Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Knee stiffness & swelling associated with plantar faciitis

Posted by Andrea P. on 5/27/01 at hrmin (049056)

I've had plantar faciitis for a little over a month & am improving with good shoes, stretching, etc. However, my knee has had some swelling & pain (most often the back of my knee). I'm wondering if there is something that would help with this. I am overweight, and am working on that, as well - but of course that is more long-term...
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks for the great site!
Andrea

Re: Knee stiffness & swelling associated with plantar faciitis

Dr. Biehler on 5/27/01 at 19:37 (049079)

Swelling and pain behind the knee may be the result of a bakers cyst. It also possible that a blood clot can cause this symptom. Either way I think it would be wise if you had your doctor check it out. Dr. B.

Andrea P. on 5/28/01 at 11:54 (049124)

Dr. Biehler,
Thanks for the information - I will certainly do as you suggested. Again, thank you, this is a very nice service!
Andrea

Dr. Biehler on 5/27/01 at 19:37 (049079)

Swelling and pain behind the knee may be the result of a bakers cyst. It also possible that a blood clot can cause this symptom. Either way I think it would be wise if you had your doctor check it out. Dr. B.

Andrea P. on 5/28/01 at 11:54 (049124)

Dr. Biehler,
Thanks for the information - I will certainly do as you suggested. Again, thank you, this is a very nice service!
Andrea