049192)

Yes I wear hard custom orthodics. I have had this pair for about 2 months.