Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

endoscopic plantar fasciotomy

Posted by Gloria B on 5/25/01 at 22:01 (048929)

I would like to know about the healing process., and more about treatments.

Re: endoscopic plantar fasciotomy

BrianG on 5/26/01 at 18:31 (048985)

Hi Gloria,

The healing process is like any other surgery. Yes, it's an invasive procedure, make no doubt it. Personally, I believe it depends on how long you have had PF, how much pain you are currantly in, and what your overall health is like. I think younger people heal quicker than older folks. If you've only had PF for 6 months, you should do better than someone whos'e had it for over 5 years.

The doctor has a very limited view in this procedure. If there is anything else going on in there, he is probably not going to see it. I think you can expect to be on crutches for a week, to over a month. I some cases, you'll still have pain months later. If the procedure fails, you'll most likely have more pain than before the surgery. Scary, isn't it! I hope your doc has informed you of all the possible complications. Don't forget to ask for successful referrels. Talk to patients who'se problems are similar to yours. Good luck

And then every once in a while, somebody heals up real nice, and gets be be know as 'Happy Feet'. I hope your next.

BCG

john h on 5/27/01 at 10:14 (049034)

from the doctors i talk to the endoscopic procedures is not used nearly as much as it once was. many doctors are dropping it in favor of minimal invasive surgery. read a lot on this subject!

BrianG on 5/26/01 at 18:31 (048985)

Hi Gloria,

The healing process is like any other surgery. Yes, it's an invasive procedure, make no doubt it. Personally, I believe it depends on how long you have had PF, how much pain you are currantly in, and what your overall health is like. I think younger people heal quicker than older folks. If you've only had PF for 6 months, you should do better than someone whos'e had it for over 5 years.

The doctor has a very limited view in this procedure. If there is anything else going on in there, he is probably not going to see it. I think you can expect to be on crutches for a week, to over a month. I some cases, you'll still have pain months later. If the procedure fails, you'll most likely have more pain than before the surgery. Scary, isn't it! I hope your doc has informed you of all the possible complications. Don't forget to ask for successful referrels. Talk to patients who'se problems are similar to yours. Good luck

And then every once in a while, somebody heals up real nice, and gets be be know as 'Happy Feet'. I hope your next.

BCG

john h on 5/27/01 at 10:14 (049034)

from the doctors i talk to the endoscopic procedures is not used nearly as much as it once was. many doctors are dropping it in favor of minimal invasive surgery. read a lot on this subject!